Collapse

Florida Clublink Courses

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Clublink Courses

Will be in FL next month and definitely bringing the sticks.
    Any opinions on Eagle Trace, Woodlands (East or West) and Heron Bay?

We wanted to play Eagle Trace, but I have never heard anything good about it
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
      We wanted to play Eagle Trace, but I have never heard anything good about it
      Mark - you haven't talked to me about it. I think Eagle Trace is a very good course and you can get some good deals too. I believe both Eagle Trace and Heron Bay at one time hosted the Honda Classic. If you play Heron Bay you will be left wondering how it could have hosted a PGA event - it is very ordinary.

Comment

Should add that I don't know anything about the Woodlands courses.

Comment

Am staying at a home on Bay Harbor Island so I've restricted my travel distance to courses within an hour's drive.
          Closest course is Normandy Shores...15 minutes away...which is stupidly priced this time of year.

The Clublink Pro Am was played early December at Eagle Trace and Woodlands so how bad can they be? At least they have ranges.
          Not looking to pay ridiculous money for overpriced Florida courses...I'd rather pay for great courses when I'm in Palm Springs in April.

Comment

I like Eagle Trace, every time we go there the conditioning gets better. Heron Bay is just ok and agree with Playthru that you will wonder how they played the Honda Classic at Heron Bay. I have not played the other Clublink courses there.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Eagle Trace is a fun track, great layout. Tough par 3s easy Par 5s. 2nd shot course, usually plenty of room off the tee
                Titleist 915D2 10.5*
                Yonex E-Zone XP 18*
                Titleist 915H 21*
                Titleist AP1 714 4-6
                Titleist AP2 714 7-PW
                Vokey 50* 56* 62*
                Scotty Cameron A.O.P. Newport
                Bridgestone E6

Comment

Originally posted by Shankopotamus View Post
                  Eagle Trace is a fun track, great layout. Tough par 3s easy Par 5s. 2nd shot course, usually plenty of room off the tee
                  Played it when I was down there in January. Course was in relatively good shape and greens were rolling nicely.
                  Agreed that all the par 3s were tough.

Comment

Greens were very fast when I was there. I'm not one to complain about firm and fast but the course felt to me like it should be watered a bit more, for the style of course that it is. But with CL running it that's no surprise.
                    Titleist 915D2 10.5*
                    Yonex E-Zone XP 18*
                    Titleist 915H 21*
                    Titleist AP1 714 4-6
                    Titleist AP2 714 7-PW
                    Vokey 50* 56* 62*
                    Bridgestone E6

Comment

Will be in Fort Lauderdale from Mar 31 thru April 3 with some guys who are ClubLink members.

One of them will be making the playing arrangements.

Any recommendations of what to play or what to avoid?

Comment

The CL Florida tracks are, at best....yawn. Eagle Trace will give you some challenges, although when I last played it a few years back, the conditioning was not what we hoped for. Those that have played it more recently (as per above) say it is better now. Heron Bay has potential - just needs a major redo, which CL will not spend money on.
                        Enjoy the warm weather. At least you will be playing golf.
                        No good deed goes unpunished.
                        A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
                          Will be in Fort Lauderdale from Mar 31 thru April 3 with some guys who are ClubLink members.

This may be controversial but I'd recommend the Diplomat. It's pricey if you pay the rack rate but I believe there are discounted rates if you look around. I had a great experience there. Miles better than any of the CL courses.
                          Titleist 915D2 10.5*
                          Yonex E-Zone XP 18*
                          Titleist 915H 21*
                          Titleist AP1 714 4-6
                          Titleist AP2 714 7-PW
                          Vokey 50* 56* 62*
                          Bridgestone E6

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

Book through Canam golf....found them to be better than GolfNow and have very competitive rates for non-residents.
                            Highly recommend the Golf Club at Emerald Hills.
                            The best golf course in South Florida. Fort Lauderdale's most challenging golf course greens. Course aerials and playing tips for all 18 holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shankopotamus View Post

This may be controversial but I'd recommend the Diplomat. It's pricey if you pay the rack rate but I believe there are discounted rates if you look around. I had a great experience there. Miles better than any of the CL courses.
                              Diplomat was permanently closed last year. An alternative is The Biltmore in Coral Gables. Played it twice in late Dec since it reopened and its a challenging layout even though I believe they wasted spending millions on the new bunkers.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X