Collapse

Linkline Online Booking - Not Impressed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linkline Online Booking - Not Impressed

I am a member at Glencairn. I have been using the online booking tool (which I like) to try and find a time at Hidden Lake this Sunday (26th) in the morning. My guest lives around the corner and likes playing there. We do this 2-3 times a month for the past 3 years. According to the tool there was nothing available until almost noon for the twosome I wanted to book. As such, I then looked at Glen Abbey as I have a free voucher I can use for my guest. Looking for anything after noon. According to the tool there is nothing before 3:00. That is too late. No problem, it happens.My bad luck.

Then I look up the public booking times. I see 10 tee times before 9 a.m. available at Hidden Lake. Some on each course as early as 7:12 (when I would like to go off) I look up Glen Abbey. I see 9 tee times available between 12 & 2. NOT IMPRESSED Clublink! I pay $6,600 a year in fees. I bring guests that rings in at least another $1,000 for you. I can't book tee times that will include a paying guest because you are blocking them off for the possibility of a paying public member?
    I don't have many complaints about my Clublink experience. I have not had this experience in my past 3 years of doing this. WTF Clublink? Treat your membership properly and as if you think we are valuable. Not as if we are your lowest priority.

Agree completely. I got into it with someone from LinkLine over the phone a month ago when only the daily fee courses were open.. and I (A ClubLink member) couldn't book one of 15 times that were available to the public. Was told to try again the day before the desired tee time to see if it was still open... GFY.
    However, this past week I called LinkLine to book a time at Hidden Lake that was open on to daily fee golfers and not members.. and the lady booked it no problem (3 days before desired tee time). Starting to wonder if it simply depends on how the phone operator is feeling that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron View Post
      I am a member at Glencairn. I have been using the online booking tool (which I like) to try and find a time at Hidden Lake this Sunday (26th) in the morning. My guest lives around the corner and likes playing there. We do this 2-3 times a month for the past 3 years. According to the tool there was nothing available until almost noon for the twosome I wanted to book. As such, I then looked at Glen Abbey as I have a free voucher I can use for my guest. Looking for anything after noon. According to the tool there is nothing before 3:00. That is too late. No problem, it happens.My bad luck.

Then I look up the public booking times. I see 10 tee times before 9 a.m. available at Hidden Lake. Some on each course as early as 7:12 (when I would like to go off) I look up Glen Abbey. I see 9 tee times available between 12 & 2. NOT IMPRESSED Clublink! I pay $6,600 a year in fees. I bring guests that rings in at least another $1,000 for you. I can't book tee times that will include a paying guest because you are blocking them off for the possibility of a paying public member?
      I don't have many complaints about my Clublink experience. I have not had this experience in my past 3 years of doing this. WTF Clublink? Treat your membership properly and as if you think we are valuable. Not as if we are your lowest priority.
      Next time call the proshop. They almost always set aside starter times.

Comment

Originally posted by Bchaps26 View Post
        However, this past week I called LinkLine to book a time at Hidden Lake that was open on to daily fee golfers and not members.
        Certainly back asswards.
        – Greg

Comment

There are few sights more sad to see than a ClubLink member using a cellphone from his own grille room, on hold and waiting, to book a tee-time for the next weekend at his own club.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post

Next time call the proshop. They almost always set aside starter times.
            I shouldn’t have to. And for the past 3 years I haven’t had to. Been playing at 7ish on Sunday at HL all that time.
            When I called LinkLine today the rep had to get supervisor approval to release the tee time to me. But I am off just after 7.

Comment

What’s the deal with Daily Fee courses? Certainly has to be a revenue thing, yes? Can’t possibly be promotional, trying to attract future members. Public golfers view daily fee clubs just like any other public track. Nothing special about those.
              – Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
                There are few sights more sad to see than a ClubLink member using a cellphone from his own grille room, on hold and waiting, to book a tee-time for the next weekend at his own club.
                Why call? Use your mobile device or tablet and book online. Should never be an issue for your Home Course. If for some reason it is, speak to your pro.

Comment

Hey Gridiron ran into this 2x last year and not only the tee times but also the price.

1x with Cherry where Linkline had zero times but daily fee online had plenty (and was also $15 cheaper with cart). I called the proshop and they booked it for me and also matched the online price for my guests.

2nd time was Bond Head, except when I called the proshop they told me no, instead they told me to go on Golfnow and book it as it was $25 less then the members guest price and when I come in they will just cancel/refund the 1 time for me.
                  Last edited by chrish8; May 28, 2019, 09:08 AM.
                  In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
                  Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
                  Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
                  Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
                  Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
                  Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
                  Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
                  --------
                  Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Originally posted by chrish8 View Post
                    instead they told me to go on Golfnow
                    Nothing sadder than a member having to use GolfNow.
                    – Greg

Comment

Hey Gridiron ran into this 2x last year and not only the tee times but also the price.

1x with Cherry where Linkline had zero times but daily fee online had plenty (and was also $15 cheaper with cart). I called the proshop and they booked it for me and also matched the online price for my guests.

2nd time was Bond Head, except when I called the proshop they told me no, instead they told me to go on Golfnow and book it as it was $25 then the members guest price and when I come in they will just cancel/refund the 1 time for me.
                      wow what an *** at the BH proshop
                      how can they tell member to use GOLFNOW to book the damn tee time this is most ridiculous thing I've ever heard

Comment

Originally posted by OJ14 View Post

wow what an *** at the BH proshop
                        how can they tell member to use GOLFNOW to book the damn tee time this is most ridiculous thing I've ever heard
                        I really didn't mind them telling me that, actually appreciated it becasue it saved each of my quest $25 each.

The issue with these discount sites is with Clublink Corporate (not the club/proshop as they don't make these deals ) as they ar ethe ones that allow these deals with 3rd party services and does not apply/match the same discounts to their own membership.
                        In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
                        Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
                        Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
                        Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
                        Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
                        Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
                        Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
                        --------
                        Home Course - Clublink

Comment

I really didn't mind them telling me that, actually appreciated it becasue it saved each of my quest $25 each.

The issue with these discount sites is with Clublink Corporate (not the club/proshop as they don't make these deals ) as they ar ethe ones that allow these deals with 3rd party services and does not apply/match the same discounts to their own membership.
                          Yes I do understand its the Clublink corp but at least the pro shops should be able to apply and/or match the same discounts on their own. Also booking through GolfNow don't you have to pay non-refundable booking fee? I maybe wrong but just saying members should have better access to the tee time and guest fees.

Comment

Oh also, it's almost always cheaper online at daily fee courses than posted guest green fees. Seems like cash grabbing scheme from clublink to me.

Whenever I play Rolling Hills I usually let my non-member friend book it through daily fee website and then when I get there I just give my number

Comment

Ran into this issue today. Tried to book Bethesda for Sunday and no times on linkline. GolfNow has about 10-15 times between 10am and 2pm. Called the clubhouse and the guy said he would ask his manager. 5 mins of being on hold he came back and said, and I quote, "So, unfortunately we can't book you in on a weekend. Because we are primarily a daily fee club we have most of our tee times Saturday and Sunday reserved for those guests. However if you'd like to play during the week we have plently of times available." Are you F****** kidding me Clublink? When they list the courses that members have access to I don't think any of the daily fee courses should be included if this is their new policy. Thanks Clublink for showing how much you value your members.

Sincerely,
                              A pissed off member

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X