/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Is any other Clublink member having a hard time finding courses to play in 2019?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is any other Clublink member having a hard time finding courses to play in 2019?

Myself and my golf partners this year 2019 are having a hard time finding courses to play. In previous years we had no issues getting courses to play. Usually we can play any course, this year has been a struggle to find courses to play. We religiously go online with Linkline to search for courses at 7am , one week before the date and find that we are already limited on what courses to play. We even look course by course. Am I the only one who has this problem and has anyone inquiried about any reason for the change. I have been a member for close to 10 years and have noticed the change over the last couple of seasons. Thoughts?

I've noticed this. They've been blocking out times for home members I think. I remember last month I was trying to play Diamondback on a weekday at like 10:00, online booking was "full". Called linkline, he said it was full but if I called the clubhouse maybe they could maybe squeeze me in. Called the club house, they gave me about 6 tee times to pick from between 10 and 11. Also when I played the course it was literally a ghost town. Not super impressed with clublink this year

Comment

Im actually happy about this. Protecting home course times more and more.

Nothing drives me nuts more then the guys who are members at a certain club and then never play there.

I agree some of the appeal of CL is the variety. But something needs to be done to provide value to the members paying for plat and prestige courses.

Met too many SC members who never play SC ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
        Im actually happy about this. Protecting home course times more and more.

Nothing drives me nuts more then the guys who are members at a certain club and then never play there.

I agree some of the appeal of CL is the variety. But something needs to be done to provide value to the members paying for plat and prestige courses.

Met too many SC members who never play SC ever.
        Couldn't agree more and DB is the wrost for protecting homeclub times. The last 4 years have not enjoyable, waking up at 5:50 Sat-Sun to be on link line for 6 and the earliest I could get was a 10-11:30 pm time at DB. My 1st yr at DB (joined in July) I played 20+ round and not one was with a DB member they were all either SC or NP. DB needs ot follow suit as many members are ticked off.

I can also confirm for fact WD does do the best job at saving tee times for home club members, I was on looking for a 4some between 12-2 during the week and nothing was coming up. I asked my wife (her home club) to check and she was able to get me any day I wanted.

I would love to see Clink introduce restricted times in a way home club members have 3-4 days advance bookings before 1pm, then they open the rest up to club link if it is not booked
        In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
        Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
        Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
        Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
        Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
        Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
        Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
        --------
        Home Course - Clublink

Comment

I think it goes even further than blocked off times for home members - several times this year I've searched for times at various courses on LinkLine and struck out.. only to have a friend of mine call in and have a bunch of options. Not sure what the deal is with that but I pretty much only use online to book at my home course (BS) and call in if we want to play elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by chrish8 View Post

Couldn't agree more and DB is the wrost for protecting homeclub times. The last 4 years have not enjoyable, waking up at 5:50 Sat-Sun to be on link line for 6 and the earliest I could get was a 10-11:30 pm time at DB. My 1st yr at DB (joined in July) I played 20+ round and not one was with a DB member they were all either SC or NP. DB needs ot follow suit as many members are ticked off.

I can also confirm for fact WD does do the best job at saving tee times for home club members, I was on looking for a 4some between 12-2 during the week and nothing was coming up. I asked my wife (her home club) to check and she was able to get me any day I wanted.

I would love to see Clink introduce restricted times in a way home club members have 3-4 days advance bookings before 1pm, then they open the rest up to club link if it is not booked
            See im a NP member but id say i play 70% of my rounds there because i love it. One of the best CL tracks forget that its one of the cheaper ones. The unfortunate part is we get a few members who never actually play NP. Kinda stupid imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post

See im a NP member but id say i play 70% of my rounds there because i love it. One of the best CL tracks forget that its one of the cheaper ones. The unfortunate part is we get a few members who never actually play NP. Kinda stupid imo.
              or another thought is make a rule in which you have to play 50% of your rounds in you club category or under, until that ratio is met you cannot play the level ups.
              In the Bag

--------
              Home Course - Clublink

Comment

I think its good for clubs to hold off some times for home club members even on weekdays. I've noticed they release the times to rest of clublinksters two day prior to the date.

I'm member at Station Creek and had no problem booking tee times on weekends at SC(usually play early morning like 6-7) and on weekdays if I can't find something I want, usually wait till closer to the date and find somewhere to play. I just played CC West yesterday and Wyndance today.

Also, I don't get why people don't play their home courses. Especially Station Creek members, it's a good track and usually in better shape than some platinum courses.

Comment

or another thought is make a rule in which you have to play 50% of your rounds in you club category or under, until that ratio is met you cannot play the level ups.
                  I kinda like that idea, I hate it when I meet a SC member at a different course but can't have a conversation about home course because they have never played it before OMG.

Comment

Originally posted by captainbim View Post

I kinda like that idea, I hate it when I meet a SC member at a different course but can't have a conversation about home course because they have never played it before OMG.
                    it has happened to me on several occasions, 1 couple in particular have been with club link for 5yrs and never played their home club (NP). They openly told me they only signed up there becasue it was the lowest $$$ to get access to Wyndance Kings Riding and DiamondBack...that is what ruins it for everyone else...
                    In the Bag

--------
                    Home Course - Clublink

Comment

I'm hoping that all Platinum courses go to the Emerald Hills model with walk up tee times and Platinum members get priority at other Platinum courses. Far too many Gold members filling premium times at Platinum courses.
                      Right now the only perk I have as Platinum in the GTA Central area is the ability to play King Valley and I'm sure their members are not pleased about that.

Comment

Couldn't agree more..

1. Atleast 40% of rounds in your home course
                        2.Have a cap on how many rounds you can play in upper tiers

Else, whats the point? I can be a member at the cheapest gold course and play everywhere, and never play in my home course

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post
                          I'm hoping that all Platinum courses go to the Emerald Hills model with walk up tee times and Platinum members get priority at other Platinum courses. Far too many Gold members filling premium times at Platinum courses.
                          Right now the only perk I have as Platinum in the GTA Central area is the ability to play King Valley and I'm sure their members are not pleased about that.
                          Id be for this with 1 complaint. NP isnt platinum. I love NP and its my home course partially due to proximity and i love the course staff and core members who play it. NP really would be a plat course if
                          1) it was closer to GTA
                          2) had a nicer clubhouse.

With that said if CL changed its policy id gladly join or move to platinum so long as i can keep NP as my home course. Unfortunately Wyndance would be my preferred plat course but its still 50km from me almost. I enjoy DB and KR but not enough to join there.

Comment

Originally posted by chomi View Post

Couldn't agree more..

1. Atleast 40% of rounds in your home course
                            2.Have a cap on how many rounds you can play in upper tiers

Else, whats the point? I can be a member at the cheapest gold course and play everywhere, and never play in my home course
                            well thats what a lot of people do, and take pride saving some $$$ on it. But again thats benefit of clublink ... can't really blame people when all they are doing is taking advantage(rightfully) of their rights.

Comment

Originally posted by captainbim View Post

well thats what a lot of people do, and take pride saving some $$$ on it. But again thats benefit of clublink ... can't really blame people when all they are doing is taking advantage(rightfully) of their rights.
                              That is actual not 100% correct, there is a buy-law under the home club section of all our contracts. While I find it bogus it is there. If CL was to live up to their own contract these individuals would have have zero complain about, either open the wallet and pay for the right level or leave...

The by-law is as follows;

HOME CLUB ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

ClubLink monitors the rounds played by Members. I acknowledge that at least 50% of the
                              total rounds played as of September 1 of each year must be played at my Home Club and that failure to do so may be considered to be conduct unbecoming of a Member permitting suspension or cancellation of my Membership pursuant to section 8 of the Membership Plan and By-law.

Should I not meet the 50% minimum, ClubLink may require me before the start of the following year to transfer my Membership to another ClubLink Club determined by ClubLink to be more appropriate to my playing patterns , failing which I acknowledge that ClubLink may terminate my Membership with no refund.
                              In the Bag

--------
                              Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...