/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Clublink really needs to get there act together - rant

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clublink really needs to get there act together - rant

I am not sure what is going on with Clublink this year but the service across a lot of clubs as well as the company itself has seem to be declining rapidly.

To begin my rant;

#1 . A couple of weeks ago I took out 11 guests to a club link track (not DiamondBack). On the second hole the Marshall suggested to our group we try to keep up with the group in front of us, we paid him zero attention (FYI when we got to #3 they were just approaching the green?). He approached us again on #4. On #7 he was there again but did not say anything just watched our tee shots and drove off.. When we finished #8 he drove up and told us we were way off pace and need to pick it up and it will be our last warning.

At this point I asked him if it normal for him to spend his day harassing a member that brought 11 guests to the club or if he really had nothing else to do, of course his back went up. He then said the other group is already on their way to #10, to which one of my guest pointed out that the group in front of our 4some was a 2 some in a cart he said that is not the point he wants us to play in under 4hrs.

After we putted out on #9 I checked the time and we completed 9 holes in 1hr and 48 mins. Seeing we were under 2hrs I went into the club house and spoke to the Head Pro.
    I advised him of the situation and he agreed that was not acceptable and radio called the Marshall and told him to leave our group alone for the reminder of the day.

At #12 this jerk drives by our tee deck and yells form his cart "thanks for picking up the pace". Of course I went in after the round (which we played in just under 4hrs) and advised them again of this ignorant SOB, the head pro was shocked and advised he did tell the Marshall to drive out to apologise for riding us on the front not to say that and will speak to him directly.

#2 Same day as above ( cannot say too much as it is still with Clublink head office as it may become a much bigger issue maybe even media matter) our last group to tee off came up to me and advised before they tee'd off the starter (different employee) made a racial comment about a member near the starters hut near them.

#3 . Playing with a Wyndance member yesterday in general conversation I asked him how he likes it there cause my wife loves it. He said for the most part it is great but this year he has ran into multiple issues where non home club members of a certain demographic have refused to pair up/allow him to join their group and the starters let them go out as a 3some and have him follow as a single...WTF???????????????????? Why would they have the advantage over a home club member , why would a single follow a 3some and more importantly who are they to say who they can and can't play with?

Clublink Corp needs to do some serious customer service training imo.
    Last edited by chrish8; Sep 9, 2019, 02:19 PM.
    In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
    Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
    Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
    Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
    Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
    Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
    Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
    --------
    Home Course - Clublink

Originally posted by chrish8 View Post

....refused to pair up/allow to join their group and the starters let them go out as a 3some and have him follow as a single...WTF???????????????????? why would a single follow a 3some and more importantly who are they to say who they can and can't play with?
    Hmmm, I saw that at Tam O'Shanter a couple of weeks ago----as I was waiting to play as a Single
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

#1 is an *** of a marshall but im suprised a marshall was marshalling at all. 99% of them are useless at CL. By any chance were you at KR? They seem to be the only place ive seen a marshall ever say nething.

Comment

"At #12 this jerk drives by our tee deck and yells form his cart "thanks for picking up the pace"

I am a marshal at a busy course and whenever I have to ask a group to get back into position and/or pick up the pace, I always follow-up a few holes later to see how they are doing and if they have been successful will, in every instance, express my appreciation for them doing so. This might be stopping by a green or tee to say it or just slowing down and giving them a nod and a thumbs up from a distance.
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
          #1 is an *** of a marshall but im suprised a marshall was marshalling at all. 99% of them are useless at CL. By any chance were you at KR? They seem to be the only place ive seen a marshall ever say nething.
          no not KR
          In the Bag

--------
          Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Have not had to many issues with Clublink courses since joining last fall. Pace at most of the true private courses is good. I do notice the tee time booking( then not showing issue) and I would say more times then not there is no marshal vs having someone out there. The public plays are a completely different story and are constantly overbooked and slow. I play a lot as a single and have found the people I have been paired with to be very friendly and welcoming. Anyone who is complaining about completing a nine in 1:48 is lost in my mind. I donít care where the group in front is as that is irrelevant. For all I know they are picking up every ball that gets remotely close to the hole or they are hitting everything in the fairway and every green along the way. I hope that the individual u encountered is let go from his free golf job as I am sure there are lots of others willing to step in.

Comment

Re the paring, that is not as simple an issue. While the starter should have absolute say which group pairs up or not, you also dont want the two parties to simply hate each other for the next 4 hrs and ruin the round for everybody. So yes while the single player may be annoyed the 3some refuses to pair up, but at the same time, do you really want the starter to force them to do it, and you will be playing with a non-social group for the round... If I am the starter and the tee deck not busy, I will simply send the single player out first and make the 3some wait, to "send the message".

Comment

no not KR
                My guess CC.

Comment

Originally posted by wongmb View Post

Re the paring, that is not as simple an issue. While the starter should have absolute say which group pairs up or not, you also dont want the two parties to simply hate each other for the next 4 hrs and ruin the round for everybody. ......

........ If I am the starter and the tee deck not busy, I will simply send the single player out first and make the 3some wait, to "send the message".
                  Part 1 I am going to disagree, golf is a social game and IMO a non home club member(s) should not be telling the course they are visiting who they are paired with. If they want that kind of exclusivity let them buy their own course and or do not book a course during prime time ...

As for Part #2 100% agree the starter (which was my main issue) should have said to the 3some "if you are not going to pair up with a home club member he goes out 1st .

Originally posted by QuentinJJ View Post

My guess CC.
                  Due to issue # 2 that is still on going I cannot say the course. But I will say it was not C.C
                  In the Bag

--------
                  Home Course - Clublink

Comment

That is nuts, while most of my complaints with CL (I've gone an emailed corporate already) about no marshalls, you got the other end. I sent them a video where there are 4 groups on one hole, Marshall was nowhere to be found at all, what should've been 4 1/2 hours easy round on a platinum level course turned longer than it should be.

I've seen that happened Wyndance, while this certain demographic refused to play with my 2some, they easily paired up with the same demographic behind us, I don't really care to be honest as long as you keep pace (which they did) and I go ahead of you first.
                    Cobra King F7
                    Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                    Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                    Cobra Amp Pro 6-AW + KBS C-Tapers S
                    Cobra Tour Trusty Dual (56/60)
                    Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Sounds like some CL members think they should decide what happens on the course, to the detriment of others. So the management of the course is failing. The Professional Staff or Starter should be managing who gets on the course, and when, and make appropriate adjustments to enhance pace of play. Then Player Assistants should be monitoring throughout the course.

Comment

Originally posted by wongmb View Post

Re the paring, that is not as simple an issue. While the starter should have absolute say which group pairs up or not, you also dont want the two parties to simply hate each other for the next 4 hrs and ruin the round for everybody. So yes while the single player may be annoyed the 3some refuses to pair up, but at the same time, do you really want the starter to force them to do it, and you will be playing with a non-social group for the round... If I am the starter and the tee deck not busy, I will simply send the single player out first and make the 3some wait, to "send the message".
                        I disagree. In my view, the club owns the tee time, not the player and if the starter asks you to pair up (especially in such an obvious situation) you do so immediately and welcome a fellow member into your group - no questions asked. Then you do whatever you can to make it a pleasant experience for all - not that hard.

Allowing any groups a veto over another member joining your group creates a sense of entitlement over the times that is destructive to a club atmosphere in the longer term.

Comment

Originally posted by imAnewbie View Post
                          I sent them a video where there are 4 groups on one hole, Marshall was nowhere to be found at all, what should've been 4 1/2 hours easy round on a platinum level course turned longer than it should be.
                          LIAR, I am calling BS on ^^^^^ for 2 reasons;

#1 Are you suggesting some people would be so ignorant and play in a group with more than 4 and delay the rest of the course?

#2 Are you also saying you want me to believe Clublink would not do anything to control that situation?

The below is from another platinum course I took , the story told to me is they were told at least 6-8 times to break up into a 3some and 4some but played the "we don't understand English card" and ignored the staff so the club just gave up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	db6.jpg
Views:	2569
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	3034812
                          In the Bag

--------
                          Home Course - Clublink

Comment

While there are many Clublink courses that are renowned for slow rounds AND slow playing golfers, there are also some courses that put an emphasis on quicker rounds. Our course is definitely one that leans toward quicker rounds and most of our starters convey that info on the 1st tee. No-one wants to be harassed multiple times during a round, but there are times when this becomes necessary. Some golfers just don't understand what "ready golf" is and what it entails. And I think our starters and on course staff do a good job with both conveying the message and keeping pace moving.
                            My personal issue is that we play our Saturday and Sunday early rounds in under 3-1/2 hours, walking, so a 4 hour or 4-1/4 hour round seems to take forever to me. As far as being paired up - it should be up to the starter to make the appropriate pairings based on many factors. And the decision process on pairing should allow for an enjoyable round and also proper pace. If one experiences what they feel is poor service or mistreatment, there is always recourse. You can always speak to management in the pro shop or contact CL head office.
                            No good deed goes unpunished.
                            A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Are you suggesting some people would be so ignorant and play in a group with more than 4 and delay the rest of the course?

]
                              Trust me, I've seen people try to get away with this but I don't believe that was meant by 4 groups on a hole. 4 groups could be the normal group on the green and group on fairway behind and 2 groups waiting on the tee.

I concur with Bcamp's comments that the golf course is the one who controls pairings and size of groups that go off. On an empty course its not such a big deal, but on a busy course it makes sense to send out 4-somes wherever possible.
                              Its not uncommon for people to book a 4some, knowing that they have only two in hopes of not being paired up. In this situation a course has the right to send another 1/2 golfers with them or delay them a few groups if need be to pair them up with a twosome at a later time.
                              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X