Clublink really needs to get there act together - rant

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by under4hrs View Post

If entitlement = rights to benefits

I pay a premium for my golf privileges...if that includes the ability to call morning of a round and cancel my time, than I've paid for that right.
    But if it's habitual, then that "privilege" comes at the expense of the other Members not enjoying their rights.
    Kinda then = entitlement, no?

Entitlement to benefits is not the same thing as being entitled. Two diff meanings.

I'm not accusing one or or the other, just highlighting the difference in definitions here.
    – Greg

Comment

I'd argue, as a paying member, I am entitled to that privilege of being able to cancel a time...so my contractual entitlement to those benefits does exactly mean I am entitled to those same benefits.

Habitually me booking as a single and cancelling my time - in the grand scheme of things is not what is being referred to here as systemic issue. If I continually book a foursome, and then cancel day of, eventually that pattern of behaviour is going to be identified, and addressed by a Head Pro who routinely sees a gap on the tee sheet due to my actions. I absolutely have an issue with that.

Me cancelling my single slot for whatever reason is totally justifiable...nature of a private club.
      What's In The Bag?
      Titleist 909 D3 Diamana Red X Stiff
      Titleist 910 F2
      Mizuno MP63 4-PW S300
      Vokey 50*
      Vokey 56*
      Vokey 62*
      Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5
      Pro-V1

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post

But if it's habitual, then that "privilege" comes at the expense of the other Members not enjoying their rights.
        Kinda then = entitlement, no?

Entitlement to benefits is not the same thing as being entitled. Two diff meanings.

I'm not accusing one or or the other, just highlighting the difference in definitions here.
        Entitlement to benefits is exactly the same thing as being entitled. Literally the meaning of the words. Definition of entitlement

1a: the state or condition of being entitled : RIGHT
        b: a right to benefits specified especially by law or contract

Perhaps what you are looking for is "sense of entitlement"...acting like you deserve the rights without having been granted or earning those rights.

Again - habitual abuse I am absolutely against, but needs to be addressed at the club level, not a penalty fee assigned by Clublink in my opinion...
        What's In The Bag?
        Titleist 909 D3 Diamana Red X Stiff
        Titleist 910 F2
        Mizuno MP63 4-PW S300
        Vokey 50*
        Vokey 56*
        Vokey 62*
        Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5
        Pro-V1

Comment

Originally posted by captainbim View Post

It shouldn't be a PR nightmare for them, all they are doing is enforcing their own policy.
          But again CL never follows up with most of their policies lol.

"Non-weather related tee time cancellations are required no less than 48 hours prior to play. To cancel a player or an entire tee time inside 48 hours, Members may contact LinkLine or Member Services (1-800-273-5113). In the event the cancellation policy has not been adhered to, a $60 'late cancellation fee’ will be charged to the Member who made the reservation." This copied from CL site Golf Policies
          How's this cancellation policy holding up? I'm a player club member with 14 prepaid rounds for 2020. I'd most likely play last minute so no booking in advance required. I just wonder if I show up at let's say National Pines or Station Creek if tee sheet shows full, what are the odds of getting on? When a 4 some turns into 3some or a 2some, will that show on the system or will they let 2-3 guys tee off without allowing a single to join if they booked as a 4.
          Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
          Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

Comment

Originally posted by gimmeabogey View Post

How's this cancellation policy holding up? I'm a player club member with 14 prepaid rounds for 2020. I'd most likely play last minute so no booking in advance required. I just wonder if I show up at let's say National Pines or Station Creek if tee sheet shows full, what are the odds of getting on? When a 4 some turns into 3some or a 2some, will that show on the system or will they let 2-3 guys tee off without allowing a single to join if they booked as a 4.
            As long as there isn't a tournament going on, I've never had an issue getting on at SC. NP is a hell of a drive to try and get on as a single walk on.

If you want to bat it around SC this summer would love to get out for a game.
            TM M1 Tour AD-DI 6S
            TM SLDR 3 wood accra tour z
            Srixon U65 18* Matrix White Tie
            Srixon U45 22* Matrix White Tie
            Apex Pro Combo 5-P UST Recoil 110
            Vokey SM4 50/54/58
            Odyssey Toe-Up #1
            Ball: Round & White Preferably

Home Club; Station Creek

Comment

Originally posted by jaybudhwani View Post

As long as there isn't a tournament going on, I've never had an issue getting on at SC. NP is a hell of a drive to try and get on as a single walk on.

If you want to bat it around SC this summer would love to get out for a game.
              Sent you a pm

Comment

Always good to call the proshop. They typically can fit you in.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post

Always good to call the proshop. They typically can fit you in.
                  Is there a list of phone numbers to all the club's? Clublink always likes to push linkline.

Comment

Is there a list of phone numbers to all the club's? Clublink always likes to push linkline.
                    Yup just go to each clubs home/main page and either scroll down to contact or about us and you will get the direct line.

In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
                    Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
                    Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
                    Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
                    Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
                    Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
                    Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
                    --------
                    Home Course - Clublink

Comment

you won't have any problem walking on as single. You should be able to get on pretty quick. Lots of no shows LOL

If coming over to SC give me a shout would love to play with fellow tgners

Comment

Boy am I happy I transferred out of DB this year. I played Emerald with my regular group from DB last week and they are pissed. None of the 3 were able to get times within an hour of when they wanted to play a week out booking just after 8am???

They asked the club to give them the % of play for home club vs. non home club and it was 58% for Non-home club....

The club really needs to get that fixed how can they have 60% non home club play when your home club members can't get a tee time......
                        In the Bag

--------
                        Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Originally posted by chrish8 View Post
                          Boy am I happy I transferred out of DB this year. I played Emerald with my regular group from DB last week and they are pissed. None of the 3 were able to get times within an hour of when they wanted to play a week out booking just after 8am???

They asked the club to give them the % of play for home club vs. non home club and it was 58% for Non-home club....

The club really needs to get that fixed how can they have 60% non home club play when your home club members can't get a tee time......
                          Thats a huge issue.

Where did you move to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post

Thats a huge issue.

Where did you move to?
                            Emerald
                            In the Bag

--------
                            Home Course - Clublink

Comment

I am not a Clublink member, just follow this out of interest, one thing I would ask, does each individual club cap the membership at that club ?

Comment

Originally posted by Netz View Post
                                I am not a Clublink member, just follow this out of interest, one thing I would ask, does each individual club cap the membership at that club ?
                                I am not 100% sure but I do not think so becasue you have clubs like Wyndance that have low home club member numbers vs. National Pines and Stations Creek that have huge home club member numbers....
                                In the Bag

--------
                                Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...