Collapse

Bethesda Grange

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bethesda Grange

I'm looking for some feedback from BG members or CL members.
    I am thinking of joining Bethesda. The dues are around $3k so relatively affordable and it gives you access to Gold level courses which is a bonus.
    How is the course and the facilities at BG? Do they have a proper locker room with showers?
    I heard they did a renovation a few years ago on the course. I use to play it many years ago when it was Rolling Hill Blue Course. Are the conditions acceptable and was the renovation a big improvement?
    How is it, in general, being a CL member? Are most CL members happy and satisfied?
    CL is currently waving the initiation fee for Year 1, so it's basically a trial membership. I figure there isn't much to lose but looking for some feedback from golfers here that may know more about it.
    Thank in advance for any guidance.

In my opinion do not waste your time with BG it is terrible and not worth the money you will be spending to be a member. You would be better off joining Station, National Pines or Caledon Woods, you would also get access to the Plat level clubs.

If it is a cost issue you would be better off doing game packs at different public tracks like St. Andrews Valley, Silver Lakes, Ballantrae etc...Again my advice would be to stay away from BG it is not worth membership money.

As for the Club Link experience there are plenty of threads if you use the search function that will give you both the pros and cons.
    In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
    Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
    Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
    Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
    Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
    Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
    Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
    --------
    Home Course - Clublink

Comment

The price says it all, not a fan of BG only play that course in the spring and fall when all the other CL courses are closed.
      Conditions are always bad with amount of rounds the course gets it's not a surprise and POP is terrible.

Comment

Its pretty terrible ,especially POP

Comment

Pace of play is terrible. I've actually left the grange after 2 holes and went and played the challenge it's so damn slow there. It's the last place I would ever get a membership.

Comment

Originally posted by MK7GTI View Post
            Pace of play is terrible. I've actually left the grange after 2 holes and went and played the challenge it's so damn slow there. It's the last place I would ever get a membership.
            was challenge faster? because I remember playing that course one summer and took me like 41/2-5 hour to finish that course. Too long for a short course like that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by captainbim View Post

was challenge faster? because I remember playing that course one summer and took me like 41/2-5 hour to finish that course. Too long for a short course like that lol.
              I've played the challenge many times over the past 3 summers. Overall the pace is better but can be just as bad or worse on the weekends. IMO the grange is so slow because you've got multiple groups of 4 older women that walk every damn day.

The challenge is one of my favorite courses in the GTA. I know that sounds crazy but hear me out. When you consider the length, difficulty, cost, time needed to play(at a decent pace), walkability, and the quality of the course considering its a high traffic course.. it really is a great place to play. I've played many twlight times there and been done in 2.5 hours playing 2 balls on 75% of the holes. I love that place.

Comment

I've weighed Station Creek but I don't really want to spend $2K more, it's more than the budget allows, plus I was told by the CL sales guy that I can play SC anytime I want, it's no issues.
                BG appealed to me because I would have access to about a dozen nice tracks in the GTA. A few days a week I could drive up to Bond Head or Country Club or National Pines and play 18 or 36.
                I basically play every day, at least 6 days a week. I was playing twilight golf in the past but I want to start playing early mornings. Most of the time I just show up as single and I'm happy to pair up with whoever is at the tee box.
                I've looked at a few other options... Spring Lakes, but I'm not crazy about paying $3K initiation and not knowing if I'll like it.
                The game pack idea doesn't appeal to me because I play 150+ times a summer. I also want to be close to home... I live near BG/SC.
                If there are any other options I'm missing, please let me know.

Comment

just wondering where did you used to play? as u said u play 150+ times a summer that's a lot of rounds and if you played public courses even only on twilight prices would have cost 4k more? not sure just assuming.

If you decide to go for BG, then I doubt you'll find early morning times regularly, one experience I like to share. Last year my buddy(he and I are both member at SC) messaged me to play one morning with two members from BG, because on that day he couldn't play. I asked him why not just cancel his tee time slot and he told me that if he cancel his tee time the slot for BG members would also be cancelled, so had to swap me into his slot to keep them there. I asked him if he knew these guys and he just met them couple days ago playing together at SC. They asked my buddy if he can book some time for them and play together, because they couldn't get the times in the morning. I guess some preferred morning times are blocked off to non-home members.

Also, if getting SC times are hard, getting time at CC will be more difficult. Plus Bond Head's mandatory carts there so every time you play there is $20+ extra not worth it regularly plus the drive.

Comment

BG is not worth it. I love being at CL but as others said join a Gold Course. If youre going to join a silver go join Cherry Downs.

Yes u get access to gold courses but CL is getting busier and busier. You essentially get forced into your home course unless you have buddies at other courses.

I also feel like CL has made it slightly harder to get times a lvl up as last summer i swear it was much more difficult to find times at Plat courses and im a gold at NP.

Comment

Originally posted by captainbim View Post
                      just wondering where did you used to play? as u said u play 150+ times a summer that's a lot of rounds and if you played public courses even only on twilight prices would have cost 4k more? not sure just assuming.

If you decide to go for BG, then I doubt you'll find early morning times regularly, one experience I like to share. Last year my buddy(he and I are both member at SC) messaged me to play one morning with two members from BG, because on that day he couldn't play. I asked him why not just cancel his tee time slot and he told me that if he cancel his tee time the slot for BG members would also be cancelled, so had to swap me into his slot to keep them there. I asked him if he knew these guys and he just met them couple days ago playing together at SC. They asked my buddy if he can book some time for them and play together, because they couldn't get the times in the morning. I guess some preferred morning times are blocked off to non-home members.

Also, if getting SC times are hard, getting time at CC will be more difficult. Plus Bond Head's mandatory carts there so every time you play there is $20+ extra not worth it regularly plus the drive.
                      Combo of a twilight membership and public golf with friends. I basically play and practice every day.

I was told that home course restrictions were Wed, Thurs, Fri, from Noon to 3.30 pm and Saturday, Sunday, Holidays, Open til Noon. Other than that, anyone can book anywhere as long as times were available. I don't know how factual that is?

I was also told that I could simply show up as a single at the pro shop and it's easy to get on with the next group of 2 or 3; again, not sure how factual that is. The Sales rep said you can even call the pro shop to ask them how full the tee sheet is or if there was a tournament going on. He said that if you go to the course and there is space, they have to let you on, they can't deny you. Is this true?
                      Last edited by ping1-a; Feb 9, 2020, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
                        BG is not worth it. I love being at CL but as others said join a Gold Course. If youre going to join a silver go join Cherry Downs.

Yes u get access to gold courses but CL is getting busier and busier. You essentially get forced into your home course unless you have buddies at other courses.

I also feel like CL has made it slightly harder to get times a lvl up as last summer i swear it was much more difficult to find times at Plat courses and im a gold at NP.
                        On the fee sheet I got, it shows Cherry Downs at a Gold course, dues were basically the same as Station Creek. Has it been downgraded to Silver now?

Comment

Cherry downs still gold on their website

Comment

Whoops.i thought it was a silver guess its a gold. Great course.

As for home course restrictions each course sets their own. CL does not set them. I know at NP this year we are tightening them up due to complaints from membership. Last year a lot of courses tightened them up.

Comment

Originally posted by ping1-a View Post

Combo of a twilight membership and public golf with friends. I basically play and practice every day.

I was told that home course restrictions were Wed, Thurs, Fri, from Noon to 3.30 pm and Saturday, Sunday, Holidays, Open til Noon. Other than that, anyone can book anywhere as long as times were available. I don't know how factual that is?

I was also told that I could simply show up as a single at the pro shop and it's easy to get on with the next group of 2 or 3; again, not sure how factual that is. The Sales rep said you can even call the pro shop to ask them how full the tee sheet is or if there was a tournament going on. He said that if you go to the course and there is space, they have to let you on, they can't deny you. Is this true?
                              As long as you are only going up a level up they can't deny you if you go to club directly. If you want to take chances and just show up, a lot of members cancel or no show last minute so as a single you won't have tooooo much problem getting on. On the mean time you can always use range and practice area.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X