Collapse

Sun City Florida Courses

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun City Florida Courses

Heading to Lakeland in a few weeks to visit family and of course, play a **** ton of golf. As a CL member, I was looking at the three Sun City courses - Renaissance, Scepter, and Sandpiper.

Anyone here ever play those courses? How are they? Any of them not worth the time?

Thanks guys.

Bump?

Comment

Played Renaissance in November - great track, especially for $25 as a CL member! I didn't play the other two, but the starter told me one was not worth playing - I think Scepter...
      What's In The Bag?
      Titleist 909 D3 Diamana Red X Stiff
      Titleist 910 F2
      Mizuno MP63 4-PW S300
      Vokey 50*
      Vokey 56*
      Vokey 62*
      Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5
      Pro-V1

Comment

Renaissance is in good shape. It isn’t a rocky crest but it’s a decent golf course. Scepter is also in good shape, it doesn’t have the big clubhouse etc that Renaissance has but it may be a better golf course. Sandpiper is in better condition than past years , but I haven’t played it yet. It would be my third choice and since I think they all cost the same I would take the other two first. If you want a driving range before golf you can go to sandpiper before renaissance.

Comment

Played Renaissance twice in late December, conditions were solid, layout is pretty good with good variety in terms of lengths and shapes. Definitely worth a play at the CL member rate. Played with a member there who said he liked Scepter just as much, for what its worth.
          Titleist 915D2 10.5*
          Yonex E-Zone XP 18*
          Titleist 915H 21*
          Titleist AP1 714 4-6
          Titleist AP2 714 7-PW
          Vokey 50* 56* 62*
          Scotty Cameron A.O.P. Newport
          Bridgestone E6

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse