Collapse

Loyalty Dollars

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loyalty Dollars

Hi there - just curious if this was known widely, as I only found out recently.

With the Loyalty dollars earned by members, only 50% can be used towards a new membership/upgrade now. Prior to Nov 2020, everyone else was able to use 100%. Going forward, you may only pay 50% of the fee with Loyalty - rest in cash.
    What's In The Bag?
    Titleist 909 D3 Diamana Red X Stiff
    Titleist 910 F2
    Mizuno MP63 4-PW S300
    Vokey 50*
    Vokey 56*
    Vokey 62*
    Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5
    Pro-V1

Kinda dumb. They should have just halfed the amount we get then.

Comment

This now has much less of an impact on CL's financials. When Loyalty Dollars was created, it was done to encourage you to move up a level (higher annuals), and also to bring in family members - new membership fees. CL was existing on annuals with little new membership. Not a sustainable profit model.
      Well, the pandemic sure changed that pattern. Now most upper level clubs are waiting list only and most also are restricting play by non-full members. I always thought this was a stupid program as only a very small percentage of CL member would ever use their dollars to their advantage. And by not giving other options to use this built-up "money", CL is not providing value to most of us.
      No good deed goes unpunished.
      A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

I think while this is not great news for the membership (for example, I was biding the years to move up until my Loyalty $ were more significant), it is a reflection of the times. This pandemic has created far more interest in golf than people would have imagined a year ago. However as the pandemic enters into the "repair" phase as soon as the vaccines are more readily available, businesses have already started to weigh in on the concept of remote work and the real productivity gains/losses that come from that form of work. Some companies NEED their employees to get to the office. Others maybe less so. However let's say the work sentiment lands somewhere in the middle where some people work from home and some are back in the office (with some spending days in the week doing both). The point is that what drove people to the courses was their flex time to work/play. This on the average is going to come down meaning less time for golf. And on the concept of remote work, if it works well for the company, how likely will that company that embraces remote work extend beyond our borders to areas where the wage costs are dramatically lower (mid-west, maritime, Mexico, India for example). So now we may face more unemployment - more free time to golf but no money to pay for annual dues.

Generally, I think it would be too short-sighted to adapt membership policy to take advantage of this transient demand for golf and look a little more medium term to figure out where golf is really headed. I don't think it is as rosy as some people think it will be.
        What's in my ClicGear-3.5 or Turf Chopper cart?

TM SIM2 Max Driver, 10.5 R shaft
        TM R5 3FW w/Nunchuk shaft
        TM Rescue Mid 3, 4, 5 w/E-21
        Eagle One shafts
        PXG Gen 1 0311 6 - PW w/E-21 Eagle One shafts
        '09 Vokey SM 52, 56, 60
        Scotty Cameron Studio Select 2.0 Putter
        Pro-V1x

Home Course at CL Glendale - Hamilton

Comment

Anyone want to sell their dollars contact me thru dm

Comment