Collapse

Joining clublink

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining clublink

Hey CL golfers, I was a member of Summit, enjoyed the experience but got bored playing the same course, I am considering joining CL National Pines as my home course. Wondered: as a single player, how difficult is it to get tee times both at non home clubs and a home club? I don't mind that CL are like semi private clubs, I only care about having access to about 10 good courses per year and playing some competitive golf. And it seems like a great deal if you have 20 years to pay off the initiation fee. And are the rounds about the same as public golf, roughly 4:15 hours. Thanks.

Many variables.

Prime time (upto 11AM weekends), Home club shouldn't be a problem. Non-Home clubs, should be ok after 11, especially as a single.
    I am typically a single golfer, and golf afternoon. Never had a problem.. Is it as easy as you walk in and have a tee time open for you? No.

Comment

I mostly play as single, No problem to book but it won't give you single tee time (except home course)when they open new tee times for 5 days later, usually 1 or 2 days before. Most of rounds are under 4 hours and today, I finished just over 3 hours.

Comment

My games are rarely over 4 hours. Last weekend both games were 3.5 hours each.

Comment

Originally posted by swingeasyguy View Post
          Hey CL golfers, I was a member of Summit, enjoyed the experience but got bored playing the same course, I am considering joining CL National Pines as my home course. Wondered: as a single player, how difficult is it to get tee times both at non home clubs and a home club? I don't mind that CL are like semi private clubs, I only care about having access to about 10 good courses per year and playing some competitive golf. And it seems like a great deal if you have 20 years to pay off the initiation fee. And are the rounds about the same as public golf, roughly 4:15 hours. Thanks.
          Curious why you left summit - was it the dreaded tee access and lottery issue ? National Pines is a nice course but it’s not in the league of Summit

Comment

Originally posted by newgolfer99 View Post

Curious why you left summit - was it the dreaded tee access and lottery issue ? National Pines is a nice course but it’s not in the league of Summit
            But not curious enuff to read the first sentence in his original post

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

But not curious enuff to read the first sentence in his original post
              Yes I see that. But that’s every private club and usually the private club course is so good that people would rather play that then other inferior courses even if they are the same course. Nothing CL has is as good as Summit and in as central a location.

Comment

Oh boy excited for this one again

Comment

Yes I see that. But that’s every private club and usually the private club course is so good that people would rather play that then other inferior courses even if they are the same course. Nothing CL has is as good as Summit and in as central a location.
                  Really? There are about 5,000+++ CL members that would disagree with you.
                  No good deed goes unpunished.
                  A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Thanks for the responses everyone! Summit is a great course, mostly because of the beautiful property. Awesome members. I play over 80 rounds during the summer, including Sundays when I play with my buddies on public courses (who are too cheap to join a club...you know who you are!). I've played about 75% of all Ontario courses and just love variety. Every CL course I've played have holes that are better than Summit's, which have a few 'boring' holes. Summit has about 3 reciprocal courses I've played but I can't say I love any of them. If Summit had 8 strong reciprocals I'd still be a member. Simple as that. But many people are fine playing 5 days a week at the same track for 25 years. Not me. Glad to know many of you can play in under 4 hours, which wasn't my experience at Bond Head.

Comment

Thanks for the responses everyone! Summit is a great course, mostly because of the beautiful property. Awesome members. I play over 80 rounds during the summer, including Sundays when I play with my buddies on public courses (who are too cheap to join a club...you know who you are!). I've played about 75% of all Ontario courses and just love variety. Every CL course I've played have holes that are better than Summit's, which have a few 'boring' holes. Summit has about 3 reciprocal courses I've played but I can't say I love any of them. If Summit had 8 strong reciprocals I'd still be a member. Simple as that. But many people are fine playing 5 days a week at the same track for 25 years. Not me. Glad to know many of you can play in under 4 hours, which wasn't my experience at Bond Head.
                      Bond Head is one of CubLink's public/daily fee courses, so the pace of play will usually be slower

Comment

Originally posted by duceram View Post
                        I mostly play as single, No problem to book but it won't give you single tee time (except home course)when they open new tee times for 5 days later, usually 1 or 2 days before. Most of rounds are under 4 hours and today, I finished just over 3 hours.
                        That's correct. Typically, I get around it by either booking as 2 and modifying the reservation, or just calling into the Linkline, or the appropriate proshop. Never had issues..

Comment

I must agree with you, as much as I like CB I need some variety, when I was with CL I loved playing different tracks tracks every week but I just don’t want to drive all over the place anymore.

We have enough variety with our reciprocals that it does satisfy me and when I want a little more I will go to a few buddies clubs or just play a few public track’s .
                          Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
                          Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
                          Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
                          Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
                          Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
                          Pro V1x Left Dash
                          Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
                          Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

Hannah don't tell me you're getting too old to drive around! Yes CB is a great course I might have joined if I lived closer. I'm OK driving about 30 minutes to a regular course, unless I get an invitation to Augusta National, I'd walk there!

Comment

So I'm not sure where you're located. I'd assume near Summit as you said you didn't want to travel. In which case I wouldn't recommend NP. It's an excellent course (I'm a member at NP) but from what you're describing you may be better off joining
                              King Valley
                              EMERALH HILLS
                              Wyndance.

All 3 of those do a very good job at protecting home club member times and have that more private club feel.

Now if you're near NP I'd recommend it all day. Problem with NP at times isn't so much access. It's pretty easy to get on during week especially in the morning. But because NP is always included on the Players Club passes we get a lot of people who come play mid week in the afternoon and bog up the course.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X