Collapse

Tee time unavailability

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tee time unavailability

It is impossible to get a morning tee time now. Several days now I try to book at 7 a.m. and I get twilight tee times. I am a SC member. I sometimes get a late morning tee time on the North course but never on South or any other Central courses.

I assume others are having same issue. How can they be all booked so fast?

My thinking is there are too many members, some members having special standing tee times, system is locking out tee times, etc.

​​​​​​Any thoughts?

It's just a stupid booking system. People that logon right at 7am get all of the spots. Often, people will book a foursome and then find people to fill the spots. What happens over the next few days is that people will start to cancel or reduce the number of golfers if they can't find enough people or their friend has booked another foursome. Just call back every day to check availability.

I play as a single for most of my rounds and am not picky about where I'm playing on most days, so I've had no problems finding a tee time one to two days before the day. FWIW, I've played 14 rounds since labour day, and played 12 different courses over that time.
    Ping G425 Max 9*, Accra TZ6 55 M3
    TM Sim 2 Ti 13.5*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
    TM Sim 2 Max 18*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
    Ping G425 3h, Tensei Orange R
    TM P790 5-GW, Modus 105 R
    Cleveland CBX 56*, wedge flex
    Cleveland CBX Zipcore 60*, wedge flex
    LAB Mezz, Accra
    Current hcp ~ 14

Comment

Jeesh, I guess that's both pros and cons of CL. You get to play all these different courses but it's very hard to play at a consistent time.

Comment

From friends who are CL members, Most courses have a large group that gets online and books tee times and they pass this on to a n organizer who fills the spots with people from that group. It's almost always the same bunch out every weekend in the first 3 hours.

courses have unprecedented demand for tee times which dictates that sheets everywhere are full. It's same at private as it is public tracks....great for courses, not so much for thos looking to play.
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by dlem View Post
          It is impossible to get a morning tee time now. Several days now I try to book at 7 a.m. and I get twilight tee times. I am a SC member. I sometimes get a late morning tee time on the North course but never on South or any other Central courses.

I assume others are having same issue. How can they be all booked so fast?

My thinking is there are too many members, some members having special standing tee times, system is locking out tee times, etc.

​​​​​​Any thoughts?
          I think this has been an issue at CL forever. Many/most private clubs run lotteries on the weekend. Not sure why CL doesn't do something similar to make things a bit more equitable.

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

I think this has been an issue at CL forever. Many/most private clubs run lotteries on the weekend. Not sure why CL doesn't do something similar to make things a bit more equitable.
            Lottery is the most fair way to handle matters. It won't likely ever happen at CL until they make tee times only for home club members at least until say 10 am weekdays and 11 am weekends. As it stands now the members of the home club take matters into their own hands as above to guarantee themselves prime, home club tee times on weekend mornings. This will not change IMO.

CL doesn't really care , they have the member's money and from what I hear have have a long list of folks wanting to join.....when people leave they are quickly replaced.

Any change needs to be reconciled on an individual per club basis with the Club Captain and committee and the course director. As above, clubs have found a way to make times a priority for some at least.
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Prestige Level course members get 7 day access to book at any course they want. I suspect that if they can't get a preferred time at their home course in time that they then look elsewhere with a 2 day head start. Don't know how much this happens each weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Petedv View Post
                Prestige Level course members get 7 day access to book at any course they want. I suspect that if they can't get a preferred time at their home course in time that they then look elsewhere with a 2 day head start. Don't know how much this happens each weekend.
                Thats not true.. All CL members get 5 day booking and what Prestige members get is earlier access to booking system at 6:30, which gets them access to mostly their home course or other courses after prime time (noon).

Reg OP's problem: typically all courses reserve spots for their own members for prime time. Ask in the proshop as to how your club arranges it. Some courses you can reserve withn the proshop

Comment

Originally posted by annalu View Post
                  Thats not true.. All CL members get 5 day booking and what Prestige members get is earlier access to booking system at 6:30, which gets them access to mostly their home course or other courses after prime time (noon).
                  Thanks for correcting.

Comment

Originally posted by annalu View Post

Reg OP's problem: typically all courses reserve spots for their own members for prime time. Ask in the proshop as to how your club arranges it. Some courses you can reserve withn the proshop
                    Prestige members get access 5 days in advance to a few prime morning times set aside for them at all courses.

Comment

It's a war to get morning tee times. It's forcing me to wake up before 7am!
                      In the SM C-130 cart bag:
                      Driver:
                      TM Aeroburner 9.5* Grafalloy Blackbird Stiff
                      Fairway Metals:
                      TM R9 15* 3W Stock
                      TM R9 19* 5W Stock
                      Hybrid:
                      TM Aeroburner 4H
                      Irons:
                      TM R9 5-GW
                      Wedge(s):
                      CG 588 56|08
                      CG 588 60|12
                      Putter - Odyssey 2Ball
                      Balls - NXT Tour

Comment

Originally posted by ice1124 View Post
                        I agree... it remains to be seen how long this sudden popularity of golf lasts. I suspect next year would be easier as other things open up...

Comment

Hopefully they move to split tee's for weekends soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ice1124 View Post
                            If you are a member of Clublink you will be waking up early to get morning times both now and in the future. It’s no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Petedv View Post
                              Hopefully they move to split tee's for weekends soon.
                              Pete, I don’t see it happening. Too difficult to manage with the limitations on staff.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X