TXG Custom Cobra King Ltd. 5-wood 18*, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
    TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
    T. Made R7 CGB Max 4-iron, REAX 55S
    TXG Custom Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 6-pw, 1* up, Recoil E460 R + 1/2"
    TXG Custom Mizuno T20, 50/06, 60/06, Nippon 950H Neo
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw, 56*, Tour Issue DG S400
    TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, Garsen non-taper grip

Comment

I believe Goodwood is north of $300. Although I think they have packages.

Comment

Greystone guest rate info. Regular rate plus cart and plus tax = $210

I don't recall the rates 2 years ago but they were still up there as expected for clubs at their 'Prestige' level

REGULAR $160.00
        OPPORTUNITY $125.00
        TWILIGHT/ 9-HOLE $95.00
        JUNIOR $70.00
        CART $26.00
        TWILIGHT CART $17.50

Comment

What private club has cheap guest fee’s??
          Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
          Callaway XR Hybrids, 4,5,6 / Accra I-Series
          Miura TC-201 6 - PW Project X - LZ
          Miura Tour Wedge / 52*- 56*- 60*/ Project X- LZ
          Putter / PXG Closer
          Pro V1x Left Dash
          Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel XV Cart Bag / White
          Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

Originally posted by hannah View Post
            The answer is none.

In reality, guests are source of pure income for a course that get written off for tax purposes somewhere down the line by the member.

Comment

Originally posted by hannah View Post
              Many in the US, UK and Australia- not many in Canada.

Comment

If you want cheaper golf rates and cheaper guest fees, move to Montreal. Look at what some less than spectacular public courses are charging in the GTA.
                Many times you're not paying for the golf course. You're paying for the value of the real estate.
                No good deed goes unpunished.
                A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post

Many in the US, UK and Australia- not many in Canada.
                  Yeah, guest fees overseas are crazy good. If you play with a member some places charge pennies on the dollar vs. what unaccompanied play is like.

Even top clubs in the US are much more reasonable than what Canadian clubs charge. I played Essex County Country Club for $140 USD in the middle of the summer on a weekend. Although I did have to take a caddie which added to the cost, but also added to the experience that not many clubs here offer.

Bethpage Black $150 USD for non-residents. I know it is not private but I will guarantee you Bethpage is significantly nicer than most Canadian courses.
                  Rogue ST Max LS - Accra TZ5
                  Mizuno ST200 3 - Fujikura Ventus Red 7S
                  Titleist 818 H2 19 - Atoms Blue TS
                  Taylormade P7MC - Project X IO 6.0
                  SM9 50.12, 54.10, 60.10
                  Evnroll ER2B

Comment

Originally posted by ShanksMcDuck View Post

Yeah, guest fees overseas are crazy good. If you play with a member some places charge pennies on the dollar vs. what unaccompanied play is like.

Even top clubs in the US are much more reasonable than what Canadian clubs charge. I played Essex County Country Club for $140 USD in the middle of the summer on a weekend. Although I did have to take a caddie which added to the cost, but also added to the experience that not many clubs here offer.

Bethpage Black $150 USD for non-residents. I know it is not private but I will guarantee you Bethpage is significantly nicer than most Canadian courses.
                    Yeah, but some of the premium public courses in the States are definitely very expensive. Pebble Beach, Whistling Straits, Bandon, Streamsong, Pinehurst 2, Shadow Creek, Spyglass, Sawgrass, etc. Especially when you factor in the exchange rate. I have played a bunch and they take a big bite out of your wallet. Especially when you are not a guest at the course resort.
                    No good deed goes unpunished.
                    A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

As a member at greystone I would prefer our guest rates to be higher to be honest. I don’t want the course filled up with guests

I want to play 3:30 min rounds, a cheaper guest fee would encourage guests.. not really the idea of “private golf”

the idea of an expensive guest fee is to keep the course open for the members, this is why the national has bumped up to 400$

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post

Yeah, but some of the premium public courses in the States are definitely very expensive. Pebble Beach, Whistling Straits, Bandon, Streamsong, Pinehurst 2, Shadow Creek, Spyglass, Sawgrass, etc. Especially when you factor in the exchange rate. I have played a bunch and they take a big bite out of your wallet. Especially when you are not a guest at the course resort.
                        Playing public top 100 courses is definitely an expensive endeavour. Not much different here - we only have two top 100 publics and their green fees are also on the pricey side of things..

https://cabotcapebreton.com/golf-rates

Comment

Originally posted by Geeve1008 View Post
                          As a member at greystone I would prefer our guest rates to be higher to be honest. I don’t want the course filled up with guests

I want to play 3:30 min rounds, a cheaper guest fee would encourage guests.. not really the idea of “private golf”

the idea of an expensive guest fee is to keep the course open for the members, this is why the national has bumped up to 400$

As a shareholder of clublink, I’d like them to set the guest fees at a level that maximizes revenue. I’m not sure if that is higher or lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Geeve1008 View Post

It is not guests filling up your course, members bring guests which is good for the club, your course gets filled by other Clublink members regularily playing up a level or those playing up two on home course outside tournament day.

an expensive guest fee brings revenue to the club, policies on how many times a guest may play protects the tee sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Goalpost View Post

It is not guests filling up your course, members bring guests which is good for the club, your course gets filled by other Clublink members regularily playing up a level or those playing up two on home course outside tournament day.

an expensive guest fee brings revenue to the club, policies on how many times a guest may play protects the tee sheet.
                              I agree and also for clublink it’s people holding tee times only to no show or cancel last minute.

Heard Rosedale limits same guest to max 5 rounds a season and they have 3.5 hr rounds
                              Last edited by Toughpar3; Sep 20, 2022, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X