/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

DOES CLUBLINK HAVE TO BUY MORE COURSES IN THE GTA?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Petedv View Post

I was curious so checked Station Creek Club Roster and it lists almost 1,300 Members for 2023 !!!

The list includes family members as well, so for my family, there are 4 of us listed in the roster even though my family only plays during twilight. I don't know how many of the 1300 are family, but given there's no cost to register family and they play for free at twilight, it's a no brainer to sign them up.
    Ping G425 Max 9*, Accra TZ6 55 M3
    TM Sim 2 Ti 13.5*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
    TM Sim 2 Max 18*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
    Ping G425 3h, Tensei Orange R
    TM P790 5-GW, Modus 105 R
    Cleveland CBX 56*, wedge flex
    Cleveland CBX Zipcore 60*, wedge flex
    LAB Mezz, Accra
    Current hcp ~ 14

Comment

Originally posted by SW20 MR2 View Post

The list includes family members as well, so for my family, there are 4 of us listed in the roster even though my family only plays during twilight. I don't know how many of the 1300 are family, but given there's no cost to register family and they play for free at twilight, it's a no brainer to sign them up.
      Ok ... even if we go high and say that could comprise 200 that's still 1,100 Principal SC Members.
      The highest I can ever recall was in the 800 range.

I guess will find out soon enough

Comment

To me they had their chance. They could have bought Watsons Glen which is on the same road as Cherry and didn’t. They could have probably put a legit offer into Royal Ashburn and got that too. They have no desire in my opinion to expand to more courses in the east end of the GTA. They would have done so by now if they did.

Comment

Originally posted by PHump View Post
          To me they had their chance. They could have bought Watsons Glen which is on the same road as Cherry and didn’t. They could have probably put a legit offer into Royal Ashburn and got that too. They have no desire in my opinion to expand to more courses in the east end of the GTA. They would have done so by now if they did.
          yea it makes no sense that they’re just closing and not buying. There’s gotta be something there. Curious to see how members fair this year

Comment

Was Royal Ashburn sold?

Watsons went to ConDrain so not sure CL would want to get into a bidding war there.

Comment

Clublink has to stop overselling their memberships same thing the fitness centers were notorious for doing.
              and letting the members scramble for a T- time or machine time.

Rai Sahi is a Honeybadger, he don't care.
              https://golfincmagazine.com/content/...t-acquisition/
              this is an old article but he hasn't changed his business model.

things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                Clublink has to stop overselling their memberships same thing the fitness centers were notorious for doing.
                and letting the members scramble for a T- time or machine time.

Rai Sahi is a Honeybadger, he don't care.
                https://golfincmagazine.com/content/...t-acquisition/
                this is an old article but he hasn't changed his business model.
                BINGO !
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Watson's is part of the Copper Creek group which owned by developers. Due to it's proximity to the 407, I can't see it operating as a golf course much longer.

Comment

With all due respect to golfers in the east side of the GTA, it is and has always been obvious that CL is not going to be expanding east of the GTA. Cherry Downs is the one and only and it is not changing. There are already many options in CL Gold and public play....and most of the SC Gold is used to play Diamondback, Emerald, King's Riding and Wyndance.
                    And the need was not in the east - it was in the central part (to deal with the closure of the Country Club / Board of Trade), with their overabundance of CL members, along with a potential closure in the future of Rattlesnake - developers. So, potentially 1500-2500 golfers with no CL home. Or, some very, very busy courses trying to keep up with over-demand.
                    No good deed goes unpunished.
                    A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                      With all due respect to golfers in the east side of the GTA, it is and has always been obvious that CL is not going to be expanding east of the GTA. Cherry Downs is the one and only and it is not changing. There are already many options in CL Gold and public play....and most of the SC Gold is used to play Diamondback, Emerald, King's Riding and Wyndance.
                      And the need was not in the east - it was in the central part (to deal with the closure of the Country Club / Board of Trade), with their overabundance of CL members, along with a potential closure in the future of Rattlesnake - developers. So, potentially 1500-2500 golfers with no CL home. Or, some very, very busy courses trying to keep up with over-demand.
                      Don't forget Bond Head was lost ( 2 courses)

There have also been rumours that National Pines will also be leaving the CL stable, not sure how true they are.
                      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Don't forget Bond Head was lost ( 2 courses)

There have also been rumours that National Pines will also be leaving the CL stable, not sure how true they are.
                        May miss National Pines - great track and always well looked after. A CL destination course.
                        But most definitely will not miss Bond Head - CL should never have gotten involved there. Public Golf with too often questionable conditions. And CL lied when they got involved with Bond Head - many CL golfers that were members of Gold level courses joined or transferred to Bond Head because the rumors were that it would go Platinum - never happened. Thankfully.
                        No good deed goes unpunished.
                        A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Originally posted by wrigley View Post

Watson's is part of the Copper Creek group which owned by developers. Due to it's proximity to the 407, I can't see it operating as a golf course much longer.
                          For sure this. All the land around it is going to be developed within a few years.
                          We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                          Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                          Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                          Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                          Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                          Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                          Srixon Star XV
                          Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Face it, Clublink is not buying, building or going to come in and operate any additional courses. Every single property they have is a land bank for when it gets sold or developed in part or parcel. That is their business model and track record. The course roster keeps getting smaller and smaller every year either and I don't see any reason why that will change if people keep singing up for what ends up being more often than not an underwhelming and frustrating experience.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X