No announcement yet.
Collapse

Clublink Corner

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAO document posted in another thread has BH opening this weekend. Nothing posted on CL website and nothing showing up on LinkLine.

Anyone have any info?
    TM M1 Tour AD-DI 6S
    TM SLDR 3 wood accra tour z
    Srixon U65 18* Matrix White Tie
    Srixon U45 22* Matrix White Tie
    Apex Pro Combo 5-P UST Recoil 110
    Vokey SM4 50/54/58
    Odyssey Toe-Up #1
    Ball: Round & White Preferably

Home Club; Station Creek

Comment

• Just a quick question for any clublink members. I am thinking about getting a membership this year and wanted to know if you get free driving range access at your home club. Not that its a deal breaker but if it is I'd prefer to pick a club closer to home so I can take advantage of it more

Comment

• Originally posted by KerryBlue View Post
        Just a quick question for any clublink members. I am thinking about getting a membership this year and wanted to know if you get free driving range access at your home club. Not that its a deal breaker but if it is I'd prefer to pick a club closer to home so I can take advantage of it more
        Access to all practice facilities across CL other than Glen Abbey.
        TM M1 Tour AD-DI 6S
        Vokey SM4 50/54/58
        Odyssey Toe-Up #1

Home Club; Station Creek

Comment

• Originally posted by jaybudhwani View Post

Access to all practice facilities across CL other than Glen Abbey.
          Thank you, is there any way to see what clubs have ranges, and what clubs have just short game areas?

Comment

Thank you, is there any way to see what clubs have ranges, and what clubs have just short game areas?
            Someone can correct me. All courses (GTA) have ranges except Bethesda/Rolling hills. But even if you join Bethesda you can go to Station Creek, Emerald, Diamond Back Kings Riding and use their ranges all within 10-15 min.

And as Jay said you can use any course (minus Abbey). As for as my favorites Wyndance, Station Creek, Kings Riding.
            In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
            Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
            Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
            Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
            Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
            Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
            Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
            --------
            Home Course - Clublink

Comment

• Originally posted by chrish8 View Post

Someone can correct me. All courses (GTA) have ranges except Bethesda/Rolling hills. But even if you join Bethesda you can go to Station Creek, Emerald, Diamond Back Kings Riding and use their ranges all within 10-15 min.

And as Jay said you can use any course (minus Abbey). As for as my favorites Wyndance, Station Creek, Kings Riding.
              All solid north/east end ranges. In the west Rattle's is excellent, and west of west HP is pretty good as well.

Some courses like CW have nets in which you can warm up, but no actual range. I can't remember any other than CW at the moment, although I want to say Glendale and Eagle Ridge also do not have a range. Not sure for Bethesda/RH.
              TM M1 Tour AD-DI 6S
              Vokey SM4 50/54/58
              Odyssey Toe-Up #1

Home Club; Station Creek

Comment

• Originally posted by jaybudhwani View Post

All solid north/east end ranges. In the west Rattle's is excellent, and west of west HP is pretty good as well.

Some courses like CW have nets in which you can warm up, but no actual range. I can't remember any other than CW at the moment, although I want to say Glendale and Eagle Ridge also do not have a range. Not sure for Bethesda/RH.

Thanks for the help guys. Would either of you know if The Country Club in Woodbridge has a full range? Its the closest club to me and I'd like to be able to take advantage of the practice facilities included as opposed to say going to Centennial and paying for range use there on top of a CL membership.

Comment

• Correct that Glendale and Eagle Ridge do not have ranges. Glendale has a short game area. Eagle Ridge has a couple of nets.

CC has a range. It is also one of, if not the busiest course in the GTA. You can see it on Google satellite view. Right of the clubhouse, north of the parking lot.

If you are joining CC be advised that it is scheduled to be developed:
                  Canada is losing another golf facility in a continuing correction of property values. The Country Club, formerly known as the Board of Trade Golf Club, in Woodbridge, Ont., has been sold to a group led by the RGF Real Estate Fund LP, which will develop a portion of the 45-hole facility into homes.

Last edited by Gridiron; Apr 11, 2018, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gridiron View Post
                    Correct that Glendale and Eagle Ridge do not have ranges. Glendale has a short game area. Eagle Ridge has a couple of nets.

CC has a range. It is also one of, if not the busiest course in the GTA. You can see it on Google satellite view. Right of the clubhouse, north of the parking lot.

If you are joining CC be advised that it is scheduled to be developed:
                    Canada is losing another golf facility in a continuing correction of property values. The Country Club, formerly known as the Board of Trade Golf Club, in Woodbridge, Ont., has been sold to a group led by the RGF Real Estate Fund LP, which will develop a portion of the 45-hole facility into homes.

Thank you,

I don't think I would choose it as a home course, but it is the closest to me with a practice facility. For home course I was thinking Glencarin or Blue springs.

Comment

• Several GC members on the board including myself. A few BS as well. Both are great courses with good memberships. I don't think you can go wrong choosing either of those.

Comment

• To echo Gridiron - GC and BS are great tracks and have fun memberships. GC has a better range though - more what you would want to practice on. GC is more walkable, while BS has a few holes that require a Sherpa guide between them. But also walkable. Great Men's Night (actually day as we start just after 2:00PM) at GC with almost 150+ playing weekly.
                        No good deed goes unpunished.
                        A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. Would either of you know if The Country Club in Woodbridge has a full range? Its the closest club to me and I'd like to be able to take advantage of the practice facilities included as opposed to say going to Centennial and paying for range use there on top of a CL membership.
                          Yes country club has a full range. As per the above the only course in central GTA cluster that does not have a full range is Bethesda Grange .

In the Bag

--------
                          Home Course - Clublink

Comment

• Google Maps Satellites will show you exactly what each club has. Great way to see the layout of any course.
                            Titleist 915D2 10.5*
                            Yonex E-Zone XP 18*
                            Titleist 915H 21*
                            Titleist AP1 714 4-6
                            Titleist AP2 714 7-PW
                            Vokey 50* 56* 62*
                            Scotty Cameron A.O.P. Newport
                            Bridgestone E6

Comment

• Looking into joining either King Valley or King's Riding as 30 year old. Wondering if anyone has any input as to which club has a stronger intermediate membership? Looking to meet some members who also have to balance playing around the wife and toddler's schedules as well as members of all ages.

Also I enjoy the 19th hole after a round of golf so any input on the social scene would be helpful as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by L4W442 View Post
                                Looking into joining either King Valley or King's Riding as 30 year old. Wondering if anyone has any input as to which club has a stronger intermediate membership? Looking to meet some members who also have to balance playing around the wife and toddler's schedules as well as members of all ages.

Also I enjoy the 19th hole after a round of golf so any input on the social scene would be helpful as well.
                                If I did not love DB (and also only 10-15min from home) KR would be my next choice. You should reach out to Whitewalker who is a member there (also great guy) to give you the input you are looking for.

Picking between KR and KV , I would still go with KR, I like KV but not a huge fan. KV is a nicer course and facility setup but I am not sure about the membership. From the times I played it the membership did not seem as inviting as KR. I.E a few times I played it felt as if members were wondering what we were doing there and not Prestige members.

Both have great food, IMO KV has the nicer patio view enjoying a soda or 4, KR has a better atmosphere on the patio and inside the clubhouse.
                                Last edited by chrish8; Apr 12, 2018, 03:43 PM.
                                In the Bag

--------
                                Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...