/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Cut the shaft by 1", how much waight to add to the head for original swing weight ?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut the shaft by 1", how much waight to add to the head for original swing weight ?

Hi All
    I'm just wondering, if someone could answer my question:
    If I cut 1" of my driver, how much weight I have to add to the club head to bring it to its original swing weight ?
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Cheers.

Re: Cut the shaft by 1", how much waight to add to the head for original swing weight

12g will get you very close
    Regards
    Dan

True Length Technology TM
    Awarded 'Best New Fitting Idea - 2007 AGCP'
    True Frequency Technology TM
    - Developer / Owner

Maltby Clubmaking Academy
    - Master
    Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA)
    - Advanced / Professional
    Professional Clubmakers Society (PCS)
    - Class 'A'

Comment

Re: Cut the shaft by 1", how much waight to add to the head for original swing weight

Originally posted by danscustomgolfshop View Post
      12g will get you very close
      Excellent - thank you so much.

So, in my case, it's a TM R7 Quad, I can take one of the very light weights (2g IIANM), and replace it with a 14g weight. Correct ?

Again your input is very much appreciated.

Play well and cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
        Excellent - thank you so much.

So, in my case, it's a TM R7 Quad, I can take one of the very light weights (2g IIANM), and replace it with a 14g weight. Correct ?

Again your input is very much appreciated.

Play well and cheers.
        Correct
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

the next question is which one of the 4 ports is best to put it in, or what is the optimum portweight distribution in a Quad R7.
          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
            the next question is which one of the 4 ports is best to put it in, or what is the optimum portweight distribution in a Quad R7.
            Aaahhh, this is an excellent question
            Especially now, that I will have 3 heavy weights and one light. My tendency is to draw the ball, so, in an effort to straighten my shots, my first experiment will be to put 2 heavy ones towards the toe, one heavy weight in the heel, and the light weight in the centre-heel.
            If anybody is interested, I can report my results.
            Thanks again, and cheers

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
              Aaahhh, this is an excellent question
              Especially now, that I will have 3 heavy weights and one light. My tendency is to draw the ball, so, in an effort to straighten my shots, my first experiment will be to put 2 heavy ones towards the toe, one heavy weight in the heel, and the light weight in the centre-heel.
              If anybody is interested, I can report my results.
              Thanks again, and cheers
              The ball draw may now be improved with the shortening of the club as the toe is now not going to sit as high as it was. Many don't feel this is a factor but it still does play a role and my goal is always have the club built correctly so when a correct swing is executed - you are at target.

Please let us know - and your weight position theory s correct. If still needed put the 2g at the heel.
              Regards
              Dan

True Length Technology TM
              Awarded 'Best New Fitting Idea - 2007 AGCP'
              True Frequency Technology TM
              - Developer / Owner

Maltby Clubmaking Academy
              - Master
              Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA)
              - Advanced / Professional
              Professional Clubmakers Society (PCS)
              - Class 'A'

Comment

Originally posted by danscustomgolfshop View Post
                The ball draw may now be improved with the shortening of the club as the toe is now not going to sit as high as it was.
                This is an excellent point - thank you very much for making me aware of this aspect of the driver.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X