/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Overwhelmed with options - Where to start?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overwhelmed with options - Where to start?

Thanks for providing the technical info Dan, meant to say I assumed you'd pop in and post that stuff.

Just hearing you say that I'm only the second person you've fitted with a 40" WTF emphasizes how badly I needed to be fitted, and not just a regular fitting, but certainly a fitting that looked at the bigger picture.

Comment

WTF- wrist to floor

so everybody knows.
      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by danscustomgolfshop View Post
        Shane, it was my pleasure to meet with you.

FYI to those following the thread. Shane is 6'4" but has a 40" WTF (so shorter arms on a tall frame). This is only the second player I have built for with the 40" WTF. To those that understand the TLT build Series - after the fitting we elected to go with a Series 13. As we worked our way up from a Series 10, it was instantaneous when I put the series 13 in his hands. The 7 iron fit perfect, just like the wedge did.

So now we have him standing athletic - for every club - or at least we will have after the retrofit.

Did a full True Frequency Technology sort of the raw shafts and now have a very stable set of shafts. Went with graphite to keep the total weight from getting out of hand., but are plenty stiff enough to help with the added length.
        Dan, If I already have a set of clubs that were fitted for me, non TLT, would we have to buy all new shafts if I was to get fit the TLT way? Or, can my Accra iSeries graphite shafts still be used?

Comment

Originally posted by synergy300 View Post
          Dan, If I already have a set of clubs that were fitted for me, non TLT, would we have to buy all new shafts if I was to get fit the TLT way? Or, can my Accra iSeries graphite shafts still be used?
          I do retrofits all the time with great success. You are already playing a first rate shaft (I play the same - only the Tour model), and I will have no problem getting you into a great TLT fitting. We changed Shane's shafts as steel in a Series 13 is going to get quite heavy due to the amount of length differential he required.

Pretty much always - is the quality of the heads - can they be bent? This will make the procedure very straight forward.

I would love to help you so make an appointment if you decide to get your sticks TLT'd. It will make a difference as a TLT fitting is unlike the others. I will get you standing athletic - and keep you there for every club.
          Regards
          Dan

True Length Technology TM
          Awarded 'Best New Fitting Idea - 2007 AGCP'
          True Frequency Technology TM
          - Developer / Owner

Maltby Clubmaking Academy
          - Master
          Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA)
          - Advanced / Professional
          Professional Clubmakers Society (PCS)
          - Class 'A'

Comment

I do retrofits all the time with great success. You are already playing a first rate shaft (I play the same - only the Tour model), and I will have no problem getting you into a great TLT fitting. We changed Shane's shafts as steel in a Series 13 is going to get quite heavy due to the amount of length differential he required.

Pretty much always - is the quality of the heads - can they be bent? This will make the procedure very straight forward.

I would love to help you so make an appointment if you decide to get your sticks TLT'd. It will make a difference as a TLT fitting is unlike the others. I will get you standing athletic - and keep you there for every club.
            Thanks for responding, Dan. Apologies to Shane for hijacking this thread. If my favourite club is the 8 iron and I play irons 6-PW, would you be ordering me new shafts to extend the 9 and PW? And then cutting down the 6 and 7 to 8iron length? Or would you put an extension into the 9 and PW, and how would that change the feel?

Comment

No worries. Hijack away! If someone else gets info here all the better.

Comment

Originally posted by synergy300 View Post
                Thanks for responding, Dan. Apologies to Shane for hijacking this thread. If my favourite club is the 8 iron and I play irons 6-PW, would you be ordering me new shafts to extend the 9 and PW? And then cutting down the 6 and 7 to 8iron length? Or would you put an extension into the 9 and PW, and how would that change the feel?
                We may not need to replace the shafts but rather use extensions to lengthen. Choice would be yours. Correcting clubs involves length and lie as the primary corrections. After corrections you will find that you are able to pure the ball more due to your new found athletic address. Something your set currently doesn,t allow with every club.
                Appointment required
                Regards
                Dan

- Developer / Owner

- Master
                - Class 'A'

Comment

We may not need to replace the shafts but rather use extensions to lengthen. Choice would be yours. Correcting clubs involves length and lie as the primary corrections. After corrections you will find that you are able to pure the ball more due to your new found athletic address. Something your set currently doesn,t allow with every club.
                  Appointment required
                  Thanks, Dan. I'll call you sometime.

Comment

When I took up golf a few years ago I lurked on kijiji and bought a few sets of irons, a few shafts for my driver head (TM Supertri) and a few hybrids in both stiff, regular and senior flex. I've learned that certain things seems to work and make golf enjoyable and other pieces of equipment make golf a chore. Now that I sort of know this I am going to a TM MATT fitting to see that what I thought I knew was correct or whether I was completely out to lunch.
                    Last edited by Latvian; Mar 16, 2016, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Got my clubs back this evening at was hitting a few balls after at the Metro Dome on my way home.

Beautiful set of clubs when I picked them up, and at the dome I got a great first impression of the wedges and those felt perfect. Just not that fond of the dome because it's near impossible to get any real feedback since I can be such a high ball hitter. Think I was just overly exhausted from a long day as well.

Still a little bit of a learning curve to break out of my old habits and get into familiar territory with the new clubs and the lengths. Think I was overthinking my stance and address, being home and going over things I am feeling perfect with them.

Comment

I always tell my players that it will take 5 rounds to become familiar enough with your now corrected address position.

Shane, you were so bent over for your entire golfing career, that it will take a bit of time to learn your new address. You went from near a 50 degree spine tilt, to now near 30* and the flex in your knees is no longer a squat. You are now athletic.

Take your time and just let the swing happen naturally, all the while focus on standing tall (not too tall) and just pay attention to great contact. Don't be over swinging as you will find new added height and distance - and with TLT - accuracy.
                        Regards
                        Dan

- Developer / Owner

- Master
                        - Class 'A'

Comment

I always tell my players that it will take 5 rounds to become familiar enough with your now corrected address position.

Shane, you were so bent over for your entire golfing career, that it will take a bit of time to learn your new address. You went from near a 50 degree spine tilt, to now near 30* and the flex in your knees is no longer a squat. You are now athletic.

Take your time and just let the swing happen naturally, all the while focus on standing tall (not too tall) and just pay attention to great contact. Don't be over swinging as you will find new added height and distance - and with TLT - accuracy.
                          Yeah, rewatching old swing videos and I was almost starting to squat with so much bend in my knees. That is gone thank goodness.

I'll definitely be hitting Launch in Woodbridge asap to keep practicing and getting use to what feels like starting all over again in a great way.

I keep going back to the clubs just to hold them and stand and address. Feeling great!

Comment

I thought you mentioned your clubs would put the player into the proper hitting position everytime?

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post
                              I thought you mentioned your clubs would put the player into the proper hitting position everytime?
                              They do. What Shane is talking about is his set before we reshafted them. Now that he is TLT,d he has to spend time getting himself athletic and forgetting all his habits that the ill fit clubs forced him to play from - a squat position.
                              Regards
                              Dan

- Developer / Owner

- Master
                              - Class 'A'

Comment

They do. What Shane is talking about is his set before we reshafted them. Now that he is TLT,d he has to spend time getting himself athletic and forgetting all his habits that the ill fit clubs forced him to play from - a squat position.
                                Yup. I meant watching videos of my old swing with my previous clubs.

When I got home from Metro Dome last night and rested a bit and really got back into holding the clubs and seeing myself again in the mirror it was incredibly natural, having the proper bend angle, arms hanging where they should, my legs much straighter than ever before. Just terrific. All I'm thinking about at work now is getting back home and holding them.
                                Last edited by GolfAddictShane; Mar 17, 2016, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X