• Show
Clear All

Re: Modern Golf vs Golf Town fitting - my thoughts

And where is he located??

Comment

[QUOTE=rgk5;1620144]
      Originally posted by bl8d View Post

Back from Denmark. His Dad rgk5 is quite decent too.
      no slight on you intended.
      PCR's extensive and meticulous posts with regard to fittings are also well respected on this forum
      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by frankat View Post
        And where is he located??
        Both of us are in Hamilton. Chris 12.5 years, me in my 15th year.
        In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
        Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
        TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
        TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
        PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
        TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
        Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
        TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
          Both of us are in Hamilton. Chris 12.5 years, me in my 15th year.

Didn't Chris retire from GT to pursue other dreams?

Comment

Originally posted by Tintin View Post
            Didn't Chris retire from GT to pursue other dreams?
            He was admitted to a PHD program in Denmark which turned out to be far different than he was expecting. Now he is back awaiting acceptance to McMaster or U of T and in the interim, back part-time at GT.

He was always part-time there, just like moi.
            In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
            Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
            TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
            TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
            PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
            TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
            Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
            TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Seeker View Post
              You want to get a proper fitting go to MG there they use Trackman not a sim. You want someone whose job is just club fitting go to MG. Your results emailed to you. MG proper fitting at GT for a Ball Park Fitting.
              I'd beg to differ but ultimately it is your opinion and up to you. Yes, I am back from Denmark. If you feel like making the drive out to Hamilton for a fitting I'd love to have you. PM me and we can figure something out.

Sorry I'm on mobile and I don't think I can multi quote on here so I can't highlight the person who was wondering where I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Seeker View Post
                You want to get a proper fitting go to MG there they use Trackman not a sim.
                I was under the assumption all GTs had upgraded to GC2s? The GC2 has been widely accepted into the industry and is a bit more than a 'sim'.

My only issue with GT is that they quite often have the cheapest, most beat up golf balls they can afford to use in the hitting bays. I understand for the guy just having a 30 minute practice session they don't want to write off boxes of $60 ProVs but hopefully for a fitting they use something half decent?

WhiZ
                Current Bag (Clicgear B32 black bag on ClicGear 3.5)
                Driver: Epic Sub-Zero 10.5 w/ Rogue 85g X-stiff
                3W: XHot 15 with Diamana White 83 X-stiff
                5W: XHot 19 with Diamana Blue 83 X-Stiff OR
                Titleist 18 degree 712U C-Taper X +1/2"
                4i: Srixon Z545 TT Pro X100 2up +1/2"
                5i-PW: Srixon Z745 TT Pro X100 2up +1/2"
                Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy2 50, 54, 58
                Putter: TM 34" Spider Jason Day Pro model
                Grips: NDMC plus4 midsize +2 under left, +4 under right

Comment

Originally posted by WhiZ View Post
                  My only issue with GT is that they quite often have the cheapest, most beat up golf balls they can afford to use in the hitting bays. I understand for the guy just having a 30 minute practice session they don't want to write off boxes of $60 ProVs but hopefully for a fitting they use something half decent?

WhiZ
                  Take a half dozen/dozen of your own balls. GT doesn't mind.
                  - Vessel Cart Bag
                  - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver
                  - Callaway UW 17° & 21°
                  - Callaway Apex TCB irons (5-AW)
                  - Callaway Full Toe 54 & 58 wedges
                  - Toulon Chicago putter

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy3864 View Post
                    +1
                    I've done this several times.

Comment

I was under the assumption all GTs had upgraded to GC2s? The GC2 has been widely accepted into the industry and is a bit more than a 'sim'.

WhiZ
                      They use premium balls for fittings. At least the Kitchener store does, from my experience.
                      10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
                      16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
                      20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
                      4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
                      Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

WhiZ
                        We do use the GC2, and the Hamilton store is upgrading a couple of our units to be outfitted with the HMT camera to do fittings more effectively. We are also trying desperately (as in our GM is lobbeying the OEMs) to send us more of the free "upgrade" stock shafts so we can get better options that might fit those niche players more easily without having to be like "sorry we only have that in a 10.5 reg, we can always order it though".

And yes, bring your own balls if you feel like it. We try to use at worst an HX Bite or something similar. There are some ProV1/V1x balls in there but they get pocketed so fast it's scary how cheap some people can be.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy3864 View Post
                          Exactly. Whether it's a premium one or not you'd want to test with the ball you actually game.

Comment

Had a fitting at gt with a callaway rep for the epic, he braught his own trackman which was amazing; scary how off the gt monitors are tho the numbers were not even close looking at them side by side; even the shot shape was different golftown should have one trackman bay only used for paid fittings. After seeing how bad the numbers were in comparison to a real trackman I wouldn't take golftowns sims numbers seroius at all. Those sims are good for feel of the club that's about it.

They were off sometimes by more then 15 yards and the direction would show a hook on the gt monitors and dead straight on trackman, some dead straight shots on the monitor would be fades on trackman

No need for the gt guys to tell me I'm wrong, I seen it side by side with a trackman both were recording the same shots; something I bet most people haven't had the chance to see live

Comment

Originally posted by Geeve1008 View Post
                              Had a fitting at gt with a callaway rep for the epic, he braught his own trackman which was amazing; scary how off the gt monitors are tho the numbers were not even close looking at them side by side; even the shot shape was different golftown should have one trackman bay only used for paid fittings. After seeing how bad the numbers were in comparison to a real trackman I wouldn't take golftowns sims numbers seroius at all. Those sims are good for feel of the club that's about it.

They were off sometimes by more then 15 yards and the direction would show a hook on the gt monitors and dead straight on trackman, some dead straight shots on the monitor would be fades on trackman

No need for the gt guys to tell me I'm wrong, I seen it side by side with a trackman both were recording the same shots; something I bet most people haven't had the chance to see live
                              I'm going to have to chime in here. When it comes to indoor use, Trackman isn't even close to the GC2 when it comes to the accuracy. Trackman is a radar that tracks the ball, with GT's limited space, there is no chance Trackman can accurately give you proper ball flight. You are absolutely right when you saw 2 different ball flights. I've seen that myself with GC2 vs Trackman/Flightscope. There's no way any fitters/coaches should trust Trackman indoors, especially with limited space such as Golftown.

I could expand on this topic more if you guys would like. But I don't want to derail this thread.

Hope this helps =)
                              Larrycheunggolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by LarryCheung View Post
                                I'm going to have to chime in here. When it comes to indoor use, Trackman isn't even close to the GC2 when it comes to the accuracy. Trackman is a radar that tracks the ball, with GT's limited space, there is no chance Trackman can accurately give you proper ball flight. You are absolutely right when you saw 2 different ball flights. I've seen that myself with GC2 vs Trackman/Flightscope. There's no way any fitters/coaches should trust Trackman indoors, especially with limited space such as Golftown.

I could expand on this topic more if you guys would like. But I don't want to derail this thread.

Hope this helps =)
                                So, since modern golf is an indoor facility, you're saying that their fittings are inaccurate??

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X