Collapse

Golf vs. Baseball vs. Hockey swings ?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcgsxr View Post

I have no thoughts of squaring the club or trying to source power from any part of it. I have resigned myself to a simple, bring the club back, swing it through and don't try to kill it approach. When I practice 1 handed, it is with my right hand on the club with wedges etc - so I think you're correct that I am sourcing some of the power from that preferred arm, but most of it comes from starting the downswing with the hip turn. I am not a big hitter, I hit a 9 iron (oh boy here we go) about 150 yards - that's some old Ping Eye2+ irons so its likely a modern W?
    I don't consciously use my right hand in my swing, I think more of a left wrist bowed at impact, particularly when chipping (which is a strength of my game)

Interestingly, when I chip one-handed for practice I am rubbish with my left hand and hit really solid shots with my right only, almost as good as my two hand chipping. In fact, I think the contact is better but distance control is lacking.

I occasionally try the right hand feeling with full shots and at the range it seems fine for a while but I haven't committed to it over a long haul.

Maybe try it this year for the beginning of the season.

Comment

Like a few others, hockey, shot left, baseball, switch but mainly left, two hand backhand in tennis but golf right. Twenty years ago getting fitted for clubs hit both ways and pro said make a choice . Naturally right handed so went right. I think dad made me go right as a youngster as he was a righty

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
      X