Collapse

FST Shafts

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FST Shafts

The FST and KBS shafts are built to the highest tolerances of any steel shaft

I have a friend who does MOI matching for golf sets and the tolerances shaft to shaft are unbeleivable

I play FST pro 115 softstepped stiff in my Maltby MMB heads and have the tips cut 7/16 between clubs and have the butts cut 3/8 netween clubs the results are amazing I get beautiuful high ballflight that stops on a dime in the green!

They have incredible feel to them as well

Golfworks sells them $11 a shaft!

The 125 is a little lower trajectory shaft

vewry smooth though
    Whats in my OGIO OZONE Bag???
    Maltby Tricept PFT 10.5* UST SST Stiff
    Maltby KE4 15* 3 wood MPF SST Stiff
    Adams Pro Gold 20* w/KBS Hybrid
    Maltby MMB muscleback 3-PW .370 KBS Tour
    Maltby tricept 54 * 60* wedge KBS Tour
    PING craz-e g2i and a g5i (depends on day)

SRIXON Z-Star

Comment

Originally posted by aabbccdd View Post
      The FST and KBS shafts are built to the highest tolerances of any steel shaft

I have a friend who does MOI matching for golf sets and the tolerances shaft to shaft are unbeleivable

I play FST pro 115 softstepped stiff in my Maltby MMB heads and have the tips cut 7/16 between clubs and have the butts cut 3/8 netween clubs the results are amazing I get beautiuful high ballflight that stops on a dime in the green!

They have incredible feel to them as well

Golfworks sells them $11 a shaft!

The 125 is a little lower trajectory shaft

vewry smooth though
      Great to hear the success that you and your friend have had with FST shafts. FST shafts are designed by Kim Braly as well as the KBS shafts but the FST has a more traditional step pattern.
      glad you like them.

Comment

Thanks guys for your input.
        I get the feeling that the fst is a great shaft for the money. I might give it a try in the future.

Comment

FST 125 cpm?

Does anyone know the cpm of the FST 125?

Thanks!

Comment

Re: FST 125 cpm?

Originally posted by rhh7 View Post
            Does anyone know the cpm of the FST 125?

Thanks!
            i believe you have to have a fitter do it to get the proper CPM
            they come in 2 models A/R and S/X. i had played some at 314CPM which felt good. lots of kick
            Rip it and Sip it

Comment

Re: FST 125 cpm?

Originally Posted by hogannut
              I think they are decent shafts. Made by Precision, and from what I understand is essentially a stepped version of Project. I would also look at Nippon shafts......really like they way they perform.

FYI - KBS are not made by Precision!(Royal Precision was bought by True Temper a few years ago, KBS has nothing to do with True Temper) and they are not even close to being a "stepped version of a PX"..... totally different profile!
              This is the danger of forums!

Comment

I have emailed FST requesting the butt frequency of the raw FST 125 shaft.

If they will not do that, I asked them to at least tell me how many cpm's difference between their S-Flex and X-Flex.

Comment

Originally posted by rhh7 View Post
                  I have emailed FST requesting the butt frequency of the raw FST 125 shaft.

If they will not do that, I asked them to at least tell me how many cpm's difference between their S-Flex and X-Flex.
                  rhh7,
                  The FST 125 is a S/X combo, 43" blank... The frequency of the blank is irrelevant as you can customize the tipping to hit almost any "finished" frequency between S and X.
                  But if you know the head weights, grip weights, length and swing weight you want to achieve, I could let you know frequency of a finished club.
                  My suggestion is to go and see a club fitter and discuss what you are tying to achieve. PM me if you have any questions.
                  g

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X