Collapse

Calerin Golf Club

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calerin Golf Club

We played Calerin today (teed off at 9:00 a.m.) quite pleasant at that time but come 11:00 a.m. you sure felt the humidity and heat. Good decision to ride today as I endured heat stroke once already this season while walking in same conditions. Some slow play but it was not hard to find shade to cool things down while we waited.

The course was in great condition, nice fairways and greens. The tee boxes were cut and all older divots were filled with mix, small things but it shows greens staff do care. They were watering down some greens, due to the heat, I guess. We did compliment them on the great condition of the course. It is easier to maintain 9 holes instead of 18 but the course is designed (Doug Carrick) so that there are 2 sets of tees on each hole, gives golfers a different view and yardages for each hole. Definately a hidden gem and all that for just $20 (18 holes) Thursdays Special.

Re: Calerin Golf Club

gotta get back there, I loved it so much, I brought my Dad, he can't wait to get back!!
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

we hold a little work tourney there most years and all who play love the course and the customer service. Last year we played on the hottest day of the year and man was it hot down in the back valley holes.

We also had a great meal afterwards there. Our tourney is next week I think

Comment

Good Deal:

...only 'til Jul 31 (anytime M-F, after 1pm on weekends)
        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Want to take advantage of this deal tomorrow?
          TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
          TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
          TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
          Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
          Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
          100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Has anyone been, recently? Can anyone comment on conditions, etc?

And how would this course compare to Humber Valley/Tam O Shanter (City of TO courses) or say a course like Mill Run (in Uxbridge)/Maples of Ballantrae? Any input would be greatly appreciated; thx!!

Comment

Played there couple of times this season, last time late July. Very good condition with medium fast greens. The latter should be quicker as summer progresses with rough and fescue in full bloom. Course (9-holes) is well designed with some elevation changes to make those holes more interesting. A hidden gem for sure. Plans for another 9 holes are on the table but no schedule yet. Can get slow at times due to fitting groups in with just 9 holes but once under way, play is usually steady. Try it, you'll like it.

Comment

Played today: course is in such good shape. took my dad, his first time, he was impressed.

greens were fast and subtle, great value for money.

first nine was slow, picked up the last nine.

walk 18 in just a shade under 4 hours.

Comment

Played here recently for the first time, on a Saturday morning, and overall was very impressed with this hidden gem. Terrific layout. Greens were a bit slow and heavy but I realize we are in very challenging weather just now. Staff very friendly and the price is crazy low ($48 for prime time weekend? And yes, that is for 18 holes). Only complaint would be that after speeding around our first nine hole loop in under two hours as the first or second group off, we ran into a wall of slow play on the second loop. At one point I counted six groups on two adjacent par 4s (green, fairway and tee on each hole). Kind of frustrating to crawl around in 2:30 or more after such an enjoyable first nine. But apart from that, all was good and I recommend it (if there is anyone on here who doesn't know all about it already).

Comment

I've heard its among the better 9's in the country

Comment

I’d only ever do 9 here with an early morning tee off. My mental health cannot endure the unpredictable merge of people playing 18 or starting their 9 within my 18.

Buddy of mine routinely tells the Calerin story of his friend chunking a shot on #2 to the 11th tee deck (also hole #2 if you loop again) and then jarring it for the most painful birdie ever.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X