Collapse

Peninsula lakes

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peninsula lakes

Anyone played it recently? Looking to maybe get out and play it in a few weeks, just looking for opinions on conditions - especially compared to other courses in the area. The layout is nice for sure but conditions weren't top notch last time I played it.
    http://www.galagolfclub.co.uk

Re: Peninsula lakes

I have played it a lot last year and this. Conditions are excellent. Even today with the drenching that we got yesterday it was still good. A couple of bunkers had water in them but other than that it was draining well. Last year when we had extremely dry conditions in the area it was still very good.
    Aim at nothing and you will hit it every time.

Comment

We played there last Sunday -Quarry/Hillside

Course was in excellent condition. Green rolled true.

Comment

played there monday. conditions were very nice.
        Pxg Gen 4. Project X hzrdus

Srixon 3 Hybrid

Srixon 4 Hybrid

Mizuno Mp H4 4-PW

Mizuno S18 Gap Wedge 51​

Mizuno S 22 56 wedge

Odyssey Ten Tour Lined Broomstick

Comment

Heard a rumour they went into receivership a couple weeks ago. No clue as to it's truth. Anyone also hear something?
          I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Thought they are owned by the same group that owns Copper Creek.

Comment

Originally posted by golfnutjob View Post
              Thought they are owned by the same group that owns Copper Creek.
              The emails I get are advertising a special including both clubs. Not sure I want to believe the rumour but figured I would pass it by the group.
              I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawker View Post
                Heard a rumour they went into receivership a couple weeks ago. No clue as to it's truth. Anyone also hear something?
                Nothing has been said at the club about this.

Comment

Originally posted by davepratt
                  I'm selling it so no truth to that rumour.
                  Are they selling pen lakes Dave?

Perhaps you can get me on for a round when I'm across next year...? Lol

Comment

here you go
                    Brampton

Comment

Originally posted by davepratt
                      Yes it's for sale at $6M. Just bring me the cash when you arrive and it's yours.
                      I seem to remember you selling sparrow lakes when I was over maybe 4/5 years ago. Am I right in thinking it was going at $13 mill or am I just talking out my a$$?

Was just thinking if it had went for that, then 6 mil is a steal for Pen Lakes.

If they could extend the course a bit, yardage wise, it could be a big time course as the set up is great and the views are spectacular.

Comment

Not sure the upside in selling but its not my concern. Only reason I was inquiring is I heard nothing bug good, actually it seems in the top 3-5 in the niagara region and was hoping it would be around to be played.

Comment

I think Pen lakes is likely the busiest course in the Niagara area. They manage it extremely well. There's a ton of tournaments, and I think they get alot of revenue out of that. Can't imagine them being in any kind of trouble financially. I've heard it's for sale, but that's not necessarily in indication of problems.
                          Bridgestone J715 10.5
                          Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5
                          Adams Super LS 17d.
                          Mizuno JPX-850 forged 4-PW
                          Scratch 8620 53d.
                          Callaway X-forged 58d.
                          Odyssey White Hot Tour #2
                          Srixon Q-star tour

Comment

Got out on a sweet GN hot deal. The course was very empty. I think there was about 10 golfers including my in the 2 hours it took me to play 18. Pretty cold today but the hill seemed to curb a chunk of the wind so it wasn't that bad, but yeah, it was cold. Condition was pretty darn good. Greens were punched a month or two ago and while their are still visible holes in the greens they were relatively fast and I encountered no noticeable bumps in my putts. Pretty happy I went but need to get back when the weather is much better. The layout is above average. Not overly awesome but far from boring. Seemed to play a bit shorter then the card but most of my shots were in the fairway which helps expedite things a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawker View Post
                              . Seemed to play a bit shorter then the card but most of my shots were in the fairway which helps expedite things a bit.
                              What holes did you think played short? I know of 8 that play longer than the yardage because of the elevation increase.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X