Collapse

Osprey Valley

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Benz View Post

Many of the new bunkers appear to be identical in shape (a simple horseshoe), which I find a little odd and lacking imagination, especially when they're replacing existing bunkers.
    That was my reaction too.

I didn't go through all of the pics yet, but watching the video about #6 it just struck me - "all the new bunkers are the same, what's up with that??".

Adding a new bunker short right is fine, I watched the pros hitting it there when KFT was playing it - but why not keep a variety of shapes? In the background, I think those must be the bunkers short of the green on #4 and they look identical and I just don't get it. What was wrong with the bigger irregular bunker shown below?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 7.33.41 AM.png
Views:	221
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	3708521
    Click image for larger version

Name:	384182483_1291380614889485_7614243918897079268_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_e35_p720x720&efg=eyJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6ImltYWdlX3VybGdlbi4xNDQweDE4MDAuc2RyIn0&_nc_ht=instagram.fyto1-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=YRX2m3FAYUoAX9VURnD&edm=ABmJApABAA
Views:	221
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	3708522
    "Confusion" will be my epitaph
    ...Iggy

Comment

• There are some great pictures. The place will be first rate - if it wasn't already - although I'm sure the prices will reflect that too.

Comment

• A fellow (prior) member told me that the bunker upgrades are more technical than aesthetic. There is a new system that involves some type of mat underneath the sand to help it hold to the steep walls and reduce maintenance required to push the sand back up. Obviously there are some strategic implications for the pros of new bunker placement as well.

Edit - No idea if this is what they are using...just found it googling
        Bunkermat is a 3D matting, made in Australia using high quality polypropylene fibres that are UV resistant and colourfast. Call 1300 60 60 20.

What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
        TM Rescue 17*
        TM M2 4-AW
        TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
        Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse