Collapse

Litibu Punta Mita- Help!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Litibu Punta Mita- Help!

Hopefully someone can give me some recent insight into Litibu, in Punta Mita Mexico... I did a search but it came back a couple years old and mostly spoke of other courses in the area.

My fiancé and I are getting married this November at the Iberostar Playa Mita, which happens to be attached to Litibu Golf Course. We are told its $89 USD per round, which I guess is to be expected down there. They have a package if we prepay 12 rounds we can get it down to $60 USD, which shouldn't be hard as we have a few golfers coming with us, not to mention we are there for 14 days.

My question to you, has anyone played there recently? if so, what is the course like? Are there better deals to be had if we wait to book until we are there?

We likely won't venture outside of the resort, as it's kind of an important week with friends and family. So here is hoping the course is worth the money!

Any information at all would be helpful!

Thanks!
    M1 8.5* Aldila Rouge
    Titleist 915 15* Speeder 757
    M1 18* Speeder 757
    Titleist AP2
    Vokey TVD 50, 54, 58
    Newport 2
    PROV1X

Re: Litibu Punta Mita- Help!

Firstly, I just wanted to say that part of mexico is one of my favourite places on earth! It's beautiful with a very friendly local feel. My parents live in that area and I have visited many many times. If you end up having a chance to leave the resort, check out the beach at Destiladeras (maybe a 10 min. drive).

Most importantly, regarding the golf... I played Litibu a few years ago, and it was a nice course. Definitely was fun, a good layout but didn't really wow me... the design seemed a bit forced, but maybe I'm being picky. Definitely was fun and perfect for a fun round of golf. In terms of condition, I don't have any current updates but I would guess it might be a bit hit or miss. $60 USD seems reasonable but in complete honesty, I would definitely be hesitant to pre-pay for anything there. What I have realized over the years is that that organization and management practices are much different in Mexico and is quite unreliable, it took 3 months for a service tech to fix the internet and cable at my parent's place (yet every day, they said a guy was scheduled for tomorrow). Even if all is well when you show up, it wouldn't surprise me if they litrally lost the paperwork. There is so much to love about the area but even the government is very slow and disorganized, despite very positive efforts.

Closer to your trip, maybe you can confirm that they can honour that price but maybe plan an alternative just in case.... my favourite course not too far away is Flamingos Golf http://flamingosgolf.com.mx/ . I would say a 30ish min drive, but a fun course and <edited> agree not a high end track, but always found it to be good value and knew what to expect - maybe I got lucky with conditions. At the time I played it, around 2 years ago, it was on Golf Now for quite cheap. Maybe see if you can speak with a concierge at the resort and see if they can book something at Litibu?
    Last edited by zach1234; Jun 19, 2016, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Agreed on not prepaying. The Hardrock tried to pull the bait-and-switch on us with included rounds at Vista Vallarta for rounds at Flamingo. I fought tooth and nail until they fixed it but it was a huge hassle.

Disagree on Flamingo. I (and most reviews) would call it a mid/lower tier course in the area. Can't help with Litibu.
      What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
      TM Rescue 17*
      TM M2 4-AW
      TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
      Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Quick search brought this up....

Riviera Nayarit, sol y playa, beach, sun, sand, arena, Mexico, México, vacation, vacaciones, lujo, luxurious, gastronomy, gastronomía, delfines, ballenas, dolphins, whales, adventure, aventura, romance, golf

Litibu Golf Course in Riviera Nayarit sits hidden in plain sight virtually unknown to American golfers in one of Mexico's premier golf destinations. What a shame. Fact is, this stunning Greg Norman course provides similar ocean views and conditioning as the two highly regarded Jack Nicklaus courses at nearby Punta Mita, but at a more affordable price.

Travel Video Discover Litibu Golf Course, Riviera Nayarit, Mexico Video by PromovisionPV.com Video Photo promovision@hotmail.comcorporate video photo product...

Litibu Golf Course, Punta de Mita: See 158 reviews, articles, and 65 photos of Litibu Golf Course, ranked No.7 on Tripadvisor among 7 attractions in Punta de Mita.

Was in Cancun December 2014 and a golf course was next door and ran on the course. Conditions were okay at best and very brown and faded out. Now I did not bring clubs nor planned on playing, but the course was deserted and that is what I expect from most resort courses, i.e. never over crowded and while probably a little over-priced probably too can make a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post
          Agreed on not prepaying. The Hardrock tried to pull the bait-and-switch on us with included rounds at Vista Vallarta for rounds at Flamingo. I fought tooth and nail until they fixed it but it was a huge hassle.

Disagree on Flamingo. I (and most reviews) would call it a mid/lower tier course in the area. Can't help with Litibu.
          You're correct, I should have mentioned Flamingos is mid tier but maybe I got lucky with conditions when we played it... at the time it was in quite good condition, played nice and there were good deals available - around 475 pesos which I thought was more than worth it. But regarding Litibu, its a nice track and maybe closer to the date you can follow up about the conditions and rates available. I'd think they would be open to a group rate.
          Last edited by zach1234; Jun 19, 2016, 01:07 PM.

Comment

I have played the course once in late December of 2011 and twice in late December of 2013. Having played it a second time after the first trip should be an indication that I thought it was "worth it", whatever that means.

I found it to be a good layout, and each time that I have played it, it was in good to very good condition. For each round, I made the trek out to Litibu from Nuevo Vallarta. On one occasion, the person at the check-in counter offered by a replay rate of $40, which I would have jumped at had I had the time to spare. Maybe, staying at the resort, you might be able to take advantage of a replay rate.

My buddy who I currently golf with the most played Litibu three times during a one week stay in early March of this year and he enjoyed it. He was also staying at the resort right next to Litibu.

I think at $89 it is good value, and at $60, it is great value. Especially when one considers in Puerto Vallarta itself, the Vista Vallarta courses are $200+ each and the elTigre course is also almost $200, Litibu's prices are great.

I agree with others, do not enter into a prepaid arrangement.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the reviews/advice. We've decided against pre-paying, we will take our chances we can negotiate while we are there.
              M1 8.5* Aldila Rouge
              Titleist 915 15* Speeder 757
              M1 18* Speeder 757
              Titleist AP2
              Vokey TVD 50, 54, 58
              Newport 2
              PROV1X

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard