Collapse

Cabot Caddies

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sharkhark View Post
    Hi heading there this weekend. Links on Saturday and cliffs Sunday. Took a class b Caddy the first visit to Links.
    even though they say they just carry they gave just as much info as class a.
    I'm wondering this time around anyone played the cliffs are caddies necessary? I'm booked but want to confirm if worthwhile. Also whether the a vs b is Any difference. They on website now state that class b does no help other than carry your bag which to me makes no sense as if that's all they do a push Cart would suffice. Any recent visits and info?
    I would say you need one more on cliffs than links. Links only has one hole I recall with a blind approach and is pretty straightforward and fairly flat. Cliffs has a few blinds shots and a caddie definitely comes in handy and is quite a bit hillier than Links. As for the difference, I am not sure though I would imagine a B caddie would at least give you an idea of where to hit it and what lies ahead. I had an A caddie and he was great and knew exactly what the lines were, etc. for the blind shots.

For the record I gave my caddie $100
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Just got back from the east coast......and had a very memorable round at Cabot Cliffs! ...the #1 rated course in Canada for a great reason, no boring holes, everything was spectacular! Especially, since my great caddie - James (I heard from others that he is the best and I concur) helped me out immensely- and I aced the par 4, 17th hole !!!! With my Hybrid #3, at 239 yards!!!

Life just don't get any better!!!! Albatross!!!! ....and got to join the Cabot Hall of Fame, Hole in One Club! Nice presentation from the golf pro in the lounge area overlooking #18 and the first tee box, with flag presentation and a hat commemorating #1!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanColt View Post
        Just got back from the east coast......and had a very memorable round at Cabot Cliffs! ...the #1 rated course in Canada for a great reason, no boring holes, everything was spectacular! Especially, since my great caddie - James (I heard from others that he is the best and I concur) helped me out immensely- and I aced the par 4, 17th hole !!!! With my Hybrid #3, at 239 yards!!!

Life just don't get any better!!!! Albatross!!!! ....and got to join the Cabot Hall of Fame, Hole in One Club! Nice presentation from the golf pro in the lounge area overlooking #18 and the first tee box, with flag presentation and a hat commemorating #1!!!
        Thats awesome!
        congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by CanColt View Post

Heck of a hole to ace when you can't even see the fairway, let alone the green from the tee box.
          MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

I’m playing tomorrow so looking forward to the day, playing both courses and most likely won’t even keep a score card in my pocket, looking forward to just taking everything in , I took a B class caddie as I don’t want to push a cart or carry my clubs, 👍😁😁
            Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
            Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
            Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
            Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
            Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
            Pro V1x Left Dash
            Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
            Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

Thanks for the replies & opinions. I'll letlet u know how my second visit goes (first time on cliffs this time)
              PING CAMO BAG...
              WEAPONS...
              SRIXON ZX5 10.5
              3W TM M2
              HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic
              5-aw Callaway Epic Forged

SW TM Milled Grind 56
              LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

PUTTER Rotation TM Spider Tour, Scotty np2 ,
              3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

Sounds like a great experience! Anyone that has played it and Pebble....is the experience pretty comparable?

Comment

I played the links Saturday in sunshine. We took a group caddie Bruce who ran around giving advice to all 3 of us. Whenever I didn't quite take his read I was wrong lol so listen. Remembered several holes from 5 years ago but forgot some and the course had matured.

The Sunday cliffs round was cloudy, then drizzle then back 9 in downpour.
                  My caddie didn't want to use rain cover or the very large towel I brought to cover clubs. This was odd I asked twice then gave up and my clubs and bag got soaked.
                  The cliffs is very easy if you keep it in play and can handle long carries over hazards. There's a ton of blind shots. The views are average on inland holes but back is awesome.

One thing I didn't like we booked caddies months ago and confirmed days ahead but we were 3 with an older guy who couldn't barely walk or hear. He didn't take a caddie and pushed.
                  My 2 friends with me didn't get a caddie each as booked they got a guy with 2 bags to carry who tried to run to each but with them often on opposite sides of the fairway had to wait along time. He hustled but only so fast you can go.
                  My caddie started walking over repeatedly to the old guy who didn't have a caddie to give advice and yardages. At times holding me up. I'm paying for a caddie and had it been once or twice ok but the whole round? Thankfully the old guy quit early.
                  I still paid my guy the 70 plus 40 tip for a total of $110 but it was a mixed experience.
                  He hustled fast but I myself wanted dry clubs not what he preferred (said he wanted quick access to clubs) .... I'm sorry don't they cover them on TV in the rain?
                  He also focused too much on the areas not to go to too much. I'm down to a 6 HDCP I'm a good golfer and he knew that. I don't need to hear "don't go right it's dead" 3 times...
                  Don't go right! Don't go right! Don't go right !

Lol if I tell u don't look at that water on the left 3 times your getting wet.
                  I did have several holes though where I wouldn't have aimed ever. One hole big hill on the par 4 in front of green but he aimed me left at the walkway to the next hole not the flag. Hit as told and watched it funnel to the right on green and walking up right by the flag.

I shot 85 on Saturday at Links and 84 at cliffs do not exactly stellar shooting compared to my HDCP but your also finding it hard to concentrate with the views.

Now that I discovered golfbuddy mapped it GPS (I didn't know until I got back previously they didn't allow mapping to promote caddies program).

Next time no caddies.
                  PING CAMO BAG...
                  WEAPONS...
                  SRIXON ZX5 10.5
                  3W TM M2
                  HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic
                  5-aw Callaway Epic Forged

SW TM Milled Grind 56
                  LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

PUTTER Rotation TM Spider Tour, Scotty np2 ,
                  3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

I just returned from out east on Sunday evening, I must say it was a fabulous trip, 4900 kms and I would do it all over again in a heart beat, we saw so much.

I played the Links in the morning and the Cliffs in the afternoon, I had a B caddie and he was wonderful, he had his own range finder also, I didn't do anything, he helped with everything.

Took the yardage, help read putts, gave advise on holes, I must of got lucky as he was a really nice guy and we got along great, the 1st 5 holes was a light rain and at least a 2-3 club wind, shot 85 as it was really tough conditions but then around the 5th hole it turned out great then started to make pars and had a few birds.

The cliffs was great up to the 9th hole and then the shy's opened up, was about a 45 min delay, played really well only had 2 blow up holes , the 18th being one of them as I was tired and pulled my drive over the left bunker and took another double for a 82, could of been 77-78 if it wasn't for the 2 bad holes.

I was glad I took a caddie for the 2 rounds as all I did was take in the sights , I didn't want to get caught up in the score card and miss what the courses had to offer in views, play the tracks a few times and I can see putting a few good scores down.

I gave my caddie $250, the pro shop told me to pay the caddie fee plus $20 - $30 for a tip, he was worth a decent tip. I had a great time and the conditions were certainly not sunny for the day, I had a mix of everything but almost wouldn't be right to have sun all day...
                    Last edited by hannah; Aug 20, 2019, 09:27 AM.
                    Thomas4golf

Ferrules by Bbandfco

Pro V1x Left Dash
                    Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Stewart X9

Comment

I played Cliffs, Links, Cliffs last S/M/T. Had an older woman (60ish) on the Cliffs first day. She was lovely but not a good caddy. Gave me such bad reads on the first few holes that I stopped asking. Found out from the caddy on day 2 that she owned some of the land that the Cliffs were built on so she got a guaranteed job. Shot 89 and was so deflated after a 49 on the front but came back with 40 on the back with 2 birdies. Had an excellent caddy Paul at the Links. He was a golfer and retired high school teacher from St Thomas. He was excellent and worth every penny. He coached me around to a 76 with disappointing bogeys on last 4 holes. Shot 36-40 with 3 birdies on the front including one on a 230 yard par 3. Last day at the Cliffs just hoofed it around without a caddy and shot 84. Only played 3 holes in the rain on day 1 but had some terrific storms while we were not playing. Very, very windy but still not as bad as Ireland. After the day 3 round our party of 8 lounged with beers and barbs on the couches behind 18 overlooking the ocean. Spectacular.

Comment

My wife sat around for a while I finished the Links early afternoon, she also said sitting there was spectacular.

My caddie was telling me that the land the 4-5 villas sit on up on the hill on the back nine of the cliffs that Cabot have been trying to buy forever and the person that owns the property and Villa's told them there is no amount of $$$ in the world that would get them to sell !!!
                        Thomas4golf

Ferrules by Bbandfco

Pro V1x Left Dash
                        Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Stewart X9

Comment

Hi - I'm off to Cabot for some great memories with my golf buddy in June 2022 and thank you for your feedback on the caddies - for me it seems to make sense to get one, to help learn the holes and so we can also enjoy the views and atmosphere and not worry so much about pushing our cart around ! We're also going to play Fox Harbour and Keltic - call us crazy but figured since we're there - lets maximize our time there

Comment

You will have such a great time, a caddie is a pleasure to have, you will walk down the fairway and just take it all in and not worry about pushing a cart or anything, the caddie will have his own Range finder and tell you your best options for the approach shot, I played both tracks the same day and loved every minute of it, congrats and have a wonderful time as you will...
                            Thomas4golf

Ferrules by Bbandfco

Pro V1x Left Dash
                            Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Stewart X9

Comment

Enjoy every moment it’s the best golf experience in Canada by far. One of the best in the world.
                              A caddy is definitely needed on the cliffs for the first time around. The links has less blind shots and you can get around without one just fine. But still worth it for the experience, if so inclined.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginner View Post
                                Hi - I'm off to Cabot for some great memories with my golf buddy in June 2022 and thank you for your feedback on the caddies - for me it seems to make sense to get one, to help learn the holes and so we can also enjoy the views and atmosphere and not worry so much about pushing our cart around ! We're also going to play Fox Harbour and Keltic - call us crazy but figured since we're there - lets maximize our time there
                                Enjoy, I am very jealous!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X