Collapse

Tam O'Shanter

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tam O'Shanter

Think I might try getting there today after this appointment I have at Broadview and Danforth... but I'm sure the traffic will be horrific
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Well, I got there and was very pleasantly surprised.

Certain the nicest clubhouse/pro shop of all the City of Toronto muni's

Course was in great shape, and I really really like the layout.

Greens were a little inconsistent, and the bunkers could use some more sand, but I will definitely play there again

Started at 5:15, and they "closed" at 8:15 (I squeezed in all 18, starting on #10) ---it wasn't that busy (played thru 2 groups....on my first hole, and on my 13th ole)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
        Well, I got there and was very pleasantly surprised.

Certain the nicest clubhouse/pro shop of all the City of Toronto muni's

Course was in great shape, and I really really like the layout.

Greens were a little inconsistent, and the bunkers could use some more sand, but I will definitely play there again

Started at 5:15, and they "closed" at 8:15 (I squeezed in all 18, starting on #10) ---it wasn't that busy (played thru 2 groups....on my first hole, and on my 13th ole)
        I was there Tuesday morning as a walk on single. It was extremely busy and slow, so it really depends on when you were there.

The 3 people I was paired with were advancing the ball about 100 - 130 yards per shot -but I enjoyed their company. I was resigned to a slow day from the outset, so I just settled in and took it in stride. It was just a bit over 5 hours. (By the way...lots of sand in the large bunker on the #14 par 3, enough for 2 shots.)

Just happy to have gotten out on a nice day, but not the way I want to play every day.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
          large bunker on the #14 par 3, enough for 2 shots.)
          ...I hit mine close to the fence, found it, and 4 other balls within 5 feet! That's a fun hole, especially with the back left pin

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X