/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Most over-rated golf course in the Toronto area that you played in 2016.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most over-rated golf course in the Toronto area that you played in 2016.

Totally agree with Kings Bay assessment, great 9 hole track. Played it several times last year. I would much rather play Royal Ashburn than Lakeridge or Watsons. Feel it is worth the extra money as the holes I feel are much more challenging.

Comment

Originally posted by emper View Post
      Totally agree with Kings Bay assessment, great 9 hole track. Played it several times last year. I would much rather play Royal Ashburn than Lakeridge or Watsons. Feel it is worth the extra money as the holes I feel are much more challenging.
      You score well on #14 & 15 at Lakeridge?!
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

I don't score that well on any of those courses lol, overall though I think Royal Ashburn is a nicer tract

Comment

Glen Abbey....

Comment

I was really disappointed with Royal Ontario. Won't be going back. Knaff courses all seem to not be my cup of tee, and very over priced.
            Callaway Blayne Standbag:
            TaylorMade M1 9.5*
            TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
            TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
            TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
            Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
            5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
            Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
            Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
            Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

I'm just thankful to be able to play.
              Osprey is my favourite to play, but it's going to be a long drive once I move to Newmarket.
              I wish SAV charged $50-60 for their regular green fee, I'd play there much more often.

Ballantrae, at its rack rate, is overpriced IMO. I've only played using underpar/golfnow deals.
              In the SM C-130 cart bag:
              Driver:
              TM Aeroburner 9.5* Grafalloy Blackbird Stiff
              Fairway Metals:
              TM R9 15* 3W Stock
              TM R9 19* 5W Stock
              Hybrid:
              TM Aeroburner 4H
              Irons:
              TM R9 5-GW
              Wedge(s):
              CG 588 56|08
              CG 588 60|12
              Putter - Odyssey 2Ball
              Balls - NXT Tour

Comment

Lionhead Masters. Back 9 was horrible. Grossly overrated slope, greens were shaggy. Typical Kaneff course. Suck you in with the decent green fee on Golf Now and then nickel and dime you the rest of the day. They don't even give you range balls on their supposedly top rated course. Also hate mandatory cart courses.
                WHAT SITS ON MY CLIC-GEAR
                Alpha Golf C830.4 SP700 Plasma 10* Platinum 65 gr
                Alpha Golf Version 5 3wd 15* Platinum 65gr
                Alpha Golf C830 19* Platinum 60 gr
                Alpha C2 Fly 4- G/W Platinum 60 gr
                Snake Eyes 675 WB 54* & 58* FST 90 gr
                Heavy Putter A1 33"
                " The secret is in the dirt "....... Ben Hogan

Comment

If Lakeridge Links is overrated at $67 for a weekend GTA course in season, then Royal Ashburn should just close shop because that course is boring and in many spots ridiculous.

I can tolerate Oakridge, although it's never in very good condition every time I play it, but Royal Ashburn is quite literally the worst course in the GTA all considered.

Comment

Originally posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
                    I was really disappointed with Royal Ontario. Won't be going back. Knaff courses all seem to not be my cup of tee, and very over priced.
                    For the most part I agree but had a pleasant experience at Century Pines. In the middle of the summer dry spell it was green as could be.

Comment

Conditions, layout, too difficult... ?

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
                        Royal Woodbine has several very dumb holes and just didn't find it enjoyable, which sucks since I am sitting and overlooking the 18th green from my office.

Royal Ontario was very over priced for how good of a course it was. Was also not in the best condition. Just haven't had a good experience at any Knaff course for one reason or another.
                        TaylorMade M1 9.5*
                        TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
                        Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

...Royal Ontario was very over priced for how good of a course it was. Was also not in the best condition. Just haven't had a good experience at any Knaff course for one reason or another.
                          I found that Kaneff's high end courses in general are overrated. {Side note: if you just look at feedback on here, Kaneff courses are horribly rated; so, they could actually beat expectations simply by letting you finish a round in less than 5 hours and having grass on the greens.} Royal Ontario, for all its name and pricing implies, doesn't fulfill the premium (or midrange +) promise. Several holes are quirky, conditions can be spotty, and worst of all, rounds are SLOW. In that last sentence, you could replace Royal Ontario with Lionhead Legends or Masters and it would be accurate.
                          In the bag:
                          R15 12° PXV 6.0
                          SLDR 15° ATX Blue S
                          Adams Pro 18° ATX, Idea Pro A12 20° NV S
                          Titleist AP2 4-PW Project X 6.0
                          Vokey SM5 54, 58
                          Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

S-L-O-W and overpriced!
                            Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Thanks guys for all your Kaneff comments. I guess, if Golfnow doesn't offer one of them for <$40, they are out for this old, golfing and financially restricted geezer, lol.
                              Cheers !

Comment

Thanks guys for all your Kaneff comments. I guess, if Golfnow doesn't offer one of them for <$40, they are out for this old, golfing and financially restricted geezer, lol.
                                Cheers !
                                Early morning, mid week (no crowds) for $40 I would play Royal Ontario. Royal Woodbine would need to be in the $30 range to get me on their course.
                                TaylorMade M1 9.5*
                                TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
                                Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

Collapse