orlando golf

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: orlando golf

Originally posted by bk51 View Post
    The closest course looks like Shingle Creek. It's a decent course, but your green fee on Friday will be $165 before 2pm, $90 after. Plus rental. You should be able to play till 6.20pm.

You could easily take Uber to some other course. Everything close to you looks really expensive, so take a $20 Uber ride somewhere and pay $100 less, like Hunter's Creek - $60 till 1pm, $32 after (on TeeTimesUSA).
    Good advice, and appreciated thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by funkysi View Post
      Seconded on Bella Collina. Was fairly cheap and the course is great but the clubhouse is something else!
      Incredible clubhouse..nice view from the patio.

Greens were amazing with some diabolical pin placements. Was somewhat underwhelmed by the layout however....a bit of water but it never came into play.

Comment

Anyone ever play Providence GC? The house I'm renting for March break is on the course so I may just play there vs travelling to an area course. Reviews look ok.... dragging the family to the golf hall of fame on the way home!
        Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
        Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
        Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
        Hybrids: Cobra T-Rail 25*
        Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
        Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
        Putter: SGC WB Northwood
        Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

Originally posted by jburns View Post
          Anyone ever play Providence GC? The house I'm renting for March break is on the course so I may just play there vs travelling to an area course. Reviews look ok.... dragging the family to the golf hall of fame on the way home!
          Yes, quite often. I stay a Reunion, but Providence has become my home course. Not quite the same level as some in the tourist area, but it's a decent track. Typical houses on the front nine, but none on the back nine and quite tranquil. It's a good for a warm up round, and actually has a few really fun holes. Short course, so you should score well. Priced perfectly for what it is.

You should still go play some others though. Mystic Dunes is real close, but so are the tourist courses. Staying at Providnece, you're close enough to Haines City so go down and play Southern Dunes. Or even Reunion if it first your budget.
          – Greg

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post
            Yes, quite often. I stay a Reunion, but Providence has become my home course. Not quite the same level as some in the tourist area, but it's a decent track. Typical houses on the front nine, but none on the back nine and quite tranquil. It's a good for a warm up round, and actually has a few really fun holes. Short course, so you should score well. Priced perfectly for what it is.

You should still go play some others though. Mystic Dunes is real close, but so are the tourist courses. Staying at Providnece, you're close enough to Haines City so go down and play Southern Dunes. Or even Reunion if it first your budget.
            It's a family trip for the break... the only way I was able to swing golf was by making it a "birthday present"! I didn't really need anything so I thought it would make the perfect gift! Let me play without getting in trouble!
            Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
            Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
            Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
            Hybrids: Cobra T-Rail 25*
            Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
            Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
            Putter: SGC WB Northwood
            Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

Originally posted by jburns View Post
              It's a family trip for the break... the only way I was able to swing golf was by making it a "birthday present"! I didn't really need anything so I thought it would make the perfect gift! Let me play without getting in trouble!
              There is a community pool and playground adjacent to the club house. Drop the wife and kids off and get in nine.
              – Greg

Comment

Our trip to Orlando area this past week consisted of rounds on the following courses:

Dubsdread - This was a warm-up round. It's a tight course, decently laid out, but not on the level of the rest of the courses we played.

Orange County National - Panther Lake - Great course. Greens were quite fast (likely about a 10.5) and running true. Conditions were excellent all around.

Mission Inn - El Campeon - We loved this course. Great layout and conditions were very good. It was very cool that morning so we found the course played a lot longer than its yardage indicated.

Mission Inn - Las Colinas - Defintely a notch below the other course, but it's still a quality track. Not one I would make a special drive up there for though.

Orange County National - Crooked Cat - See Panther Lake above. I didn't have a preference of one over the other. Both were great courses and conditions were splendid.

Champions Gate Country Club - This course has only been open for a couple of years and lacks a clubhouse and could use some time to mature. Still, we found it to be a great track and would definitely go back again in a few years once things have been developed around it. Conditions were outstanding.

We were hoping to play a couple of our favourites from years' past in Grand Cypress and Bella Collina, but at a cost of about $100/round we found the courses above to offer better value (we paid about $50/round at all of the above courses). We wouldn't bother going back to Dubsdread or Las Colinas, but we were not disappointed in either of them as we knew what to expect there. The rest all exceeded our expectations, especially for the prices paid.

Comment

GC is great for 36 holes and so is reunion with 3 courses. If you want to splurge hit up bayhill and play their charger course ( 9 holes) as well during your stay

Comment

Originally posted by brady d View Post
                    hey guys,

headed down in february looking for the best courses to play in orlando
                    I just got back last week from Orlando. Played 4 courses - Rio Pinar, Providence, Eagles Nest, & ChampsionsGate Country Club

I would skip out on Rio Pinar if you're looking for a really nice course. The other three on the other hand we're spectacular.

Comment

Playing Hawks Landing this morning. Played it years ago and remembered liking it. Prices are through the roof down here right now. $80 us for Hawks is the best deal we could find today. It's regular $135

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X