Collapse

Courses open?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Courses open?

Got an email that Streetsville is opening Wed and Thur $30 walking.. Didn't know they ever closed
    TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
    TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
    TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
    Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
    Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
    100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Bump.
      Epic 10.5 - Elements
      Epic 3 wood - Elements
      Mizuno JPX900 -22* Veylix Rome 988X
      King MB - Recoil Prototype
      Fourteen - 52/56/60PM -Recoil Prototype
      Lamb Allendale
      https://www.instagram.com/makerofputts/

Comment

Hidden Lake Golf Club in Burlington is open. $25 per player. Old Course, temp pins. Kitchen is closed, limited food and beverage available in the golf shop. Call LinkLine to book a tee time 1-800-276-9542.
        Sandy McDivot is the “nom de golf” of a senior ClubLink employee who, from time to time, will correct misinformation about ClubLink that appears on torontogolfnuts.com. Sandy will not engage in debates or comment on hearsay, rumours or hypothetical situations. He will contribute only facts and official ClubLink stances on pertinent postings on torontogolfnuts.com forums when appropriate. Fore!

Comment

Just got an email from Southbrook , open today and tomorrow only , $22.00 walking for 18 , $17.00 for 9 , tax in.

Comment

4 seasons still closed as per the answering machine.
            Sunmountain 3.5LS
            Cobra
            Fly Z+ driver, Fly Z+ 3 wood, Fly Z 2 & 4 hybrid
            Mizuno
            MP 59 5-PW, S5 52, 56 & 60 - KBS Tour S
            Scotty Cameron
            Newport 3

Comment

Originally posted by cjcruz View Post
              4 seasons still closed as per the answering machine.
              I guess they're "between seasons?"
              Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Banty Roost is open, played they're in early March last year and it was pretty good, some wet holes. If anyone wants to join me lmk.
                "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                  I guess they're "between seasons?"
                  It's the 5th season.

Comment

Here at hidden lake now. Little damp but minimal standing water or snow. Playing in a long sleeve shirt in Feb? Works for me
                    What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
                    TM Rescue 17*
                    TM M2 4-AW
                    TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
                    Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Originally posted by Betterthanpar View Post
                      I'm sure Annandale is open....
                      Well it is, and this morning I was striking the ball like never before....often putting my drives well out there, far beyond actually being able to see them land. But, now that I am home, the fog has cleared.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
                        Well it is, and this morning I was striking the ball like never before....often putting my drives well out there, far beyond actually being able to see them land. But, now that I am home, the fog has cleared.
                        How is it? Thinking about going tomorrow. Ive read all the jokes but not sure how much is exaggerration. For someone whos never been what should i expect? Obviously i know its February so not expecting much.
                        Titleist 915D2 10.5*
                        Yonex E-Zone XP 18*
                        Titleist 915H 21*
                        Titleist AP1 714 4-6
                        Titleist AP2 714 7-PW
                        Vokey 50* 56* 62*
                        Scotty Cameron A.O.P. Newport
                        Bridgestone E6

Comment

Royal Niagara is open, 30$ walking only

Comment

Originally posted by Shankopotamus View Post
                            How is it? Thinking about going tomorrow. Ive read all the jokes but not sure how much is exaggerration. For someone whos never been what should i expect? Obviously i know its February so not expecting much.
                            Just go play if you can its not that bad...I grew up learning to play there as a teenager for something like $200 a summer. Since moving on the "bigger and better" courses I appreciate what Annandale is and try to make it back once every year or two. It is a course with more good holes than bad and doesn't try to be something that it's not. Its biggest problem is overuse and therefore slow play/lack of maintenance but I'd imagine it would be fun to play tomorrow and if I am able to move some things around maybe I'll see you out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shankopotamus View Post
                              I look at it more as practice than playing, and a lot of what people say is true. The conditions are nothing to rave about, but for $20 you can be out there all day. The ground is extremely wet, wear boots. There are still a few spots with snow, the bunkers are filed with water/snow and not playable, and the one pond is frozen. The turf is barely much more than a flattened matt of grass over mud. The only good grass in near the greens.

As for the greens, the punch holes from the fall maintenance are still a factor. The surface is waterlogged and there are branhes and leaves in some places. There are (were) two holes in each green, to allow for 18 hole play. Some holes are damaged due to poles bending in the wind and taking out the cup or plastic fringe arounf the rim of the hole. Many of the pins are on the ground and not capable of being inserted because the cup is frozen. Those pins which are in the cup are frozen in place. (that might change tomorrow.) One green is a temporary green and not really playable.

Today was pretty steady, and I would imagine tomorrow will be a bit busier.

There is a dedicated crop of players who are accustomed to playing holes randomly, in no particular order. It works when there are not many people there, but not today, as some people cut in front of me.

I suspect the starter will need to ensure there is more discipline tomorrow, as it is likely to be busier.

They allow carts on the course, which of course causes damage in these conditions.

Having said all that, I had a good time and got some great shots off.

It's not mid season at the country club, but if you can't be in Florida, its OK by me for February in Toronto.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
                                The ground is extremely wet, wear boots.
                                Thanks for the intel, I think this sentence was what I needed to hear. I think I'll probably just hit the range and wait until April if I need to play in boots.
                                Titleist 915D2 10.5*
                                Yonex E-Zone XP 18*
                                Titleist 915H 21*
                                Titleist AP1 714 4-6
                                Titleist AP2 714 7-PW
                                Vokey 50* 56* 62*
                                Scotty Cameron A.O.P. Newport
                                Bridgestone E6

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse