Punta Cana - Golf Course Recommendations

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punta Cana - Golf Course Recommendations

Hey Nuts,

Bunch of us are going to the Breathless resort in Punta Cana for a bachelor/40th bday during the May long weekend.

I make it a point to play golf in every country I visit; providing the tracks are decent.

Any course recommendations to play in Punta Cana?

Thanks
    Ping G20 10.5* | Ping Anser 16.5*| Ping G10 21*| Ping i15 4-U| Nike VR 56* & 60* | Ping Redwood ZB
    "There's no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing!" -Anonymous

Re: Punta Cana - Golf Course Recommendations

Originally posted by CMSW View Post
    Hey Nuts,

Bunch of us are going to the Breathless resort in Punta Cana for a bachelor/40th bday during the May long weekend.

I make it a point to play golf in every country I visit; providing the tracks are decent.

Any course recommendations to play in Punta Cana?

Thanks
    Iberostar course is quite good - make deal ahead for 3 rounds
    PuntaCana Beach and Resort courses excellent Pete Dye
    Srixon 565/765 irons
    Ping G LSTEC driver 9*
    Ping G fairway 3 wood

Comment

Punta Espada and Corales are world class golf courses. You can always take the drive to Casa de Campo and play Teeth Of The Dog, which is one of the top 100 courses in the world.

Comment

+1 for Puntacana

Comment

Punta espada is incredible. I've played it and pebble beach and minus the history I give the nod to espada.
          WITB:

Driver: Epic Sub Zero (10.5) Fujikura Pro Green 62
          3 wood: Callaway XR Deep (14) VTS Silver 7
          5 wood: Callaway X2 Hot Pro (19) VTS Silver 8
          Hybrid: Ping Anser (20) Recoil Irod 85
          Iron: Titleist 712u (26) Steelfiber i110
          Irons: Miura CB-57 (6-PW) Steelfiber i110
          Wedges: Miura 1957 Y Grind (51) Recoil Proto 125
          Miura 1957 K Grind (56) Recoil Proto 125
          Vokey TVD prototype V Grind (61) KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
          Putter: Bettinardi - Inovai

Comment

Originally posted by LawKid View Post
            +1 for Puntacana
            Played La Cana - Oceanside course last year for $60 with Tee Time from
            No Booking Fees - Every Course, Every Tee Time! Reserve by Phone, App or Online. Save Up To 50% Off Tee Times & Deals You Won't Find Anywhere Else.

http://www.puntacana.com/la-cana-golf-club.html

Comment

I have played that several times and it is very enjoyable. A few holes very nice along the coast.
              Srixon 565/765 irons
              Ping G LSTEC driver 9*
              Ping G fairway 3 wood

Comment

Thank you all for your comments, I will definitely look into the suggested courses. Very excited; this will be my first time playing in Punta Cana.
                Ping G20 10.5* | Ping Anser 16.5*| Ping G10 21*| Ping i15 4-U| Nike VR 56* & 60* | Ping Redwood ZB

Comment

so .................. what was your trip like and the golf especially?
                  Srixon 565/765 irons
                  Ping G LSTEC driver 9*
                  Ping G fairway 3 wood

Comment

Originally posted by freddie View Post
                    so .................. what was your trip like and the golf especially?
                    I wish is to be there now, but it's not until May

Comment

sorry not to bring this back from the dead, but i'm going to Punta Cana next week. Staying at Paradisus Punta Cana. We get free rounds but mandatory cart fees at Cocotal Golf Course & Country Club. how did you enjoy the golfing?

Comment

Played Cocotal 3 times a couple of years ago. Stayed at the melia that had a shuttle to the course. 6 or 7 out of 10 course. 3 nines all different formats. i'd recommend it. not sure about anywhere else there.

Comment

I've played Cocotal last year and was staying at the Melia. I played mid-afternoon and it was cheaper, think I paid around CAD$30 or so for the cart and rentals (1st generation Taylor made Burner woods and irons) and the course was empty.
                          They have 3 nines (one was closed when I played), some nice holes. Some holes are too close to the houses and it makes for scary tee shots!!
                          Also, there were kids playing in some fairways, dogs roaming free and even a birthday party on one rough mid-hole (likely to get hit by a sliced ball). It adds to the "experience"
                          I took the shuttle there and walked back to the hotel, which is across the street.

Comment

cocotal is a very average course. Ok if you just want to play golf and dont particularly care about playing some of the nice courses there. If you get a chance play some of the others mentioned here - all better than Cocotal but do require a shuttle of at least half an hour or more.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X