Collapse

Copetwon Woods

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copetwon Woods

I'm playing Copetown Woods for the first time on the weekend. I've heard many good things. Does anyone have any input on what to expect?

Is there a practice range/area?
    Cobra S2 10.5 - Stock Fuji
    Cobra Baffler TWS 20 - Aldila NVS
    Cobra Baffler TWS 23 - Aldila NVS
    5-PW Mizuno MX23 - DGS300
    Mizuno MP-R 52.07 - DGS300
    X-Forged MD 56 - Rifle Spinner 5.5
    X-Forged MD 60 - Rifle Spinner 5.5
    Odyssey Black Tour Design #9
    Titleist ProV1x

Re: Copetwon Woods

Nice course, there is a practice range, also a chipping green with a practice bunker. There is a putting green near the first tee. The greens there are large, the first is about 60 yards from front to back. When you enter to driveway look to your left, this is the first green, make a note of the pin position, it is important to get off to a good start.

Comment

A few pointers for Copetown Woods for you. As the above tips stated, note the size of the greens. They have a mini yardage book on the scorecard that shows you the yardages. I played there last week and they just installed all new yardages tags on the sprinkler heads that show not only the yardage to the centre of the green, but to the front and the back of the green as well. This is the first course I have seen do this around the GTA and it helps a lot.

The waste bunkers there can be tricky to play out of. My tip would be just to pick it clean, DO NOT hit it like a regualr bunker shot or you will just chunk it and it will go 2 feet.

Other than that just stay out of the fescue and pick the right club on approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty
        A few pointers for Copetown Woods for you. As the above tips stated, note the size of the greens. They have a mini yardage book on the scorecard that shows you the yardages. I played there last week and they just installed all new yardages tags on the sprinkler heads that show not only the yardage to the centre of the green, but to the front and the back of the green as well. This is the first course I have seen do this around the GTA and it helps a lot.

The waste bunkers there can be tricky to play out of. My tip would be just to pick it clean, DO NOT hit it like a regualr bunker shot or you will just chunk it and it will go 2 feet.

Other than that just stay out of the fescue and pick the right club on approaches.
        That sounds good, I am going back there on the 11th!

Comment

I guess if you know the right people when theres anything negative said you just get it deleted.
          Why bother asking others' opinion if you're just gonna delete it?

Comment

Originally posted by Grass Roots Tour
            I guess if you know the right people when theres anything negative said you just get it deleted.
            huh? did i miss somthing?
            You're In Good Hands

Adams speedline f11 9.5*
            2H nickent
            4H taylormade rescue
            5-PW Tourstage Z101
            52*56*60* vokeys
            Yes sophia
            Nike pdsoft

Comment

Don't get it?!?!?!?
              Titleist ProV1x

Comment

care to elaborate grt? confused like everyone else.
                Jaydog

Comment

I posted my opinion of Copetown and the powers that be deleted it because there were things I didn't like about it.
                  I have received a direct email from the owner of the course asking for details about my experience. I responded right away thinking if he's interested then maybe he will address the issues and make things better there. I gave my usual advice about bringing back full memberships and helping to grow the game and whatnot in the direct email to the owner.
                  Since that day someone put up this thread asking about Copetown and I simply stated that I did have a bad experience but I've since discussed it with the owner and he assured me things are better now. (as I remember it)

I had been under the impression that freedom of speach was exersized here even if someone's opinion wasn't a good one.
                  Obviously I was wrong about that. The administrators here must have some kickbacks from Copetown or a vested interest in their well being.

This will probably get me kicked out of here.

Comment

That type of thing happens all the time in forums everywhere GRT. I see moderators delete stuff all the time because it makes the sponsors or the some how connected look bad. Its just business and I wouldn't take it personally but it does defeat the purpose of forums such as these. I would like to know the connection or reason if the person responsible would like to state why. We all understand how business works and I'm sure many of us are now curious to the connection if someone would like to come forth.

How are courses supposed to get better if they don't listen to what the players have to say. Owners and mangers should be reading sites like this to learn where they can make improvements.

I am also very interested in this course and have heard mixed reviews. I would like to know how it compares to Willow Valley if anyone has played the two. Mainly since they are considered the higher end courses in Hamilton that are not private.

Comment

I posted my opinion of Copetown and the powers that be deleted it because there were things I didn't like about it.
                      I have received a direct email from the owner of the course asking for details about my experience. I responded right away thinking if he's interested then maybe he will address the issues and make things better there. I gave my usual advice about bringing back full memberships and helping to grow the game and whatnot in the direct email to the owner.
                      Since that day someone put up this thread asking about Copetown and I simply stated that I did have a bad experience but I've since discussed it with the owner and he assured me things are better now. (as I remember it)

I had been under the impression that freedom of speach was exersized here even if someone's opinion wasn't a good one.
                      Obviously I was wrong about that. The administrators here must have some kickbacks from Copetown or a vested interest in their well being.

GRT: so basically, the owner of Copetown Woods deleted your post? Which post and on which forum? There is no deleted post here on this thread.

Comment

As the General Manager of Copetown Woods , I would like to say that never have I, nor would I delete a post. I go on this forum every now and then to here what people are saying about my course, as well as other courses. I listen to both the good and the bad comments about all courses and take this back to Copetown Woods and try and make things better.

I personally sent an e-mail to GRT, as he stated above, because he had a bad experience at my course and I wanted to know why. He told me everything he thought and I listened to it all and will do my best to make changes to try and meet the needs of all of our guests. No matter what business you are in you can not please everyone, but we do our best.

I respect the opinion of everyone in here because you are all paying customers at my course and if we don't listen than it will show when no-one shows up to play.
                        Last edited by Guest; Jun 5, 2005, 10:20 AM. Reason: indirectly selling the course

Comment

I have enjoyed most of my rounds at Copetown Woods, it has some nice challenging holes and I always look forward to playing there. Next Saturday will be my 2nd visit this year with 2-3 more to follow throughout the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Copetown Woods
                            As the General Manager of Copetown Woods , I would like to say that never have I, nor would I delete a post. I go on this forum every now and then to here what people are saying about my course, as well as other courses. I listen to both the good and the bad comments about all courses and take this back to Copetown Woods and try and make things better.

I personally sent an e-mail to GRT, as he stated above, because he had a bad experience at my course and I wanted to know why. He told me everything he thought and I listened to it all and will do my best to make changes to try and meet the needs of all of our guests. No matter what business you are in you can not please everyone, but we do our best.

I respect the opinion of everyone in here because you are all paying customers at my course and if we don't listen than it will show when no-one shows up to play.
                            I started this thread so I figured I may as well finish it. I think the course itself is first rate and I love the layout of the place. Very visually stunning and a pretty challenging track. The practice area is well laid out and targets on the range are marked well for distance. The fescue isn't fully grown yet and I'm somewhat thankful for that. I quickly realized that you have to hit fairways to score well at Copetown Woods. After putting away my driver and hitting 3 wood or irons off the tee I was OK and finished up with an 86. Not too bad for the first time playing the course. That being said, I had a couple of serious issues with the round. One was pace of play. We got stuck behind a group that thought it was necessary to play from the tips. Neither player hit a single fairway and sometimes there were two groups backed up on the tee box while the course was open in front of the group ahead. This resulted in a 6 hour round and I missed dinner plans which I thought were safe considering we tee'd off at 1:30pm. One guy even lipped off at us when I politely asked him to pick up the pace and use different tees. He actually told us to mind our own business or he'd stick our clubs up our keysters. To each his own I guess. This was the same guy eating a cheeseburger on the putting green and dropping pickles and onions all over the place. I guess being threatened was to be expected. The starter definitely should have said something when he watched them hit their balls off the tips on hole number one. It was pretty obvious that they were in WAY over their heads from those tees and trouble was coming. On to issue #2. After the first hole we never saw another marshall. Had there been a marshall around he'd have most definitely heard about the pace and hopefully done something to speed up play. I understand that not every round will be this long, but first impressions mean everything so it'll be awhile before heading back, if at all. There are too many great courses to choose from in the area to have to suffer through a 6 hour round. Having played the other courses in the area, I know this won't be an issue elsewhere because marshalls are doing their jobs there. My entire foursome felt the same as we discussed it throughout the round. Secondly, why aren't there any garbage cans or benches at the white tees? I'd like to think that at 6000 yards (from the whites), the majority of people should be playing from those tees. Wouldn't it make sense to accomodate the masses? On more than one occasion I found myself carrying an empty Gatorade bottle for a bunch of holes until I finally came across a garbage can. I understand that the garbage cans are along the paths, but not everyone carts and follows the path. I was tempted more than once to just toss my garbage in the fescue, but I tend to respect places that I play so I carried it until I could properly get rid of it.

That being said, I think the course itself is a star, but it'll be awhile before I head back. Having a young family, I can't justify spending 6 hours on a golf course on one of my two days off a week. That goes for my entire foursome and anyone that asks me about the course.
                            Titleist ProV1x

Comment

I do not think Copetown Woods is sponsoring this forum cuz I haven't seen any ad about them.

I don't see the admins deleting this post that your suggesting they had kickbacks and such so it seems to me freedom of speech was maintained. Still I think it's a bad to suggest such a thing like that without any real proof. This is how stupid rumours get started. How would you feel if someone said that about your Tour?
                              Feherty: " 270 to carry the water, you might want to lay up SnowFlake "

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X