Collapse

Lochness Links Yesterday

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lochness Links Yesterday

Got out at 4:00 and played nine holes. We payed for 18, but the group in front of us was very slow. Don't know if they were being held up by the group in front of them or not. The course gave us a raincheck for the other nine holes. The course was in great shape, and they let the golf carts drive everywhere. I didn't have a good round at all. But what could be better then being out on the golf course.

Re: Lochness Links Yesterday

Can't wait to give that track a whirl this season. Glad to hear it was in good shape, even though you got held up by slowpokes.

I played Streetsville yesterday, and it was just nice to get out in the good weather. Looks like it won't be until mid next week before the weather co-operates again.
    MEMBER OF THE 07-09 and 11-16 RYDER CUP

Dans mon sac...
    M2 9.5 w/ Attas 3 8X
    Aeroburner TP 15*w/GD BB
    Aeroburner TP 21HL w/Black Tie 8
    Adams "Murdered" MB2's w/KBS tour black 5-GW
    MD3 Satin 56-60
    Odyssey #7CH "Lucky 777"

Member Club de Golf Cap-Rouge

Comment

Good to hear the course was playing in great shape and dry. Sounds awsome for this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by peddletothemeddle
        Got out at 4:00 and played nine holes. We payed for 18, but the group in front of us was very slow.
        Let's hope the Lochness management peeks at the GN posts and reads this. The number one beef right now among golfers is pace of play and I hope every owner will get more agressive through their marshalls to fix it. The days of kissing up to the 5% of slow players should end in favour of the other 95% who move at a resaonable pace.

Comment

What's the hurry?

He started at 4pm, and it still gets dark earlier than the summer.

I know all about pace of play, but he said he didn't play that well, so one can assume others in front of them also didn't, and likely it was their FIRST time out this season.
          Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter
            What's the hurry?

I know all about pace of play, but he said he didn't play that well, so one can assume others in front of them also didn't, and likely it was their FIRST time out this season.
            You just hit the jackpot. Too many people associate poor play with slow play. One has nothing to do with the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter
              What's the hurry?

Doesn't it get dark at 7 or 7 30 -that's 3 1/2 hours for 9 holes. If you don't think that's slow then that explains why there is a problem. Slow players just enjoy making people wait -its their way of getting attention. Ever notice that on a highway slow farts drive 60 in an 80 when you can't pass and then they speed up when it goes to two lanes. Slow players also hate to let you play through. Why? Well, because they enjoy annoying people. I play quite quickly, as you may have guessed, but the odd time someone catches up to me (say a guy in a power cart who has to get home soon) I always ask if they want to play through -I don't get my jollies slowing down people. Slow players also always like to say -"what's your hurry?" -like we should all want to play 5 and a half hour rounds. Maybe next time they go to their doctor's office they should ask to wait for two hours instead of 1. You have to ask yourself, "why do these guys play slow, don't they know how to play?". I always wonder what takes them so ------- long? Your 200 yards from the green -grab a club and hit it -man up.

ps -I just checked the weaternetwork -sunset 7:58 -that's 4 hours for 9 holes.
              Staffnut

Comment

I did not play that well, but we could easily have finished 18 holes if we hadn't been held up. On pretty much every par 4 and 5, the group in front of us would wait until the group ahead of them was on the green before they hit their tee shots. I really don't see the need for that. They would also look for balls of theirs in the rough, or that went into the ponds for at least 5 minutes slowing play. At this point of the season it does not bother me that much, but in prime season when I am paying full rates, i don't appreciate waiting 5-10 minutes every hole.

Comment

my bad...guess you'll be ahead of me!!!

Comment

When you know the group is playing slow on purpose and making no effort to speed up, I wait till they're out about 250 and launch one right over their heads. When I get to the ball I say " I thought it was safe to hit, you guys have been on this hole for 10 minutes already you should be at the green by now, or at least far enough for us to hit. Usually they get the hint and move their asses, or they ***** to the marshall and he moves us through them anyway, either way it works out.

Comment

Originally posted by slightdraw
                      When you know the group is playing slow on purpose and making no effort to speed up, I wait till they're out about 250 and launch one right over their heads. When I get to the ball I say " I thought it was safe to hit, you guys have been on this hole for 10 minutes already you should be at the green by now, or at least far enough for us to hit. Usually they get the hint and move their asses, or they ***** to the marshall and he moves us through them anyway, either way it works out.
                      Depends WHO they are, or you could get into some REAL trouble!
                      ....remember, it's a Gentlemen's Game!

Comment

Lochness Links is a nice course, great value for the money. $33 spring and $55 max prime. I would recommend it to anyone.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                        X