Collapse

Pleasant Run or Oakridge Golf Club

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleasant Run or Oakridge Golf Club

Which of the two is the better course with respect to layout, conditioning and scenery. Thanks in advance
    Saudan
    (mid handicapper)

Pheasant. Unless there's a new course northeast of the city.....

Comment

Don't ask Marty Canuck or kich
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Saudan View Post
        Which of the two is the better course with respect to layout, conditioning and scenery. Thanks in advance
        IMO Pheasant is a better and tougher course, and apparently staff attitude is also better lately.
        Lakeridge, OTOH is a much easier course, I base this on having played both many times and the fact that we often had company tournaments there while, nobody wanted the tournament to be at Pheasant; too tougher on the higher caps and beginners.
        Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

I like PR more and the original 9's over the newest 9.

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post
            I like PR more and the original 9's over the newest 9.
            Never knew there was a "newer 9" ....have been playing there since they opened

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

IMO Pheasant is a better and tougher course, and apparently staff attitude is also better lately.
              Lakeridge, OTOH is a much easier course, I base this on having played both many times and the fact that we often had company tournaments there while, nobody wanted the tournament to be at Pheasant; too tougher on the higher caps and beginners.
              Lakeridge wasn"t an option.
              Oakridge is better than Pheasant.
              Right Mark?

Comment

Pheasant Run is definitely more scenic and i have heard that it is in phenomenal condition this year from a buddy thats a member. I think it offers a good mixture of tough holes and tough greens and also some holes where the lies/hills/angles arent completely kicking your *** depending on the 9 that you play.

In my mind, oak ridge is very tough off the tee - blind tee shots, narrow outlooks, small landing areas.The greens are also small. Its challenging

Personally, I would pick PR based on the scenary - the highlands 9 is great

Depending on where you live - PR might also be the more convenient choice - its not far from the 404 -- while Oakridge is a bit of a mission to get to in my opinion (not a 407 user)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post

Never knew there was a "newer 9" ....have been playing there since they opened
                  For some reason I thought the southern 9 (the weakest IMO) came later..

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

For some reason I thought the southern 9 (the weakest IMO) came later..
                    Agreed it is 'weaker', but it was always there afaik

Comment

I have never played Oakridge. I play Pheasant Run twice a month or more on Monday's only... clergy rate. My 8th season playing there. The course has been improved immensely! With the addition of Leasha Schwab as superintendent, she has done phenomenal work! The people are very pleasant as well. Right now the colours are about to come out... so I would recommend PR.

Comment

Originally posted by pastorrichard View Post
                        I have never played Oakridge. I play Pheasant Run twice a month or more on Monday's only... clergy rate. My 8th season playing there. The course has been improved immensely! With the addition of Leasha Schwab as superintendent, she has done phenomenal work! The people are very pleasant as well. Right now the colours are about to come out... so I would recommend PR.
                        Do Clergy still play "free"? Always remember that sign the 1st time I was there

Comment

Oakridge is better in all respects IMHO.

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
                          TM SLDR 10.5*
                          TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
                          TM Rescue 22*
                          4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
                          Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
                          Ping Ketch
                          Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by ifigetaholdofit View Post
                            Pheasant Run is definitely more scenic and i have heard that it is in phenomenal condition this year from a buddy thats a member. I think it offers a good mixture of tough holes and tough greens and also some holes where the lies/hills/angles arent completely kicking your *** depending on the 9 that you play.

In my mind, oak ridge is very tough off the tee - blind tee shots, narrow outlooks, small landing areas.The greens are also small. Its challenging

Personally, I would pick PR based on the scenary - the highlands 9 is great

Depending on where you live - PR might also be the more convenient choice - its not far from the 404 -- while Oakridge is a bit of a mission to get to in my opinion (not a 407 user)
                            Please name one blind tee shot at Oakridge.

Comment

Originally posted by pastorrichard View Post
                              Forgive me father for I am about to sin but how can you recommend one course over another when you've only played one of them? Is divine intervention at play here?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X