Collapse

Legends on the Niagara - Info

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legends on the Niagara - Info

Headed down to play both courses next week, just looking for some info.
    - seems to be a big difference between tee blocks, do they play longer or shorter than the card? I think they were both about 6100 from the whites and 6700 from the blues. We usually play about 6500 or so.
    - what's the practice area like? Going to be there the night before our first round and want to spend a couple hours, hoping there's a good short game area.
    - Conditions from anybody that's been there this spring...wet I realize like the rest but anything else I should know?
    - Any tips on the layout would be appreciated.

Wish I had more for you, but it's been years since I've played Legends. Did play both courses. I like you prefer to play the 6300 - 6500 range. I remember thinking the blues were pretty punishing at the 6700. Hope you enjoy.

Comment

Great range, and there is a warm-up course "Chippawa" for a nominal charge

I prefer Usshers Creek overall, but the closing holes on Battlefield are terrific

Obv. the course is very flat, but tricked-up, and lots of water, sand & fescue
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

If it doesn't dry up Ushers will be challenging as it it is usually wetter than Battlefield . I prefer Battlefield as everytime I have played Usher's Creek it has been cart path only. Both are great courses.

Comment

If you have time the day before the range is very good as is the executive course.

Comment

A word of warning on the executive course. It is a great little course adjacent to pretty good practice facilities.

However.....

I have been there twice this year to hit balls and work on my game on the short course both times around twilight when the on-line booking sheet was wide open. There was only one visible yardage marker on the range with nothing visible on the deck pointing to various unflagged sticks out there. It tough to work on yardages that way. I am nut sure why this was or if I missed some kind of yardage guide hidden in plain sight.

I paid for my tee time (only $20) before hitting the range each time. I waited on the range and short game area as long as possible for the first tee to open up before heading over. I managed four holes before walking off the first time as there were two groups on the fifth tee, one on the "fairway" and one on the green. I decided to give them another chance and last night I walked off after 40 minutes and three holes. I could tell it was going to be at least 15 minutes before I could hit a ball off four tee. I mentioned this to the guy at the little pro shop and all I got was "wow" and a shrug of the shoulders. I headed to the main prop shop and it was already locked for the night. I debated jumping onto one of the main courses for nine as there was still enough daylight for nine and it would have been easy. Not sure I would have got nine in on the short course.

I think they were just letting anyone pay and forgot about actual tee times.

I saw one couple with two young kids in tow playing in the fairway.

Another thing I found shocking were the number of apparently able bodied young people on carts on a course that plays 2,300 hundred form the back.

Perhaps there are slower times, I don't know but, I won't be going back at twilight for sure. It is too bad as it is a nice layout for practicing.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X