• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Otter Creek

Playing tomorrow.
    Anyone been lately?
    Conditions?

I'm always fascinated by these types of posts. You're already scheduled to play so what do you gain by asking about conditions. If someone says they're lousy, do you cancel? If great, do you bring your "great" set of clubs and putter? Maybe it's just me being a gnarly old codger but what possible use are these posts? Much better if you posted after the round and spelled out the conditions, etc.

Comment

There is already another thread on Otter Creek. Apparently its not in the best condition, especially the bunkers.

https://www.torontogolfnuts.com/foru...eek-conditions
      It that a Titleist?

Comment

Originally posted by kich View Post
        Playing tomorrow.
        Anyone been lately?
        Conditions?
        Why don't you just come play with Scott, Swain and myself at Pipers at 11: 35, only playing one round though, got to get back into the 36 rhythm..
        Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
        Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
        Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
        Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
        Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
        Pro V1x Left Dash
        Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
        Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

Originally posted by hannah View Post

Why don't you just come play with Scott, Swain and myself at Pipers at 11: 35, only playing one round though, got to get back into the 36 rhythm..
          A. You posted too late.
          B. We are using UP for 36.
          C. Send me a text Thomas when a spot is avail. Would love to join you guys if sched works.

Golf geek.
          I get excited if someone posts the greens are in great shape.
          Makes me look forward to going.

Comment

Originally posted by kich View Post

A. You posted too late.
            B. We are using UP for 36.
            C. Send me a text Thomas when a spot is avail. Would love to join you guys if sched works.

Golf geek.
            I get excited if someone posts the greens are in great shape.
            Makes me look forward to going.
            I will next time, I don't play outside my club too often but I have played a few times this year as I like to play with my friends once in a while and till guest are allowed at my club I will put my hand in my pocket the odd time, I pay enough to belong to my club without playing outside tracks that aren't reciprocal's
            Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
            Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
            Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
            Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
            Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
            Pro V1x Left Dash
            Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
            Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

Originally posted by ShanksMcDuck View Post
              There is already another thread on Otter Creek. Apparently its not in the best condition, especially the bunkers.

https://www.torontogolfnuts.com/foru...eek-conditions
              FWIW, the bunkers have been a travesty for a few years now.
              10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
              16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
              20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
              4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
              Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Played there sunday.. Course is in great shape. Bunkers are terrible
                WITB :

Driver - Nike Covert
                3 Wood - Cobra amp cell 14*
                Hybrid - Nike cover 18*
                Irons - Taylormade tour preferred 4-GW
                Wedges - Cleveland 54/60 CG15-?
                Putter - Cleveland VP5

Comment

Originally posted by hebbsy View Post
                  Played there sunday.. Course is in great shape. Bunkers are terrible
                  Good to know its only the bunkers. While that's still disappointing, I am glad the rest of the course is OK. Want to get out there again this summer.
                  It that a Titleist?

Comment

Originally posted by Golfgeek View Post
                    I'm always fascinated by these types of posts. You're already scheduled to play so what do you gain by asking about conditions. If someone says they're lousy, do you cancel? If great, do you bring your "great" set of clubs and putter? Maybe it's just me being a gnarly old codger but what possible use are these posts? Much better if you posted after the round and spelled out the conditions, etc.
                    🤨

Anyway....

Hope you enjoy your round, careful when the bunkers are in range, thankfully you have been forewarned.... 😁

Comment

In crappy bunkers, since there is no rake and place ( due to no rakes ) , I swipe my foot and build up a small soft spot, then place my ball. As long as the rest of the course is in great shape, I will forgive poor bunker maintenance. I definitely have to get out to Otter again.
                      🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                      Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                      Ping G430 Max 12* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
                      Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
                      Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                      Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                      Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                      Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

It's a golf board, all kinds of golf talk and all kinds of information shared. If he posted this and 10 people said it's in terrible shape don't go....pretty sure he would cancel. It's nice to have feedback from fellow golfers to know what to expect. These posts are useful for anyone reading them. Maybe I read it and heard great things so decided to go play there.

I know....so strange to ask golfers questions about a golf course on a golf board.....

Comment

If comments are unfavorable from those playing recently then YES, I'd cancel and book elsewhere. That's actually the great thing about ones own time and money - you get to decide and freely choose where to spend it. Some people don't care whether they pay $100 and play on slow to average speed greens or pay $100 and play on fast, smooth greens. I'm on the latter side of that scale

I was at Lakeview last year and overheard a guy post round rave about the condition of the course and greens. Then I tee'd off and the greens were on the slow side and inconsistent. It was a reminder that you have to take opinions from those you don't know with a grain of salt.

Some guys on here are easy to please and as long as the course has green grass everywhere they call it 'great course conditions'. Bottom line is I think I'll agree with about just being a gnarly old codger

Comment

Originally posted by elmeroil View Post

It's a golf board, all kinds of golf talk and all kinds of information shared. If he posted this and 10 people said it's in terrible shape don't go....pretty sure he would cancel. It's nice to have feedback from fellow golfers to know what to expect. These posts are useful for anyone reading them. Maybe I read it and heard great things so decided to go play there.

I know....so strange to ask golfers questions about a golf course on a golf board.....
                            Well said.
                            Gone golfin' ... be back about dark-thirty.

Comment

Originally posted by elmeroil View Post
                              ...These posts are useful for anyone reading them. Maybe I read it and heard great things so decided to go play there.
                              I went to The Bridges at Tillsonburg for the very first time this week, based on Elmeroil's feedback from his recent outing there.

🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                              Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                              Ping G430 Max 12* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
                              Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
                              Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                              Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                              Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                              Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews