Collapse

Beginner course around GTA

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner course around GTA

Hi guys, quick question, what’s a good beginner course around the GTA? So far we’ve tried Granite Ridge which was great, so something similar to that would be great (flat with little hazard and force carries). Thanks guys!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Driver: TM M2 9.5 (2nd Gen), ACCRA FX200 260 M5 Shaft
    3 Wood: Ping G410 LST 14.5, VA Slay Four 75 Shaft
    3 Hybrid: Ping G410 19, Va Slay 85 S Hybrid Shaft
    Irons: 4&5 - Srixon Z565; 6-P: Srixon Z765; Modus 105 S Shafts
    Wedges: Cleveland CG15 50(10), 56 (14), 62(12)
    Putter: Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #2

Try Humber Valley, lakeview, etc...

Comment

I liked Bloomington Downs when I was starting out. Hidden Lakes.

Comment

Mill Run Highlands is a very scenic 'executive course' that allows you to use all of your clubs, yet is inexpensive and fairly quick to play.

Comment

3 courses that require very little driver are Scarlet Woods, Centennial Park and Turnberry. I think Humber Valley is a great beginner course. Played Burlington Springs for first time and thought that was pretty chill for a relaxing round.

Comment

Originally posted by kramerbr View Post
            Try Humber Valley, lakeview, etc...
            Def on board with Humber, but Lakeview? That course has hosted the Canadian Open and is imo wonderfully designed but not easy on a typical windy day by the lake.
            OP can also try Scarlett Woods. It is an executive course and will test every iron in the bag. If you are okay with executives, I love Bathurst Glen as well.

Comment

Oakville Executive - 18 hole and 9 hole course. Both easy for beginners
              It that a Titleist?

Comment

Rolling Hills (Challenge or Classic)

Comment

I have noticed that the old Cresthaven golf course at McCowan and 407 has re-opened. I dont think it is called Cresthaven anymore though. Looks like a good beginner course as well.
                  In my Taylormade TMX Stand-bag:
                  Mizuno JPX 825 Pro DG R300 4 - PW
                  Scratch Golf 1018 50 & 56 SS;
                  Taylormade 58 degree lob wedge
                  Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback
                  Cobra S3 5w
                  TaylorMade R11 3w
                  TaylorMade R11 Driver

Comment

Thanks guys! My girlfriend is taking up the sports and would definitely appreciate the options provided here. Got a 2 for 1 at Mill Run Highlight and planning to use it next week.

Comment

Originally posted by newy View Post
                      Rolling Hills (Challenge or Classic)
                      Classic is a great course for a beginner to get to the next level once graduated from the driving range. Its flat, easy to walk, and short course so even beginners wont be frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by zombiecx View Post
                        Thanks guys! My girlfriend is taking up the sports and would definitely appreciate the options provided here. Got a 2 for 1 at Mill Run Highlight and planning to use it next week.
                        Hope that you both enjoy it. Please let us know.

Since I have not been out all year, I am unsure as to current conditions but here are some hints.

The driving range is beside the driveway when you enter. You can use it then go up to the Highland course.
                        I believe that the cabin/pro shop/snack bar for the Highland Course is currently closed so you will need to use the Championship clubhouse. However the on course washrooms on the Highland course are probably open. You can check.
                        You start off with 2 par 4 holes, and finish with a par 4. If my memory is correct there are 4 par 4's in total.
                        There is no water and few if any forced carries. But some greenside bunkers.
                        The course is up in the Durham Alps, so if there is any breeze at all, you should feel it. There is little shade on the course, but some shade along the fairways on the south side. The major benefit of the breeze and lack of shade is that except for the holes along that side there are usually very few bugs/insects to bother you.
                        Take some time to admire the views/vistas. Particularly in the evening and/or the fall they can be quite nice. The view to the west in particular.

Comment

Thank you so much Arthur. Will let you guys know how it goes. We are really looking forward to it 😃😃

Comment

I learned golf on these courses.

Rolling Hills Classic & Challenger
                            Cresthaven par 3 course

These courses will put the least pressure on you, even if you hit a bad ball you will most likely have a shot.
                            Driver : TaylorMade R11s 460cc 10.5*
                            Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz 3 wood
                            Irons : PING G20 4-PW
                            Wedges : Cleveland RTX 588 52 & 60
                            Putter : Odyssey Metal-X 2-Ball Putter
                            Ball : TaylorMade Penta

Comment

Bloomington downs is good for the ego 😉

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse