Collapse

Duntroon Highlands

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duntroon Highlands

Looking at maybe playing there in early August Anyone been there as of late ? How was it?

Thanks Frank

Keep the expectations reasonable and enjoy some fantastic views. some really nice staff . #1 not a great opening hole things get better after that #10 similar to #1. Some nice holes middle of back 9.

Comment

Thanks appreciate the update Hoping to play first week of August
      Frank

Comment

Just finished and wow. Short but targety. Greens were fairly fast with some good breaks. Top 5 greens of 20+ courses played this year. Driver isn't really needed on but 1-2 holes on the front but you can hit driver probably 4 times on the back. The 1st and 10th are par 5s which play as par 5s with driver out of play. You just need good shots to do it. I liked the back 9 landing areas get more forgiving. Tee boxes were beat up so used a tee with irons and wedges instead of my preferred lies on the tee box. 5 hour round
        I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Played August long weekend for the first time. Not sure why driver would be out of play on #1. I had 160 in and hit 9 iron over the trees to the green. Some holes on the front do call for less than driver. #10-12 are just poorly designed. #10 is a par 5 and you have to hit it 220 down the hill to find the gap through the trees to leave yourself 240 to the green. Doglegs on 11 and 12 are only mid-irons off the tee as well.
          Greens were slick - always have to know where the Georgian Bay is as ALL putts go that way. Tee blocks were rough but that's not a huge issue. Fun course - would be great for a 4 man scramble!

Comment

Originally posted by schwab View Post
            Played August long weekend for the first time. Not sure why driver would be out of play on #1. I had 160 in and hit 9 iron over the trees to the green. Some holes on the front do call for less than driver. #10-12 are just poorly designed. #10 is a par 5 and you have to hit it 220 down the hill to find the gap through the trees to leave yourself 240 to the green. Doglegs on 11 and 12 are only mid-irons off the tee as well.
            Greens were slick - always have to know where the Georgian Bay is as ALL putts go that way. Tee blocks were rough but that's not a huge issue. Fun course - would be great for a 4 man scramble!
            I misspoke about hole 1. Driver is in play.
            I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Played it August long, opening hole is dumb but no big deal.

Enjoy the views like another poster said and take a cart

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X