Collapse

Lionhead GC

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QuentinJJ View Post

I thought that Legends was in awful shape when I played a few weeks ago, overgrown with weeds and fescue. Many of the Black tee decks have not been maintained either. Bunkers removed on many holes without much thought. The bones are good, but it is a course that has been allowed to go to seed.
    did you end up playing from the blacks? I wonder if they are in not as good shape considering very few people would play from there so they might get overlooked? Some holes the tee decks for blacks in comparison to the others are in absurd locations in a different area code lol

Comment

Originally posted by jaybee View Post

did you end up playing from the blacks? I wonder if they are in not as good shape considering very few people would play from there so they might get overlooked? Some holes the tee decks for blacks in comparison to the others are in absurd locations in a different area code lol
      Shouldn’t really matter — in fact, the black tees should be in better shape given that they would see far less golfer traffic. It’s really not much effort to maintain them, a course that lets them go is really pinching pennies IMO.
      10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
      16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
      20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
      4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
      Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Originally posted by BlockedRight

All courses (of merit) are designed to be played from the tips. .
        As I have never and never will play from them, is this indeed true?
        What percentage of golfers actually play from them?

Legends requires permission from the starter to move to the tips. And as noted in some instances at the Legends they are rather difficult to find.

I know of at least one Carrick designed course where they have removed the back tees (tips) and even changed their scorecards to remove reference to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

As I have never and never will play from them, is this indeed true?
          What percentage of golfers actually play from them?

Legends requires permission from the starter to move to the tips. And as noted in some instances at the Legends they are rather difficult to find.

I know of at least one Carrick designed course where they have removed the back tees (tips) and even changed their scorecards to remove reference to them.
          Is that course you speak of Ballantrae? Played yesterday and noticed the black tees are gone. Some of the black tee-boxes are gone too. On some other holes the blues have just been pushed back to where the blacks used to be. Played the blues but wished the blacks were still an option (although I'd probably choose blues most of the time anyways).

Comment

Originally posted by newy View Post

Is that course you speak of Ballantrae? Played yesterday and noticed the black tees are gone. Some of the black tee-boxes are gone too. On some other holes the blues have just been pushed back to where the blacks used to be. Played the blues but wished the blacks were still an option (although I'd probably choose blues most of the time anyways).
            Yes. And not not Maples of, now Royal Stouffville. They were removed partway through 2017 or 2018 and the following year they were removed from the scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by jaybee View Post

Not in good shape because they haven't been maintained. Other areas of the course even worse, such as the hill on the left side by the 14th green. Full of tall weegs so a lost ball if hit there (in the past you could play from there) and a very narrow approach to the green. Not by design, but by neglect.

Comment

Yeah, I'd have to agree (as of last week). I mean, it's "fine" but I wouldn't say it's in great shape. Depends what you're comparing it too. I guess it's great compared to Streetsville Glen.

Comment

Originally posted by paperclip View Post
                  My advice is to bring extra golf balls (you will lose a few guaranteed) and your sense of humour; you will have more fun if you don't take it too seriously and remember that Lionhead is basically designed to kick the c**p out of you.
                  Legends is design to sell golf balls.

First time we played it, my partner went in at the turn. Came out 3 minutes later with a $15 sleeve of balls. $50 in today's money. Man, was he pished.
                  – Greg

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X