Royal Ashburn - Walkable?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Ashburn - Walkable?

Hey nuts,

I'm just coming back from ... let's call it an injury. Haven't returned to full strength. I walked Station Creek North on Friday for reference and was okay.

I haven't played Ashburn in 10 years. Just wondering if the walk will be too much for me. Figured my walkers out there would give me a yay or nay.

Yes walk

Comment

Walkable this time of year. Of my rounds at RA I'm 50% walk 50% ride.I feel that there are courses you can walk some days but not others example for me Tangle Creek. Mid summer sun heat and humidity cart is a nice option.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobogo View Post
        Walkable this time of year. Of my rounds at RA I'm 50% walk 50% ride.I feel that there are courses you can walk some days but not others example for me Tangle Creek. Mid summer sun heat and humidity cart is a nice option.
        Before my "injury", I used to walk and carry the Mark O'Meara course at Grandview on the regular. Unfortunately, my i"njury" took 45 lbs of muscle and 75% of my gas tank. I'm getting better but I haven't been able to bring myself to walk either course at The Country Club in Woodbridge yet. Working my way back to it.

I walked Station North with a push cart. Im goin to break out my MGI Power Caddy for Ashburn on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by BB79 View Post

Before my "injury", I used to walk and carry the Mark O'Meara course at Grandview on the regular. Unfortunately, my i"njury" took 45 lbs of muscle and 75% of my gas tank. I'm getting better but I haven't been able to bring myself to walk either course at The Country Club in Woodbridge yet. Working my way back to it.

I walked Station North with a push cart. Im goin to break out my MGI Power Caddy for Ashburn on Saturday.
          Have a great round and keep it up the left side on #3

Comment

Its an easy walk if your 100 % healthy...but it always seems like a long walk when I play it (the right left syndrome)
            There is the uphill Par 3 on the front that could be an issue for you
            The ninth is a long uphill Par 4 that could also be an issue
            I think the Par 3 16th is uphill and from the tee box on 17...is a down hill walk that is alittle steep

Comment

Originally posted by tywl View Post
              Its an easy walk if your 100 % healthy...but it always seems like a long walk when I play it (the right left syndrome)
              There is the uphill Par 3 on the front that could be an issue for you
              The ninth is a long uphill Par 4 that could also be an issue
              I think the Par 3 16th is uphill and from the tee box on 17...is a down hill walk that is alittle steep
              Best of luck with your recovery.

Royal Ashburn is if I remember correctly a much easier walk than the Country Club (Board of Trade) courses.

Comment

I would say no, if your not in decent shape take a cart.

Comment

I'm not much of a walker...but actually enjoy walking RA. Not too much distance between holes, except maybe between 5 and 6. 17 and 18 are uphill all the way so a tough finish.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X