Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Red13; Nov 10, 2020, 08:17 AM.

Cobble is great golf experience, you'll have a great day.
    We have a summer place that is 10 minutes away, so I am there every weekend using their excellent range, and play it 2-3 times a season.

The course is mostly in front of you with no really blind shots, so WYSIWYG. Wide fairways IMO, and the rough was not too thick or long when I played there last, but that was 6-7 weeks ago. Be sure to practice putting as the greens are large, undulating, and usually fast, so easy to 3 putt.

On the front 9 there are really no surprises. I hit Driver on every hole that presents itself. I don't feel there is a need to "play safe" with a 3W or Hybrid of the tee IMO. The #7 Par 5 has a blind landing area, but it is wide and should not cause concern.

The back 9 starts off with a bear of a hole in #10 , long uphill and very elevated green. Hopefully you wont have a headwind. The back features a couple elevated tee shots in #13 and #15 so an iron or hybrid off the tee is called for. On #13 the landing area, if you go long, it has a deep gully to the right, which is playable. So from the tee, you can hit a long iron or hybrid, and remain up top. The green will be at this elevation but a longer shot. If you go Driver and go longer, your ball will bounce down into the gully a bit longer & right, leaving a shorter shot to an elevated green. I take my chances with Driver on this hole. I like holes that give teeing options.

Pick your appropriate tees. I find the course plays short, but it is a Par 72.
    https://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf...dscorecard.htm

My driver is good for 240 +/- and I play the "Member Hybrid" tees on the scorecard, which is 6353 yards and rated 70.5 / 134. Maybe next time I could handle the "Advanced" tee which is 6690 yards and rated 71.7 / 137. On the Advanced tees, only #3 and #10 would be "too long" for me and I'd be happy with a painless bogey on those. No where else would I consider playing over 6400 yards.

Have fun ! ~ Andy
    🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
    Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
    Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
    Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
    Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
    Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
    Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
    Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

As per Andy the greens are fast. When I played there they started the day rolling at 12.5. I was definitely not use to that. The course is excellent. My buddy and I actually got paired up with another TGN member. I forget his name but he was awesome and fun to play with. Enjoy your experience and have fun
      Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
      3W - Taylormade M4
      5 wood - Callaway X Hot
      4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
      Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
      Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
      Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Wow thank you guys for long advice! Very helpful!
        i never played there, its first time so looking forward to it!

Comment

Great track enjoy the back nine !!
          " the only shots you can be dead sure of are those you've had already."

WHATS IN THE BAG

Ping I20 9.5 stiff
          Sonartec 2.5 3/5 woods
          Mcgregor hybrids 3,4,5
          Ping i20
          MacGregor response
          Snickers tour bag
          Pro V1

Comment

Red13 there's a view of the water from every hole (pretty much). As Andy said, it is straightforward without lots of blind shots so you can fire away. Lots of opportunity to use driver. #7 if you can catch the downslope, you can layout an absolute bomb. #17 is a cool little par 3. It's a fun track to play! Hope you enjoy it.
            What's in the bag?
            TM M2
            Cobra F6 fairway woods and irons
            PING Sigma G Putter
            Les Grossman: "I'm talking G5. Playa, playa"

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays