/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

GTA west - short game practice facility????

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA west - short game practice facility????

Need some recommendations on courses/ranges in the west end with good short game facilities and are open to the public.

Old Pro is close to me and it’s fine for pitch shots, but really looking for a facility where I can chip and putt. Old Pro putting area is woefully slow so practicing chipping and putting there is not a great use of my limited practice time.

Thanks in advance!!

Vic Hadfield at Trafalgar and 407 is nice, better than Old Pro in my opinion.

Centennial Park by the airport is solid depending on time of day.
    Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
    3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
    3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
    Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
    Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
    Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
    TP5X 2024
    Ghost Katana

Comment

Originally posted by MattM97 View Post
      Vic Hadfield at Trafalgar and 407 is nice, better than Old Pro in my opinion.

Centennial Park by the airport is solid depending on time of day.
      Thanks for the reco! Been to Piper's Heath to practice a few times and it's great, but they don't allow chipping on their practice green. I will Vic's a try.

Comment

+1 for centennial

Chipping green and putting green, both independent of one another. Greens are typically in fast condition too and can be minimal people there depending on time.

The only downfall is you may be limited to buying a bucket of balls (small) to hit at the range first before using them as sometimes the starter that walks around the area will point out they are only permitted to be used by "paying customers"

Comment

Originally posted by gcopeland19 View Post

Thanks for the reco! Been to Piper's Heath to practice a few times and it's great, but they don't allow chipping on their practice green. I will Vic's a try.
          Yeah they have a chipping green, a putting green and a bunker area. You can pay just for the short game area or get a discounted rate with a bucket.
          Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
          3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
          3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
          Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
          Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
          Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
          TP5X 2024
          Ghost Katana

Comment

Originally posted by jaybee View Post
            +1 for centennial

Chipping green and putting green, both independent of one another. Greens are typically in fast condition too and can be minimal people there depending on time.

The only downfall is you may be limited to buying a bucket of balls (small) to hit at the range first before using them as sometimes the starter that walks around the area will point out they are only permitted to be used by "paying customers"
            How can anyone complain that facilities that they pay to own and maintain are to be used for "paying customers"?

Comment

Originally posted by High cut View Post

How can anyone complain that facilities that they pay to own and maintain are to be used for "paying customers"?
              Next thing you know, they're gonna charge you for playing the course!

Seems a bit much, considering I'm bringing my own clubs and balls......
              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
              ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

Good point, more importantly it also might explain why no one wants to spend their money to build a good practice facility....

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

lol
                  When I was recovering from rotator cuff surgery a few years ago, I'd go to the local range and buy a small bucket then use the chipping green. It didn't feel right to use the green without paying.

Comment

Originally posted by jaybee View Post
                    +1 for centennial
                    +2 for Centennial.

I think Centennial is one of the most underrated facilities in the city. Driving range, great putting and chipping area, and one of the few places to offer 9 holes during the day.

I go there weekly to do the combo, spend a couple of hours playing 9 and doing some practice - it's a great place to work on all your skills.

The course is obviously not that exciting, but it's usually in pretty good condition, and a great price.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X