/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

How Accurate are Cheaper SIM Places in GTA ?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Accurate are Cheaper SIM Places in GTA ?

OK, this is NOT about SIM Places that use Trackmans and GCQuads and can measure BAll AND Clubgead data, but about the ones that use some sort of overhead cameras and measure ONLY the BALL DATA.
    IOW, do these Sims show adequate Distances and Trajectories of the ball. That's all i would be interested in, anyway.
    Many thanks and cheers !

If you’re talking about the systems used by Tracer, they are pretty much useless in terms of useable data. It’s a video game and a golf-like activity (it really seems to juice the short irons…can be a nice ego boast hitting a 180 yard 9 iron).

I find the Uneekor used by NextGolf to be a bit better. Spin numbers and swing speed can be wacky, but the numbers feel closer to reality.

If you’re just looking to swing the club, the low end places can scratch the itch…but if you want meaningful feedback you need to go to one of the higher end sims that use TrackMan and GC Quad.

Comment

There is little lacking in the ceiling mounted GC Hawk and Uneekor EYE XO2. The rest of the ceiling mounted offerings, I don’t know about, but suggest to ask the establishment what they use and Google for specs.
      🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
      Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
      Ping G430 Max 12* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
      Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
      Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
      Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
      Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
      Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Depends on witch ones you’re asking about. The uneekor ones do measure ball and club data but Need club stickers. The eye xo costs close to a trackman now. Trackman does calculate spin unless you use the rct ball.

Comment

I go to an overhead camera one primarily because it's cheap and fun. I get to swing clubs all winter, which is what matters. Apparently impactvision doesn't capture side spin well. Which explains why most of my drives find short grass. I use the pro setting to accurately capture my club distances. But I use amateur to boost my ego.

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
            OK, this is NOT about SIM Places that use Trackmans and GCQuads and can measure BAll AND Clubgead data, but about the ones that use some sort of overhead cameras and measure ONLY the BALL DATA.
            IOW, do these Sims show adequate Distances and Trajectories of the ball. That's all i would be interested in, anyway.
            Many thanks and cheers !
            Don't fall into the trap of thinking that all camera based systems are bad. In fact the camera systems from aboutGolf are probably the best in the industry. I have talked to many Trackman users who prefer the AG systems over them.
            Aim at nothing and you will hit it every time.

Comment

I find the Tracer distances and dispersion very comparable to my on-course distances. Ultimately it’s all relative. So for example if you are working on a swing change you will get a good estimate of how that change compares to your regular swing for distance, launch angle and dispersion. I can’t speak to accuracy of spin numbers - if you are looking for those, Tracer does have Trackman bays.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X