/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Mississauga Residents Get 5% Discount on Their 3 Muni Courses !

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reminder, at 9:03pm, not much left except late afternoon, but I grabbed an early enough single to be able to get around

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal2 View Post

They allow for single bookings. They didn't used to unless you called but that switched when they change over their booking system either last year or the year before.
      They've allowed single bookings for a couple years now, but not as the first booking of a time slot. Only to fill holes.
      Proud member of the Prune Juice Army.

Comment

Just played my first round at Lakeview and learned a little more about pricing. Last year, I used to get the 12 for the price of 11 pack (senior weekday) and paid $649 incl tax. This worked out to $54.08 per round. This year, the 5% discount applies to the senior rack rate of $55.08, which works out to $59.13 per round after discount and tax. I found out that 5% does not apply to the 12 pack and so really there is little to be saved by buying them if you are a Mississauga resident. The 12 pack applied to the rack rate would result in a cost of $57.05 per round, which saves you another $2/round, but you have to committ to using them by the end of the each season (not hard for me), which seems like a hassle now for the little savings.

So for me personally, my round cost actually went up 9.3% if I don't get the 12 pack and 5.5% if I do. Wasn't the Mississauga resident thing supposed to hold the line on greens fees for residents? Doesn't apper to do that for me! If I don't get the packs, then a non-Mississauga resident who does actually gets a lower rate than I do. Gonna have to write some emails/letters to the powers that be and see if they thought this through properly.

Comment

Originally posted by luv2kruz View Post
          Just played my first round at Lakeview and learned a little more about pricing. Last year, I used to get the 12 for the price of 11 pack (senior weekday) and paid $649 incl tax. This worked out to $54.08 per round. This year, the 5% discount applies to the senior rack rate of $55.08, which works out to $59.13 per round after discount and tax. I found out that 5% does not apply to the 12 pack and so really there is little to be saved by buying them if you are a Mississauga resident. The 12 pack applied to the rack rate would result in a cost of $57.05 per round, which saves you another $2/round, but you have to committ to using them by the end of the each season (not hard for me), which seems like a hassle now for the little savings.

So for me personally, my round cost actually went up 9.3% if I don't get the 12 pack and 5.5% if I do. Wasn't the Mississauga resident thing supposed to hold the line on greens fees for residents? Doesn't apper to do that for me! If I don't get the packs, then a non-Mississauga resident who does actually gets a lower rate than I do. Gonna have to write some emails/letters to the powers that be and see if they thought this through properly.

Would the multiplay packages nor already be discounted per round ? I know at my course that is the case and that discount increases as the number of passes purchased increases.

It seems odd that they would offer a 5/% discount on a already discounted fee and makes more sense that the reduced rate for residents would be for the regular rack rate, not discounted multiplay package.

Also, doesn't being a resident of Missy give you an advantage to book over the GP ? I think that is probably just as good as a 5% discount ( although having both is nice)
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Yeah, the early booking is huge - As a non resident I've been on at 9pm multiple days, and never even seen a tee time before 2pm - let alone be able to book one.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Would the multiplay packages nor already be discounted per round ? I know at my course that is the case and that discount increases as the number of passes purchased increases.

It seems odd that they would offer a 5/% discount on a already discounted fee and makes more sense that the reduced rate for residents would be for the regular rack rate, not discounted multiplay package.

Also, doesn't being a resident of Missy give you an advantage to book over the GP ? I think that is probably just as good as a 5% discount ( although having both is nice)
              Multiplay package were not already discounted per round. They were simply buy 12 for the price of 11 at the normal rack rate. When they went with a 5% discount for residents, there are now two rates, but they decided not to apply the 12 for 11 to the resident rate. So basically, if you buy the 12 pack, residents and non residents pay the same amount. Doesn't make sense to me, but that is what they decided.

Yes, the big part of these changes was really all about the 1 hr advance booking. I was told the pricing was more of a goodwill gesture. But for me personally, since I relied on 12 pack to reduce my costs, I don't really get the benefit of the 5% resident rate. That only seems to apply now to occassional players, not the regulars. Our rates went up with everyone else's, which is fine, but I just thought I would post about it to make sure everyone was aware of the subtleties of these changes and not assume that the 5% discount was applied across the board.

Comment

IMO, Mississauga Munis, need Non-residents to "fill" the courses. Down Town TO for Lakeview for sure and Braeben would be only half full with Mississaugans playing only.
                But totally agree on 1 hr advance booking for Mississauga Residents - huge advantage !!!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X