/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

North Carolina - Tot Hill Farm & Tobacco Road - Any Deals?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina - Tot Hill Farm & Tobacco Road - Any Deals?

So I'm down to a week away from my North Carolina trip, and looking to book a morning round at Tot Hill Farm on the way down followed by an afternoon round at Tobacco Road (Thanks to all who suggested these gems!)

Just wondering for those who have played it, do you know of any deals to be had? I can't find either course on GolfNow, but since I know how crafty us TGNers are, wondered if anyone knows of any specials or coupons!

From their websites it looks like Tot Hill Farm is $49 and Tobacco Road $107

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by GChev; Mar 18, 2010, 01:07 PM.

Re: North Carolina - Tot Hill Farm & Tobacco Road - Any Deals?

Originally posted by GChev View Post
    So I'm down to a week away from my North Carolina trip, and looking to book a morning round at Tot Hill Farm on the way down followed by an afternoon round at Tobacco Road (Thanks to all who suggested these gems!)

Just wondering for those who have played it, do you know of any deals to be had? I can't find either course on GolfNow, but since I know how crafty us TGNers are, wondered if anyone knows of any specials or coupons!

Thanks!!!
    If you don't have your hotel booked, you can book a package with tobacco road travel, got a good deal on my trip in April with rounds at Tobacco Road, Pine Needles, Mid Pines

Comment

Thanks!!!
      Just call them up and see what they'll do for you. They should be willing to help you with your second round at Tot Hill too.

My first time at TR, we got the hotel, breakfast, golf deal for somewhere around $140.

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
      TM SLDR 10.5*
      TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
      TM Rescue 22*
      4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
      Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
      Ping Ketch
      Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

The two courses are not that close together (I believe about 1 1/2 hrs).
        It maybe too much "extreme golf" as they call it. I was warned by a gentleman in NC when I booked last year about playing those courses on the same weekend nevermind the same day.
        TR was our first game of the year and after 2 hours sleep, 7 hours of travel and 95 degrees it beat the livin tar (heel) out of us.
        Enjoy.

Comment

I am actually playing tot hill farm today. I played it Monday as well. If you join their email club, they send you deals a couple of times a month. The deal I am playing on is two rounds in the month of March for $77.

I would agree about playing tobacco and tot hill in the same weekend. If you are not hitting the ball your best, these courses will not be much fun. Tot Hill offers little to no bail out areas. You are either on the tinyish fariways or out of bounds in the rocks. Tobacco is similar, although you might have a shot out of a bunker with a 40 foot lip.

Comment

Thanks for the insight....I'm going to change it up so that we play tot hill on the way down and tobacco on the way back home. Cheers!

Comment

Thanks for the insight....I'm going to change it up so that we play tot hill on the way down and tobacco on the way back home. Cheers!
              I agree with the other posters. I think this is a good idea.

I played both in April last year. No real deals, other than the replay rate.

We did that at Tot Hill, but were too tired to do that at TR although I think it was a good deal also. Kind of regret not doing it now.

I would also recommend against staying in Sanford after TR as it is a dump.

We stayed at Hampton Inn in Asheboro after Tot Hill and it was good as there was a roadhouse on the property.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X