Collapse

Anybody play Westview yet?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody play Westview yet?

Has anybody played Westview yet this year? I'm heading up there with a bunch of guys on Saturday, and I was wondering what to expect.
    When I play golf, I always hit the ball really good, but then it always goes someplace really bad.

Re: Anybody play Westview yet?

Played Lakeland/middle last week.
    It's in decent shape. Some greens still have some brown, and they are inconsistant (fast/slow) Sand bunkers are more like waste bunkers. (Lots of rocks) Fairways and Tee boxes are in decent shape.
    Still worth playing IMO
    What's in the Bag?
    Ping G30 SFT
    Callaway XR 4W
    Callaway Apex 4-G
    Callaway Mac Daddy 2 54 - 58
    Scotty Cameron Squareback #1
    Bridgestone B330 Rx Yellow

Comment

Originally posted by frozenrope View Post
      Played Lakeland/middle last week.
      It's in decent shape. Some greens still have some brown, and they are inconsistant (fast/slow) Sand bunkers are more like waste bunkers. (Lots of rocks) Fairways and Tee boxes are in decent shape.
      Still worth playing IMO
      Thanks. Sounds like typical early season conditions.

Last time I played there was a year ago this past fall, and it was in really rough shape from the lack of rain that year. I'm glad to hear it's in better shape than it was back then.
      When I play golf, I always hit the ball really good, but then it always goes someplace really bad.

Comment

Post it up after you play if you have a chance! I'm headin there Sunday with Robo, and wouldn't mind. Never played there before.

Comment

Leave the driver at home

Comment

Originally posted by corchard View Post
            Leave the driver at home
            Ah booooo....could be my 1st and last if it's target golf.

Comment

To P25,

when are you playing on sunday. I am heading up there myself. I have tee time @ 10:10am

Jack
              Job511

Comment

Originally posted by job511 View Post
                To P25,

when are you playing on sunday. I am heading up there myself. I have tee time @ 10:10am

Jack
                Not sure - Robo is handling the booking, so I'm not sure if he's booked the time yet. I think we're playing in the afternoon though.

Comment

If YOU want to score well, hit irons off the tee, there are a few exceptions which will become obvious.

Comment

If you have a choice on which nines to play I would recommend Middle/Lake. Homestead is the least interesting of the nines.

I agree with Corchard given the many tree lined/dog leg holes accuracy is more important than length on most holes.

Comment

I actually find the course to be forgiving enough at least off the tee. It's not as tight as some say you just need to know what lines to hit. There are some tight holes, but the height of the trees I think makes people think it's tighter than it is.

Comment

Been there 3 times already. Better conditions than others I've been to this spring. Greens on Lakeland were being arriated when we played Middle / Lakeland a week ago. Homestead was in great condition when I played 2 weeks ago.
                        I'd check with them to see which 9's greens are being arriated. They might be rotating the 9s though so you might not have a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemy7iron View Post
                          If you have a choice on which nines to play I would recommend Middle/Lake. Homestead is the least interesting of the nines.
                          I sort of agree, #1 is really dinky, but #2 & 4 are tough!
                          ...and it's certainly the easiest to walk (back in the 'all you can play' era, I always played it last!)
                          Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                            ...and it's certainly the easiest to walk (back in the 'all you can play' era, I always played it last!)
                            I was there pretty much every weekend for a while in the 'all you can play' times. 45 holes was a great day....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                              you're thinking #5 surely. (the ribbon hole)

4 is after that short par 5 on Homestead; and that's about as easy as you get for a par 4.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X