Collapse

Thundering Waters

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thundering Waters

I wasn't sure what to expect from TW given all the "negative" press on the course but I did go there expecting poor service (which by the way is a pet peeve of mine). I was pleasantly surprised to find that the staff was friendly and not rude as I was expecting. I'll echo littleshooters comments that the range isn't very good in the sense that you can't hit drivers/woods and there isn't much grass to hit off either (on sunday they had people hitting off the mats). I also see now what people mean when they talked about the "cement" fairways and the rocks under the fairway. Now I think cement is a harsh word to use but the fairways were definitely hard but on the positive side they gave some extra roll. Overall I enjoyed the course it's a great layout and has some memorable holes but can punish you off the tee if you don't hit it fairly straight. In comparison Grand Niagara's fairways are a bit more forgiving. Conditioning on the greens were satisfactory nothing to brag about though. Given that we paid $60 with cart and range I'm content with the experience and would go back at the same price. I found the layout interesting enough to bring me back despite some of the conditions.

Comment

What a modest guy, he did not mention that he chipped in from behind the green on the first hole for birdie. A chip which was downhill and had a huge right to left swing, and swear to god it was in the minute it left the clubface. And for those of you who have been trying to arrange a game with Manny and not yet had the pleasure. Do so, he is a great player who is great to play with.

Comment

Glad to hear the service is improving. I wonder if all the negative comments about them here found its way over to them? I'd like to play it again when it matures in.
        Last edited by Carlton; Aug 2, 2006, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Shooter
          What a modest guy, he did not mention that he chipped in from behind the green on the first hole for birdie. A chip which was downhill and had a huge right to left swing, and swear to god it was in the minute it left the clubface. And for those of you who have been trying to arrange a game with Manny and not yet had the pleasure. Do so, he is a great player who is great to play with.
          Very kind of you to say LS...thanks. I hope no one thinks I paid you to say that! Actually, you made a pretty fantastic putt yourself from just off the green too for birdie on the very same hole ....I'm looking forward to our next game!

TP3

Comment

Originally posted by Toughpar3
            Very kind of you to say LS...thanks. I hope no one thinks I paid you to say that! Actually, you made a pretty fantastic putt yourself from just off the green too for birdie on the very same hole ....I'm looking forward to our next game!

TP3

They would never think that......by the way I deposited your check today.......Seriously folks go to Thundering Waters and decide if you like it yourself. You at least owe that much and as said it does have some holes that pique your interest.

Comment

Originally posted by akrus
              When did this happen? Was it during a rain delay?? 90 minutes is insane...
              No it was not a rain delay. Their excuse was a "tournament". If so, it is an indication of bad course management.

The attitude of the staff at the Pro Shop was simple horrible. I wrote a very strong letter to complain. Their management never responded. It shows the management style has permeated to their staff and the behavior is acceptable to the club.

Comment

So we played Thundering Waters again (this past Sunday), at the insistence of Little Shooter (well, I had that raincheque I had to use), and we invited a "Special Guest"...RocknRonny...
                (we found the course, eventually...running-on-empty!)

...I gotta say, not only was the weather perfect, but the course was much better than it was when I last played. We had NO ONE in front of us or behind us (read the reviews here!?) .
                WE HAD A BLAST!

For those of you who have played with Ronny, you know what an easy-going-fun guy he is, and mind you, I let him drive the cart, so I only now realize that that could've been a bad idea...check the BRAKES in the tunnel Ronny!!

I'm not sure WHO this Jeff Swain guy is (never met him), but let me tell you something, Ronny has this sweet Nak driver he got thru Jeff, and I watched in AWE with my own eyes as Ronny 'pured it'
                357 yards!!!
                (we measured it on the GPS, so it must be true
                ...mind you Little Shooter hit his "zero" Hogan hybrid just 10 yards back!)

And as if that wasn't fun enough, LS missed an Eagle chip by about 1 foot on #18, settled for his 2nd birdie of the day (also one on #2)...
                I had the THRILL of making my 2nd ever Eagle from just 6 feet, which was the PERFECT ending to a

GREAT DAY OF GOLF, with a GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS, on what I will now say is a Very Nice track...having not had the chance to play the back 9, all I can say is, I was really IMPRESSED!!
                Last edited by Rocknronny; Aug 17, 2006, 04:50 AM.
                Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

[quote=Big Shooter]So we played Thundering Waters again (this past Sunday), at the insistence of Little Shooter (well, I had that raincheque I had to use), and we invited a "Special Guest"...RocknRonny...
                  (we found the course, eventually...running-on-empty!)

...I gotta say, not only was the weather perfect, but the course was much better than it was when I last played. We had NO ONE in front of us or behind us (read the reviews here!?) .
                  WE HAD A BLAST!

For those of you who have played with Ronny, you know what an easy-going-fun guy he is, and mind you, I let him drive the cart, so I only now realize that that could've been a bad idea...check the BRAKES in the tunnel Ronny!!

You let Ronny DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just glad to hear you made it back in one piece. After letting Ronny drive most of our rounds I would go to Canada's Wonderland just to wind down.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmboy

You let Ronny DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just glad to hear you made it back in one piece. After letting Ronny drive most of our rounds I would go to Canada's Wonderland just to wind down.
                    He was on his 'best behaviour' (fewer than 5 beers!)
                    ...and went on & on about that 357 yard drive!!!
                    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

What else is new about him going on about how well he hits that driver. If he could marry it, I am sure he would. He loves that thing, almost more than his better half I think at times.

Jeff
                      WITB:

Stage 2 Tour / Accra CB 55 M4
                      Stage 2 Tour 16.5 / Accra Tour Z LS 65 M4
                      Adams A12 Tour 3,4 / Accra Dymatch RT S3 M4
                      Miura 501 CB / Accra Hybrex M4
                      Titleist TVD Wedgeworks
                      Scotty Cameron Tour Rat
                      Scotty Cameron Knuckelhead
                      Ball: Lethal

Comment

Collapse