Collapse

Reviews of Copetown Woods

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviews of Copetown Woods

I am looking into purchasing one of the packages at Copetown Woods (which is just outside Hamilton) and I want to ge the thoughts of any one that has played it or knows of anyone that have played it. I played it last year and thought that it was pretty sweet. With the packages you can play on a weekend for $50.00 which is better than many of the courses in the GTA for what you get.

I don't want to put a lot of money into it until I know that people think it is going to a great course. I have only played it once so I want more feedback. It was among the Top 18 in 2004 rated by the Toronto Star Bogeyman, so I guess that says something.

To check it out, the site is www.copetownwoods.com

Thanks.

Re: Reviews of Copetown Woods

Originally posted by Lefty
    I am looking into purchasing one of the packages at Copetown Woods (which is just outside Hamilton) and I want to ge the thoughts of any one that has played it or knows of anyone that have played it. I played it last year and thought that it was pretty sweet. With the packages you can play on a weekend for $50.00 which is better than many of the courses in the GTA for what you get.

I don't want to put a lot of money into it until I know that people think it is going to a great course. I have only played it once so I want more feedback. It was among the Top 18 in 2004 rated by the Toronto Star Bogeyman, so I guess that says something.

To check it out, the site is www.copetownwoods.com

Thanks.
    I played a Great Lakes Tour professional tournament there and I really liked the course. It played tough and fair. The practice facility is adequate and even includes a small short game area. I would be cautioned by how much weekend traffic they might see. You may have trouble getting tee times and since they have no members (which I hate) you may never be able to get a game (going out on your own) with someone you already know.

Also, I can't see this place offering any kind of great price. Its probably very expensive.

Good luck with your search for a place to play. I know how hard it can be.

Comment

Cooptown Woods is a good course. Also played it on the Great Lakes tour. Its one of the better ones. I don't know what is in the area that is comperable to it,but I don't think you will miss the mark by much.

It playes fair and is in good condition. Greens nice . If I was to choose one to play in that area it would be on my list. Good luck.
      GB.

Comment

Hey Lefty:

Are you still selling your Cleveland wedge? I'm interested in buying it. What are you asking for it? I've sent you a PM.

Here's the link to your selling post.

http://www.torontogolfnuts.com/showthread.php?t=844
        Let me know.
        Gunga-Galunga
        Callaway FT-9.
        Nike T40.
        Nickent 3DX Ironwood.
        Callaway X-18.
        Callaway forged 60* wedge.
        Northwestern Shot saver.
        Taylormade Rossa Daytona.
        Titleist Pro V1 .