Golf Shoes - best for walking

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Golf Shoes - best for walking

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
    You might want to rethink the water proofing even you only play when it's not raining some courses have water retention in the strangest spots.
    +++

Even without puddles, you can run into issues. I learned that lesson on a fall morning when there was heavy dew on the course. By the 3rd tee, my feet were soaked; those shoes have been relegated to the "wear to the range" category.
    In the bag:
    R15 12° PXV 6.0
    SLDR 15° ATX Blue S
    Adams Pro 18° ATX, Idea Pro A12 20° NV S
    Titleist AP2 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Vokey SM5 54, 58
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

I love my FJ Dryjoy casuals. I can walk two rounds and go home in them no problem.
      In the SM C-130 cart bag:
      Driver:
      TM Aeroburner 9.5* Grafalloy Blackbird Stiff
      Fairway Metals:
      TM R9 15* 3W Stock
      TM R9 19* 5W Stock
      Hybrid:
      TM Aeroburner 4H
      Irons:
      TM R9 5-GW
      Wedge(s):
      CG 588 56|08
      CG 588 60|12
      Putter - Odyssey 2Ball
      Balls - NXT Tour

Comment

Originally posted by WestendStew View Post
        I went looking for shoes today and I'm starting to think I'm either crazy or just have high expectations. My 'wish list' for a pair of shoes to walk the course when it's dry;

• Wide size - this is a must
        • Size will be somewhere between 10-11.5, depending on the cut
        • Spikeless, with traction / tread on the sole for grip
        • Breathable fabric upper
        • Comfortable/supportive insole
        • Waterproofing is not at all required
        • Not $300

It seemed that every shoe I tried that fit every category was only available in a medium (narrow) size, which my feet would blow the sides out of after 2 or 3 painful rounds. Or I'd find a wide one with a leather upper - I already have Nikes with leather uppers!

Am I insane, or did my local Golf Town just have a poor inventory?
        I ordered FJ contour XW from my club - they have been decent. I wear my orthotics in them which improves fit but the sole of the shoe isn't as soft as a running shoe - which is why I am looking @ New Balance for my next pair. The majority of my shoes are NB given that I am a 9.5 4E.

Comment

Anyone wearing the new Footjoy SL?
          Comfortable?

My current Footjoy's may last to end of season but who knows. Probably going to buy at Golf Town on Queensway which is 10 minutes from home.
          When are the best deals to buy golf shoe's: end of season, mid season or beginning of season?

Comment

Originally posted by bdybldr View Post
            Comfortable?

My current Footjoy's may last to end of season but who knows. Probably going to buy at Golf Town on Queensway which is 10 minutes from home.
            When are the best deals to buy golf shoe's: end of season, mid season or beginning of season?
            Have lousy feet. have to choose all my shoes very carefully.
            Went with the Footjoy Pro SL in wide in blue/white.
            Excellent all around. Comfort walking, stability playing.
            Step into the best golf shoes for men to deliver your best performance. FootJoy’s men’s golf shoes are built for comfort, style & durability. Shop today!

Kicked my Ecco's from last season by a long shot. On sale now, I think, at GT @ $149. I paid $169 own sale 3 weeks ago.

FORE!
            Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV blue 55 s
            Ping G425 5 wood
            Ping G425 7 wood

Ping G425 4 Hybrid
            Srixon Z 785 irons - Nippon Modus 120 s
            Titleist SM8 54S, 58D
            Bettinardi Queen B6

Tour B RXS Golf Balls - yellow
            hcp- 6

Comment

Originally posted by bdybldr View Post
              Comfortable?

End of season or post season will be good deals and more options and sizes. Depending on what they have left pre season could be a better price but less options and sizes. From what I have noticed at GT but I don't shop much. Better deals will be found at the OEM sales.
              I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Just got some new shoes
                The New Balance 574
                Super lightweight! Got the box cause I ordered online. I thought they shipped me 1 shoe cause it was so light
                Super comfy. Played two rounds in them and feet aren't tired, no pressure points at all and the sole has the right amount of Cush
                Price was great too only $139 and free shipping!

I've become a fan
                "My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to sleep at night. In between, I occupy myself as best as I can" Cary Grant

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X