fall weather gear

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fall weather gear

Hey all,

I have been wearing the FJ dryjoy jacket and pant combo the past couple of seasons but I find it affects my movement and I was wondering if anyone is gaming more form fitting cool weather clothes that provide both warmth and free movement?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: fall weather gear

I usually wear an UnderArmour coldgear mock turtleneck longsleeve (fitted). It's warm, stretchy and comfortable. I'll wear my golf shirt over that.

If I need a little more warmth I have a fleece vest I wear which still allows a lot of arm and shoulder movement. I also have a northface stretchy jacket I wear or a Nike rain jacket that is also stretchy that I can wear as well but I prefer not to wear the jacket if possible as it does restrict things a little bit.

I was out yesterday morning, about +5 when we teed off with a brisk wind and was fine. Do you walk? I find that helps warm me up nicely.
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

I wear the underarmour cold gear mock neck if it's around 10* with shirt & shirt sleeve wind coat. All good. If its around 5* I'll throw on another thermal shirt or add a heavier sweater.. I learner Last yr 2 tight thermal shirts under everything is key.. I never get cold anymore
      Epic 10.5 - Elements
      Epic 3 wood - Elements
      Mizuno JPX900 -22* Veylix Rome 988X
      King MB - Recoil Prototype
      Fourteen - 52/56/60PM -Recoil Prototype
      Lamb Allendale
      https://www.instagram.com/makerofputts/

Comment

Thanks guys!! i was looking at the UA gear as GT sent a blast out today with some of their fall products and one of them looks pretty form fitting so i'll swing by there and give it a look

I guess some thermal underpants would be in order as well but I was mostly concerned about the top half of the body.

Comment

Originally posted by schoolhouserocks View Post
          Thanks guys!! i was looking at the UA gear as GT sent a blast out today with some of their fall products and one of them looks pretty form fitting so i'll swing by there and give it a look

I guess some thermal underpants would be in order as well but I was mostly concerned about the top half of the body.
          I think UA males coldgear leggings which are basically long underwear.

Funny FJ stuff wouldn't fit right for golf, do you have the right size, did you try it on with some layers under it for fit?
          Ping G410 Plus
          Ping G410 3W
          Ping G400 7W or 3H
          Ping G400 4H
          Ping G400 5 - UW
          Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
          Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
          Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
          Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

The UA stuff is solidf or base. For next layer if colder I have some older Nike Sphere shirts and some I picked up from Costco (forget the name) that work well. Layering is key for top half, I still prefer an old pair of gortex rain pants for bottoms, cut wind like a charm and can wear tights under if need be.

Comment

I picked up one of those FJ 1/4 zip sweaters that have a lining like a windshirt.
              That thing is so warm and comfortable.

Here's a link from TGW.com, I don't see them on the GT website.

Ping G410 Plus
              Ping G410 3W
              Ping G400 7W or 3H
              Ping G400 4H
              Ping G400 5 - UW
              Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
              Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
              Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
              Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
                I think UA males coldgear leggings which are basically long underwear.

Funny FJ stuff wouldn't fit right for golf, do you have the right size, did you try it on with some layers under it for fit?
                I have both medium and large so I could fit more layers or shred some when warranted I just find the really tight fitting gear works better for the movement aspect and FJ doesn't really offer form fitting per se they are more the mid fit style if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by schoolhouserocks View Post

There are different levels of fitting on the UA gear. I go with the fitted vs the compressed.
                  MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Another vote for UA Cold Gear.. if it's 10 degrees or so I actually layer with the heat gear but when it drops more I swap to Cold Gear. If it's windy and bitter I throw on the UA Storm Gear pants and jacket... wicked awesome rain gear that's light and doesn't restrict movement.
                    Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
                    Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
                    Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
                    Hybrids: Cobra T-Rail 25*
                    Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
                    Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
                    Putter: SGC WB Northwood
                    Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

The thrifty shopper suggests Marino blend Paradox base layer pants and top from Costco. @ $17.00 for each half (top or bottom) if you are price conscious. Very moveable in the golf swing. Pair with gortex pants and a wool sweater and Bob's your uncle. On top is a touque with Ping mitts or FJ cold weather golf gloves on the hands. The real key is to walk the golf course either carrying or pushing a cart. Keep moving!

Comment

Originally posted by sikoram View Post
                        The thrifty shopper suggests Marino blend Paradox base layer pants and top from Costco. @ $17.00 for each half (top or bottom) if you are price conscious. Very moveable in the golf swing. Pair with gortex pants and a wool sweater and Bob's your uncle. On top is a touque with Ping mitts or FJ cold weather golf gloves on the hands. The real key is to walk the golf course either carrying or pushing a cart. Keep moving!
                        my playing partner swears by costco for all things golf clothing so I will ask him to grab me some of those base layers the next time he's there. @ that price even a brand junkie can't argue the logic and yes walking the course helps tremendously.

Comment

A layer for warmth and an outer layer to stop wind and elements... You'll be golden.
                          Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
                          Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
                          Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
                          Hybrids: Cobra T-Rail 25*
                          Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
                          Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
                          Putter: SGC WB Northwood
                          Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

I use the UA undershirt and long johns as well....nice and toasty. I have a FJ shell for my outer layer. I always buy a size larger than I normally take so I have enough room to swing when winter layers are added underneath. Also have FJ winter gloves...and a Titleist toque. (although any toque would do)
                            In the Titleist Canada stand bag.....

Titleist 915 D3, 10.5
                            Titleist 909 F2 15.5*
                            Titleist 910 F2 19*
                            Titleist 913H 24*
                            Titleist 712 AP1 5-GW
                            Vokey SM6 52* (bent to 53*)
                            Vokey SM6 58*
                            SC Studio Stainless Newport

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews