Collapse

frozen golf balls

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frozen golf balls

I left a couple boxes of golf balls in the garage this winter in the freezing cold unfortunately. Does anyone know how the frigid temps affect the playability and elasticity of the balls?

Re: frozen golf balls

Very doubtful if it would make any difference. If they are Pro V's and you don't want to take a chance with them; just mail them to me.
    Gone golfin' ... be back about dark-thirty.

Comment

I doubt if there was any performance lose it wouldn't be that noticeable. I used to leave my bag in the trunk all winter when I was going to the dome 3-4 days a week and never had an issue with the balls I left in there the next season.

As long as you aren't playing frozen balls, then that would be an issue and likely break your woods.

Comment

Won't do anything to them.
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

no moisture... no problem. as said... dont play with frozen balls.
          Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
          3W - Taylormade M4
          5 wood - Callaway X Hot
          4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
          Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
          Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
          Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

and if they are blue cold......

Comment

Originally posted by hammy1983 View Post
              no moisture... no problem. as said... dont play with frozen balls.
              How else will you warm them up? I guess it's better to get someone else to play with them for you...

Comment

Originally posted by rpangman View Post
                Very doubtful if it would make any difference. If they are Pro V's and you don't want to take a chance with them; just mail them to me.
                ide probably send to rpangman too just to be safe.
                Just tap it in. Just tatataaaap it in.

Comment

One of my buddies puts a sleeve of balls in a thermos with boiled water when it's cold out.

Yes, I am aware that this is a violation of some rule.

Comment

bring them inside and, if they are a multiple layered type, they will be just fine once they thaw out. It will take about 24 hrs. at room temperature to normalize them.
                    Brass Monkeys take about 48 hrs. before you can polish them.
                    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post
                      I doubt if there was any performance lose it wouldn't be that noticeable. I used to leave my bag in the trunk all winter when I was going to the dome 3-4 days a week and never had an issue with the balls I left in there the next season.

As long as you aren't playing frozen balls, then that would be an issue and likely break your woods.
                      So...often the balls at Launch are frozen. Should we be avoiding using a driver and woods as well as similar hybrid or "rescue" clubs there when the balls are fozen?

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

I would think at least half the balls found have been frozen once,good to go imo.

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post
                          I would think at least half the balls found have been frozen once,good to go imo.
                          huh never thought about that but great point as I bought them in used condition. good chance they were frozen in the ponds prior to retrieval.

I thought the constant freeze thaw cycle might affect elasticity.
                          Should have thought balls are not food going in and out of the fridge

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
                            So...often the balls at Launch are frozen. Should we be avoiding using a driver and woods as well as similar hybrid or "rescue" clubs there when the balls are fozen?
                            I definitely would. I imagine you could possibly cave-in or damage your driver's clubface.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 off the tee View Post
                              How else will you warm them up? I guess it's better to get someone else to play with them for you...

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X