Rumoured Costco Kirkland Signature 4-piece balls

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rumoured Costco Kirkland Signature 4-piece balls

Originally posted by Carlton View Post
    Hummm, if they're a performance ball like a ProV1x for $30/box, hell yeah!
    $30 for 24 (at least in the US)
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
      $30 for 24 (at least in the US)
      Good lord! That's 2x as much luv'n! I won't feel bad losing a ball. lol

Comment

I have no doubt the balls are really good, I love most products from Costco! The Kirkland golf shirts I have are better than my under armour shirts. $90 vs $15, they've lasted and not faded. A lot more than I can say for the UA shirts, they faded fast.

Comment

I am pretty excited about this.....fingers crossed it does not turn into a bust.

Comment

Pics from the GolfWRX thread I shared in the OP, a poster found one. Definitely looks like a budget ball, no flashy logos or graphics. Very plain looking.

9° Cobra King F6+ Driver
            15.5° Cleveland Mashie 3W
            19° Adams Tight Lies 2 3H
            4 - AW TaylorMade RocketBladez HL
            54.11 Titleist Vokey SM4 Tour Chrome
            58.09 Titleist Vokey SM4 Tour Chrome
            SeeMore Corona Del Mar X2
            Sun Mountain Four 5

Comment

Originally posted by TH3W View Post
              Pics from the GolfWRX thread I shared in the OP, a poster found one. Definitely looks like a budget ball, no flashy logos or graphics. Very plain looking.
              Cool! Guess it's real... hopefully not photoshopped. lol

I don't need flashy, just full of performance goodness.
              Last edited by Carlton; Sep 27, 2016, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TH3W View Post
                If it's anything like every other Kirkland Signature product, the packaging will be plain, but the quality will be high.
                Home
                Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5*
                TaylorMade Rescue 11 TP 21*
                Ping G425 5-U
                Titleist SM6 58*
                Ping 2021 Anser 2

Away
                TaylorMade R9 SuperTri 10.5*
                TaylorMade R9 5 wood
                Ping G25 5-W
                Titleist SM2 52*, 56*, 60*
                Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 360g

Comment

I think it is a Callaway ball.

Ten Years Later It seems like only a couple years ago Callaway was releasing their very first golf ball.  It's actually been 10 years though since they
                  things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                    seeing as the balls are made in Korea I doubt it.

Comment

seeing as the balls are made in Korea I doubt it.
                      Nassau balls are really very low end. None of their ball line match the construction of the Costco ball.
                      I think they might act as go-between. Made in S.Korea(Ally) has a better marketing image in the States than made in China.
                      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Nassau balls are really very low end. None of their ball line match the construction of the Costco ball.
                        I think they might act as go-between. Made in S.Korea(Ally) has a better marketing image in the States than made in China.
                        well then they lied to the USGA

and you honestly think people will care where they come from if they perform? I don't even know where any of my balls come from, nor do I care. Having a go-between will drive up the cost which is not in Costco's best interest. They may as well have created a new ball for them, to a spec they want.

Comment

well then they lied to the USGA

and you honestly think people will care where they come from if they perform? I don't even know where any of my balls come from, nor do I care. Having a go-between will drive up the cost which is not in Costco's best interest. They may as well have created a new ball for them, to a spec they want.
                          My guess is the Kirkland ball will be an already established ball that will be straight rebranded or one that will be slightly tweaked exclusively for Costco.

I've been told that is how they do their liquor and I have a bottle of Kirkland Kentucky bourbon that tastes an awful like Knob Creek. I've also had their 'American' vodka that was suspiciously just like Skyy. The 60 oz bottle cost me $14 USD.

Did a quick google search and found this about the bourbon.

Last edited by parskiandhutch; Sep 27, 2016, 03:28 PM. Reason: found more info

Comment

THINGS CHANGE.
                            Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by parskiandhutch View Post
                              My guess is the Kirkland ball will be an already established ball that will be straight rebranded or one that will be slightly tweaked exclusively for Costco.

I've been told that is how they do their liquor and I have a bottle of Kirkland Kentucky bourbon that tastes an awful like Knob Creek. I've also had their 'American' vodka that was suspiciously just like Skyy. The 60 oz bottle cost me $14 USD.

Did a quick google search and found this about the bourbon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bourbon/com...ature_bourbon/
                              I'm curious why they would register a ball with the USGA with all of the information required if it wasn't going to be a ball from that specific manufacturer. We know how anal the USGA is about these lists. It makes no sense.

Comment

I'm curious why they would register a ball with the USGA with all of the information required if it wasn't going to be a ball from that specific manufacturer. We know how anal the USGA is about these lists. It makes no sense.
                                I have no idea whatsoever. Would a rebranded ball need to be registered with the USGA?

Found this:

It's a 4 layer ball made by Nassau.....could that be it?

Product Description

4 Layers golf ball offering long distance, great spin, max control, increased speed and optimum velocity.

Nassau Golf is a Netherlands based distributor of high standard technology golf balls to Europe for every player and each type of golf course. Nassau golf balls are a very popular brand in Netherlands and Northern Europe.

The 4 layers Nassau Quattro is a soft golf ball suitable for pitch and putt players.

Cover: Thermoset Urethane with lower hardness materialized the long distance by the stiffness and resistance, keeping the softness and control
                                Core: NdBR soft core gives a very soft feeling still providing fast speed for long distance on drivers
                                Inner mantle: achieved extremely enhanced flying distance from high resilience and low compression resin
                                Outer mantle: Ionomer resin covers give high resilience for lond distance with providing optimum spin rate on irons and drivers
                                Dimple: The new generation of 350 pattern designed by aerodynamic science makes the optimum trajectory for the longest distance on drivers and reduces the runs over the short iron shots.

Found this too (if you can read German):

Last edited by parskiandhutch; Sep 27, 2016, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X