Srixon 765 Irons

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Srixon 765 Irons

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
    the sole of the Cleveland RTX-3 model 56/8 is very close to the Phil Rodgers,only lacking the heel/toe relief.

the sharp edge(1991) P.R grind predates the Trusty Rusty notch sole.
    All of the RTX-3 line incorporate the V-Sole.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
      It's definitely a shaft upgrade he's paying for that's probably not offered through Srixon; build costs are built into the pricing at MG. I know every shaft that's offered at n/c via Srixon/Cleveland and a set of 3-PW is still roughly $1400.
      Ah. So the Op was getting those shafts just built by manufacturer. These are not steel then?

Comment

Originally posted by pszwed View Post
        Ah. So the Op was getting those shafts just built by manufacturer. These are not steel then?
        Don't know, he hasn't replied to the first question about what shafts he's having installed.

Comment

Originally posted by pszwed View Post
          I don't think that's upcharge for shaft. I've been fitted at modern for irons and putter . You can get mainly any shaft included with most manufacturers but that is 1000 labour for the build as modern orders head and shaft separate. Premium build service for those who's games need shaft frequencies exact, consistent swingweight and shafts weighting plus a recheck of those awful factory stated lofts. I didn't pull the trigger on my fit as it wasn't better than my 6i head to head.

For what it's worth I have seen this exact set up with the Cleveland wedges in the bag of a number of people.
          Modern Golf does not order the head and shaft separately except for manufactures who sell by components. Most don't do that (Taylormade, Callaway, Mizuno and presumably Srixon). So they pull the stock shaft then PURE and sort the shaft you want for the build.

Comment

I was fit at MG for Srixon 565's, Tour issue X100's and straight from manufacturer was 1300, for MG to build them was 2300. The extra G I was told was for the MG satisfaction guarantee, if I ordered the rack set they could do minor adjustments for me but no guarantee on exact specs.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgy23 View Post
              I was fit at MG for Srixon 565's, Tour issue X100's and straight from manufacturer was 1300, for MG to build them was 2300. The extra G I was told was for the MG satisfaction guarantee, if I ordered the rack set they could do minor adjustments for me but no guarantee on exact specs.
              Which option did you go with?
              We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
              Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
              Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
              Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
              Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
              Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
              Srixon Star XV
              Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Originally posted by dmcdam View Post
                Which option did you go with?
                Haven't ordered them yet, but when I do it will be the off the rack price. My club pro is also working with the Srixon rep to see if there might be a be a better price available for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgy23 View Post
                  Haven't ordered them yet, but when I do it will be the off the rack price. My club pro is also working with the Srixon rep to see if there might be a be a better price available for me.
                  Not much wiggle room on these irons, especially seeing as the Tour Issue X100's are a n/c upgrade when they are normally $25 per iron through most OEM's. They've also got a promo on where some grips are available at n/c also. I know the Srixon rep for Ontario really well, solid guy and am sure he'll do something to help, if he can.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron View Post
                    Modern Golf does not order the head and shaft separately except for manufactures who sell by components. Most don't do that (Taylormade, Callaway, Mizuno and presumably Srixon). So they pull the stock shaft then PURE and sort the shaft you want for the build.
                    For the callaways they are order separate components at least for the set I got fit into. Yes they normally pull them.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
                      You can try mine, have them in 50/54/58.
                      Nice. Will take you up on the offer (unless i sell my Vokeys and get these in the winter)

What shafts do you have in yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Pete12345 View Post
                        I got fitted at Modern Golf for a new set of irons. I tried a lot of different heads and it came down to two sets, the Srixon 765's and the PXG tour model.

The cost of the Srixon's are $2,300 while the PXG's were $4,600 (these costs include Accra shafts in them). Considering the Srixon's were half the price, I think I am going to go with them. That being said, I never considered Srixon as I haven't ever perceived them as high quality, but maybe they are.

Has anyone else hit them?
                        The Srixons are fantastic clubs. They feel really soft, and I'm a big fan of their head designs. Endo forged, you really can't go wrong.

$2300 is really steep though, I don't care what shafts you're putting into them (judging from the post ACCRA). Pay what you want, but it wouldn't hurt to do your research.

Comment

Srixon is a top notch brand. Make one of the best OEM big brand forgings. Their V sole rocks.

As for price... take your recommendations elsewhere. MG charges way too much for a build. I'm baffled people pay them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
                            Srixon is a top notch brand. Make one of the best OEM big brand forgings. Their V sole rocks.

As for price... take your recommendations elsewhere. MG charges way too much for a build. I'm baffled people pay them.
                            MG isn't cheap but they're doing tour quality builds. Lots can build them cheaper but very few build them better. Lots of people are willing to pay for that extra quality.

Srixon Star XV
                            Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Originally posted by dmcdam View Post
                              MG isn't cheap but they're doing tour quality builds. Lots can build them cheaper but very few build them better. Lots of people are willing to pay for that extra quality.
                              Agree and disagree. Their quality and guarantee is superb however many places will do just as good a job at a fraction of the cost.

To name a few,
                              Dan
                              Kona (don't have first hand experience but told their prices are very reasonable)
                              Peak Performance

I've heard TXG is very reasonably priced and their quality is one of the best.

Hell u can get cheaper prices from a OEMs tour van build if u know what u want over MG.

For 1000$ in labour Id rather buy all the machines and donthe buuld myself

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
                                Agree and disagree. Their quality and guarantee is superb however many places will do just as good a job at a fraction of the cost.

To name a few,
                                Dan
                                Kona (don't have first hand experience but told their prices are very reasonable)
                                Peak Performance

I've heard TXG is very reasonably priced and their quality is one of the best.

Hell u can get cheaper prices from a OEMs tour van build if u know what u want over MG.

For 1000$ in labour Id rather buy all the machines and donthe buuld myself
                                Sure but location plus trackman and MG's satisfaction guarantee seem to be worth it to some. Isn't TXG is pretty much Ian taking a run at his old contacts? I'm sure he's pricing under MG so clients will follow. You might think they're too expensive but I'd argue that their success clearly shows they are not.

Srixon Star XV
                                Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                                X